• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    This post is just a reminder for safety's sake.
    I was at the Severn Wal Mart this week, and they had one box of Remington 45 ACP.
    It is the same lot number in question..........L45AP4

Just saying......

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    L45AP4 isn't the lot number, it's the SKU. The lot number is stamped inside the box on the flap.

Bingo. That is the code that the maker uses to ID that loading. Example, Federal has a standard pressure 115gr 9mm JHP load that is called "9BP". PMC's 115gr 9mm ball is "9A". Lot numbers may be on the flap or on some Federal handgun ammo, on the outside near the UPC code.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Scary chit! I had a factory overload with Western 30-06 years ago. 4' flames out of the spit hole, and hurt my ears - wearing military 'mickey muffs'. Thank God 03-A3's are built like tanks! Didn't hurt the gun and even ejected the FUBAR'ed case - when I beat the bolt open on the bench! And NO your pants don't get brown, your sphincter gets TIGHT!
    We figured that one was a double load. The rest of the ammo would shake like a maraca, whatever powder they used did not fill the case wich is a BIG no-no! They should have used a filler or a different powder so double loads could not occur!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    No Punchmaster has openly said I have no gunsmithing skills and my knowledge is lacking. He can foad.

Oh my..., don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel.

Actually scratch that, I remember that exchange..., enjoyable - yes, productive - not really.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    Agree 100%, I'd never shoot one let alone own one. The weight savings isn't worth the risk.

Technically speaking, steel is an alloy. It's primary base is iron, with a bit of carbon added, thus making it an alloy. Not trying to make a big deal out of it, but for terminology, or clarity sake, you might consider other terminology like:

non - ferrous alloys: anything other than alloys containing ferrite (iron, such as in steel or stainless steel)

aluminum alloy: aluminum based materials.

composite: plastic based materials.

I'm assuming you are referring to non-ferrous alloys? Are composites O.K.? I see some manufacturers are having issues with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom