• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    The book I have to stay tight lipped about it, too much an it will spill the beans.

The software is also something no one has done or has discussed to my knowledge. Im not a software guy, im more of a designer and guy that tests. The idea was mine and I brought in some people to help.

If either happens Ill need to have a forum to take feedback and do updates.
    Nice hope it works out for you man. Make it rich then maybe some of us will try to make are idea's happen. I have always had some idea's for ammo and a few guns

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I like the butt stuff. The gun stuff gives me grey hair. LOL

The butt stuff just leaves a brown ring.:lol2:

Remington will likely debate the issue and want to examine the gun themselves, especially since there was no personal injury. I have given the owner a report and he is contacting Remington.

Remington if they take responsibility will likely just pay the original cost of the weapon, plus Taxes and any paperwork. Possibly some goodies thrown in.

The gun was not modified in any way.

Yea, another box of the same lot of ammo and a new pair of underwear and pants.:lol2:

I hope they (Remington) step up then, although they ought to be thanking god there was no personal injury, just possibly ruined underwear and pants.

Personaly, I believe you will find that this pistol fired out of battery or there was a short
    charge of powder and when fired the short charge sends the pressures up to that of a
    center fire rifle. In P O Ackleys Book Vol 1 & 2, he does testing on this very topic.

I don't know if this is fact or just in theory, but not too long ago (earlier this year) I read an article in an at least somewhat credible firearm media source that an undercharged cartridge, in the right scenario (kind of like that of the perfect storm), can increase pressures above that of max SAAMI pressures due to the pressure curve being almost instantanious though short lived instead of building up to normal pressures over time as more and more powder continues to burn till burned out or projectile exits the barrel and the remaing powder follows. The full explaination of this in detail did make sense but I'm not sure if it holds true, though I did make note of this in my gray matter for possible future reference if needed. I know it sounds strange, but there may be some element of truth to it though I am unable to back that up with any personal knowledge or experience.

What are your credentials?

I like Speer Lawman too

and Aguila (Mexican)...surprisingly decent ammo.

If I'm not mistaking, the Aquila factory in Mexico is setup and/or run by Remington or Winchester.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    If I'm not mistaking, the Aquila factory in Mexico is setup and/or run by Remington or Winchester.

I had not heard one way or the other, but I have experienced issues with both Remington and Winchester ammo (white boxed target/training brands)...so far so good with the Aguila. Seems to be loaded hotter too.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I had not heard one way or the other, but I have experienced issues with both Remington and Winchester ammo (white boxed target/training brands)...so far so good with the Aguila. Seems to be loaded hotter too.

To the best of my recollection, I haven't really heard of any complaints/problems with the Aquila ammo.

jaypark

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 29, 2009
    peoples republic of MOCO
    If the Software thing goes through Ill offer some good friends positions. I wont be hiring strangers.

resume- 20+ years of uniformed, plain clothes, and undercover experience. Qual'd in intell gathering, unconventional investigative tactics, SWAT/Sniper, and happy to bang doors in low-high risk warrant service. Like to drink pina coladas and getting caught in the rain, badmitton, reloading 40 under the supervision of Clan

and as I side note.... youve heard of soldier proof or cop proof as a designation that its simple and incapable of being destroyed... I'm the exception to that as I break everything from computers to batons.... but I'll make sure your deliveries come on time and adversaries will have 'accidents'

Sirex