Breaking: Dumais openly flipping *against* "full ban" on 'AWs'!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Consider the wide range of topics that politicians vote on. It's commonplace for them to know little about the technical details of some of those issues. They rely on polls and staff research.

Due to our efforts, they realize the impact of this issue through the town halls, personal contact and committee testimony and they are taking the time to learn about the issue more. The more they learn, the less these bills make any sense to them.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I am reminding them when I call that if the bill is passed, it will become effective very close to the 2014 elections and that they have already politically awoken tens of thousands of Marylanders.

kharris

Aug 20, 2011
    Carroll County
    There is a huge back story on this, and a great deal more.

There has been tremendous give and take. We got a lot of things removed. Our friends in the legislature - including some surprising new ones - did good things.

But the Governor is twisting back. He is making his last push. We lost some things tonight. We need to push much harder. We need them back.

Honestly, we can win this thing. They know it. We know it. But we gotta want it bad.

Thanks for the reminder Patrick. Hopefully we are pushing hard enough.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    More elitist crap. Let me translate her statement. "Guns are a way of life for RURAL, back woods, uneducated, boobs with no teeth."

Dumais just can't fathom that people from all walks of life own guns for protection and sport.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    But the Governor is twisting back. He is making his last push. We lost some things tonight. We need to push much harder. We need them back.

If history is any indication, O'Malley could do what Glendenning did in '94, and pull fence sitters aside in ones and twos and threaten to cut off funding for their districts if they do not get on board and tow the party line....

...essentially, use blackmail

hilpala

Dec 16, 2011
    Ft Washington, MD
    Spoke to her camp yesterday and although she's a co-sponsor or whatever I expressed that there are several thousand people paying close attention to everything, including judiciary committee votes...even down to cloture votes. We are very informed and strongly oppose SB281/HB294 and HB1277. I made it clear that we are voting constituents and will be voting for representatives that put their voters first...not the governor's political agenda.

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Called

Just spoke with an aide. My opinion was recorded, object to any and all laws restricting guns of any type for any reason, and she stated they appreciated all the response. They are getting a ton of response.
    Keep up the good work.

HICAPMAG

Mar 2, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Just spoke with an aide. My opinion was recorded, object to any and all laws restricting guns of any type for any reason, and she stated they appreciated all the response. They are getting a ton of response.
    Keep up the good work.

E-Mailed

Thanked her being open to persuasion and for letting her thoughts be known. Pointed out that I, and my family, are in her District, and that we are watching her actions on this bill very closely. Closed by urging her to say no to stripping law-abiding citizens of their constitutional rights.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I just called her office and got a very pleasant lady on the phone. I asked that Delagate Dumais to not only vote no on the bill but asked that she drop her sponsorship of the bill.

We need to make this staffers day a lot harder. She is way to happy right now.

Zyvo

Mar 2, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I emailed her, but left out that I don't live in her district. I did encourage her to continue to think independantly and to continue to put the Constitutional rights of our citizens above politics.

I got an auto-reply that just informed me that she received my email. Even though she's not my delegate, I figured she needs to know that the opposition to this bill is only going to grow.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Don't get me wrong, this is good news, BUT, Bushe wants the AR 15 banned,so even if the committee removes the AR 15 he will simply have one of his cronies introduce an amemdment on the floor to put them back in and it will be done.

Thats why the public split is important. It will not be sub Rosa. It will be clear that there is a split in the party. This will make it possible for others to split as well. Its not just the end result but how we get there. She feels the need to go public ... there is a reason. I will not speculate further in public at this time..

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    If history is any indication, O'Malley could do what Glendenning did in '94, and pull fence sitters aside in ones and twos and threaten to cut off funding for their districts if they do not get on board and tow the party line....

...essentially, use blackmail

They will. But they went public for a reason. If they talk to each other and they will they will learn that they not the Governor have control of the budget.:) I suggest that we might point that out when we speak to them.

2A aside I a very concerned when a legislature is to differential to the executive, and I suggest that that to is a issue we should bring to the voters ;)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Other than everything, what specifically can we hammer them on? I can call, fax and e-mail all day, heck I can even make face-to-face visits, but what are the hot button items to push them off their heals and on their butts?

Remind them that the legislature not a rubber stamp.That they are the voice of the people and are a co equal branch of government.

They are the real seat of government, not the administration... not the executive --the legislature. Find some quotes about the role of the peoples house from our founders..

Make them feel it. Fill them with the pride of their office. This is why we lobby them so hard--They are the government-- the Governor is just there to mind the store when they are not in session. Make them feel it.

Just my thoughts...

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Just called Dumais (she is my rep) and asked her current position on the HB294 and SB281. Was told by staffer she didn't know how the Del would vote and the no voting was scheduled for today. Told the staffer I stand opposed to these bills and requested that Dumais vote no on the bills and to pull her sponsorship of the bills. Let her know I was a Dino and would be voting against her in the primaries and general election if she continued to support these bills.

All of the representatives who have supported these bills at any point this year need to be removed from office. This is a great opportunity to turn the Ship of state around and take back Maryland from the left. We need to send a message that we are not to be trifled with and that even proposing legislation to take away our rights will not be tolerated.

Lbaucom

Jul 22, 2010
    Severn, MD
    the bill is being voted on by two committees, do not forget why. if they have the votes to pass it out of committee, they can give her permission to vote against. hate to sound like a negative nelly, but it happens down here.

gedelea

Spartan
    Jan 9, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    I shared the info from the posting with my Delegate last night. She also sits on the Judicial Affairs side of the House. Hopefully with this info in the press coupled with no real top cover from the White House and other Democrats in DC she will feel "safe" to also oppose this provision.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I am glad there are some cracks appearing in their armour. Hopefully with the AWB being pulled on the Federal level, more will fall in Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom