• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    Here's another example: basic sig 226 is $1050 at big dog, $890 at buds guns, and $780 on gun broker(and not sold with 4 hours left on buy-it-now). Big dogs price is 34% more than gb! I paid $850 at my local gun shop in Tennessee in february at the height of the panic! All require same transfer fee and big dog also requires tax which makes the big dog price $400 more than gb! I could buy another gun with that kind of savings!

Here's another: Harris bipod $92+tax at big dog while midway's price is $64+shipping for same model. Big dog price premium: 42%.
    And this is why they probably do not give prices out over the phone. You do realize there are more than 50 variations of the Sig P226? Most of them look the same, but have different triggers, different sites, different grips, etc....and of course different prices! Are you sure your model is the same as the one they have in the store?

As for Harris, there are about 25 different variations of their bi-pod. Same story?

I guess Big Dogs should come on the board again and apologize for having such a good selection on in stock merchandise?

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    They should come back and apologize for how the acted about customers stating opinions that was uncalled for.

Bigpops

Open Shooters Unite!!
    Sep 30, 2010
    SoMd.
    Guys...guys...guys.

I hate to get involved in this discussion/argument but....come on! It's a free market. Shop there if you wish...dont if you wish. It really is that simple.

Living in Maryland, I am just thankful someone had the ambition to open another store...and I have never even stepped into the place.

I swear...reading all of this continuous banter....sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

See you on the range!

Steve

wiseguy813

Jul 11, 2011
    Lexington Park, MD
    I was in this afternoon and saw pretty decent prices. Picked up 2 gen2 pmags for 11.99 each and a cmmg parts kit for 69.99 for wifeys upcoming build. Pretty decent prices if you ask me

Sent from Galaxy S4

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    I was in this afternoon and saw pretty decent prices. Picked up 2 gen2 pmags for 11.99 each and a cmmg parts kit for 69.99 for wifeys upcoming build. Pretty decent prices if you ask me

Sent from Galaxy S4

Sounds like great prices --- Glad you scored some good parts - - I picked up some lpk recently also for a great deal

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    Never seen an IP, on any forum, come into a thread and call people trolls. Quite the interesting business practice or lack there of. Even more surprising is members defending the IP.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Never seen an IP, on any forum, come into a thread and call people trolls. Quite the interesting business practice or lack there of. Even more surprising is members defending the IP.

the sad thing is that no one was really saying anything bad about big dogs. we are only saying that the prices are higher and not liking of the no prices over the phone or internet.
    Have you noticed that they have not come back on here since and just think every time someone reply to this tread it pushes it back to the top of the list giving him even more advertising.

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    Have you noticed that they have not come back on here since and just think every time someone reply to this tread it pushes it back to the top of the list giving him even more advertising.
    Why would they come back? Pointless, no matter what they say, it isn't going to stop the cheap cry babies here from whining. I hope Big Dogs takes his sponsorship money to other forums and doesn't continue to support Mdshooters. Never in all the years I have been on various forums have I seen users tear apart a sponsor and the forum Mods just allow it to happen.. Sad...:sad20:

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf

Some of us think the prices at Big Dogs are fine, great customer service, supporter of Mdshooters. So why wouldn't some of us defend a great business, that caters to us local shooters. A few penny pinching, frugal cry babies or the IP defending themselves on here aren't going to keep me from shopping there.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Guys...guys...guys.

I hate to get involved in this discussion/argument but....come on! It's a free market. Shop there if you wish...dont if you wish. It really is that simple.

Living in Maryland, I am just thankful someone had the ambition to open another store...and I have never even stepped into the place.

I swear...reading all of this continuous banter....sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

See you on the range!

Steve
    This, they can do what they want,the same as the potential customers can tell them to shove it! that is the beauty of capitolism right???

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Why would they come back? Pointless, no matter what they say, it isn't going to stop the cheap cry babies here from whining. I hope Big Dogs takes his sponsorship money to other forums and doesn't continue to support Mdshooters. Never in all the years I have been on various forums have I seen users tear apart a sponsor and the forum Mods just allow it to happen.. Sad...:sad20:

NO ONE HAS TOURN THEM APART, IN FACT EVERYONE HAS SAID THEY HAVE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND A GOOD STOCK AND NICE PEOPLE. WE HAVE ONLY STATED THAT THE PRICES ARE HIGH AND THE DIS LIKE FOR ONE OF THE POLICIES THE STORE HAS.

Everyone of us have said we don't mind paying a little more for a local store and a form supporter! however we don't like being charged out of proportion for the same things.
    I my self have stated that you can find some good deals at BDO and have praised the customer service that I have gotten from them, Nothing I have said was untrue or even bad about them and I have not seen anyone say anything bad about them!
    What i did see is the owner coming on here and calling people trolls and lairs! If he thinks someone stating an opinion makes them a troll then he as well as some others on here need to think again. People have said this is america and he has the right to charge what he wants, well he does as we have the right to say we think he is over priced on a lot of his stuff. We have also been told that if money is an issue with us we should not be buying guns, it is so nice for some people that are better off the the rest tell us how we should spend our money.

This tread isn't going anyplace because some are not reading what is put down and only seeing what they want then using what they think is being said to try and start a fight.

so unless big dog has been neutered he should come back on here and address his customers as what they really are customers with concerns!

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.
    Some of us think the prices at Big Dogs are fine, great customer service, supporter of Mdshooters. So why wouldn't some of us defend a great business, that caters to us local shooters. A few penny pinching, frugal cry babies or the IP defending themselves on here aren't going to keep me from shopping there.

Wow, agree to disagree and let it go. You really think your bitchin about everybody else is gonna change their mind? :rolleyes:

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    :deadhorse:

Option A or B you get to pick one

A. Go to Big Dogs Outfitters.

B. Don't Go to Big Dogs Outfitters.

Some people make an issue out where to buy beer!

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    Wow, agree to disagree and let it go. You really think your bitchin about everybody else is gonna change their mind? :rolleyes:

I'm not bitchin about nothing, I have no issues with Big Dogs, you don't hear me crying over prices. You don't like the prices, state your case and move on, don't keep whining, you think whining is gonna make them change their mind?:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom