• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    People let's not take this in this direction.
    While calling people troll and cry baby was not called for and neither was calling someone a dumbass.
    let's all back up and stop with the name calling.

Now for the post where a competition price was giver it may have been in poor wording. I don't feel it was given to under cut big dog because they did not have the same accessories. I feel ( and hope) it was to give people another choice.

TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    ledo sucks, how bout them apples!

You crossed the line!

062af4b20a15241fcc536a4714d0667d.jpg

:mad54:

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I think the only people buying from them are people who have never bought guns or ammo until the crisis started. Did anybody ever think the reason they always have stuff in stock is because anybody who knows anything about guns or ammo would never pay their prices?

You think wrong ... plain and simple. I've been buying and collecting guns for years, and I keep a close watch on the market for about 25 different firearms. I also have kept track of a lot of ammo prices and availability. Places like BDO don't have the buying power direct from the manufacturers that the big chain stores have. If they are going to get something, they have to pay what the wholesalers are charging ... and that's not cheap these days.

Maybe you haven't been keeping track of prices and availability, and are comparing today's market to last November, and before?

I was just in a small gun shop in western VA yesterday, and the lady who was running that was upset that a couple of customers had been very rude to her about some of their prices, accusing her of "ripping off" customers and inflating prices. She told me what she was having to pay to have ammo on the shelves, and it wasn't cheap! What she was charging wasn't much more than she was paying.

You want the small gun stores to go out of business? Keep bitching about them charging enough to try to make a profit, pay rent, pay business license fees, taxes, etc. That will do it.

Don't like the prices? Don't pay them. Don't like them not quoting prices to you over the phone? Don't shop there. (Does your local grocery store quote you prices over the phone? How about Walmart?')

But making it sound like they are dishonest and cheating people is libelous.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Never seen an IP, on any forum, come into a thread and call people trolls. Quite the interesting business practice or lack there of. Even more surprising is members defending the IP.

The term "troll" goes back to the online days before the Internet, when there was a group of people on government-sponsored nodes who put together Usenet ... which had groups similar to this one. "Troll" referred to fishing, when someone would run an inflammatory "bait" comment past people on the group in hopes that someone would take it and an argument would start.

In that context, the comments were inflammatory and I know that many of them were untrue. That fits the definition of "troll" perfectly.

Surprised that someone's defending an IP who is trying to run an ethical business--one that we need to continue participating in our hobbies--during especially tough economic times? I don't see why that should be surprising.

We go out and give giant foreign oil companies whatever they demand, no matter the reason or lack of logic, and we don't go on a pissing and moaning spree over it. But let one AMERICAN citizen try to start a local business, pricing things where they can keep stock on the shelves and stay in business, and some people think that they should pile onto them.

What's wrong with this picture?

If you don't want to buy from them ... don't. They'll still get my regular business and that of a number of other people here who have actually been to the store and know what they are talking about.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The term "troll" goes back to the online days before the Internet, when there was a group of people on government-sponsored nodes who put together Usenet ... which had groups similar to this one. "Troll" referred to fishing, when someone would run an inflammatory "bait" comment past people on the group in hopes that someone would take it and an argument would start.

In that context, the comments were inflammatory and I know that many of them were untrue. That fits the definition of "troll" perfectly.

Surprised that someone's defending an IP who is trying to run an ethical business--one that we need to continue participating in our hobbies--during especially tough economic times? I don't see why that should be surprising.

We go out and give giant foreign oil companies whatever they demand, no matter the reason or lack of logic, and we don't go on a pissing and moaning spree over it. But let one AMERICAN citizen try to start a local business, pricing things where they can keep stock on the shelves and stay in business, and some people think that they should pile onto them.

What's wrong with this picture?

If you don't want to buy from them ... don't. They'll still get my regular business and that of a number of other people here who have actually been to the store and know what they are talking about.

AMEN BROTHER !!!:party29:

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    I shop there and will continue to do so, do what you want but quit wasting every ones time trying to start arguments (addressed to whoever started this crap). :mad54:

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I shop there and will continue to do so, do what you want but quit wasting every ones time trying to start arguments (addressed to whoever started this crap). :mad54:

My dad taught me it takes two to argue. Seems to me like you are only contributing more fuel to a fire that should have been extinguished a LONG time ago. It is only a waste of time for you if you continue to read the thread.

But this thread has certainly run its course. BDs is a business (and IP) that can run its business in a way the owner decides best meets the business plan. Either love it or leave it. Personally I think this thread has exhausted itself. I know it has exhausted me.

I for one will not be making the road trip just to see what they have in stock, because frankly, my local FFLs fill most all my needs already. However, if I happen to be in the neighborhood, I will do as I do for all other FFLs. I will stop by to see what they have, buy something if I find something I need or want I can't find elsewhere, or leave with a thank you to the staff for answering my questions and allowing me to wander the aisles.

Nuclear

Jul 7, 2013
    If anyone has visited or is visiting BDO this week, I'd like to know their price on the Sig 556R.
    Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom