• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wood5443

Sep 23, 2012
    Lexington Park
    I am kinda wondering if people's kids have hacked their parent(s) accounts . Lots of pre-teen drama going on this thread.

Now that I have your attention, I have been to BDO once. The reason it has only been once is the few other times I have passed their shop was after they were closed for the day. While I have not purchased a firearm from them yet, I did walk out with some a good rifle case and some mags for a fair price. I will be going by Wednesday to see what they have since the folks that work there treated me like a valued customer (and did not judge me for living in the People's republic of MD, CA east, other MD jokes...).

They are a small business and don't get the prices that hell mart or other big box stores can get.

Give them a chance. Or don't. But lets try to act like we are not 12 (leave that to the anti's)

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming

ArchAngel78

Feb 28, 2010
    Last time I want I had a good experience. It was awesome to actually be able to purchase all the items I wanted. Staff was very nice.

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    Wish I would have seen this a few hours ago!!

I have a M10 AK47 I need to get some mags and ammo for but I've been waiting for a buddy to ride down with me and he's been tied up the last few times I've been available.

Any M1A's on the wall that you happened to notice?

Sorry mark, didn't really check rifle prices, I was looking for a P250 2sum myself. They definitely have all the mags you could want though, lowest prices I have seen. I wanna say AK food was at a good price too, but I don't exactly remember how much.

iggy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2013
    Sorry mark, didn't really check rifle prices, I was looking for a P250 2sum myself. They definitely have all the mags you could want though, lowest prices I have seen. I wanna say AK food was at a good price too, but I don't exactly remember how much.

The wife bought the compact 9mm P250 at a local shop, so I competed the 2sum by getting the full size 45 kit. The trigger pull is long but smooth and relatively consistent throughout. I wouldn't have picked a DA only for myself, but it has a great feel.

Glock30Eric

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2013
    Wish I would have seen this a few hours ago!!

I have a M10 AK47 I need to get some mags and ammo for but I've been waiting for a buddy to ride down with me and he's been tied up the last few times I've been available.

Any M1A's on the wall that you happened to notice?

I went there few weeks ago. They have surplus of steel mags and tapco mags. From $17 to $25 each.

I saw few M1A on the shelf ranging from $2500 to $4.5k.

zyo81

Jan 6, 2013
    I am kinda wondering if people's kids have hacked their parent(s) accounts . Lots of pre-teen drama going on this thread.

Now that I have your attention, I have been to BDO once. The reason it has only been once is the few other times I have passed their shop was after they were closed for the day. While I have not purchased a firearm from them yet, I did walk out with some a good rifle case and some mags for a fair price. I will be going by Wednesday to see what they have since the folks that work there treated me like a valued customer (and did not judge me for living in the People's republic of MD, CA east, other MD jokes...).

They are a small business and don't get the prices that hell mart or other big box stores can get.

Give them a chance. Or don't. But lets try to act like we are not 12 (leave that to the anti's)

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming

Why would you defend a place you haven't really shopped at? 300 over msrp for a colt 6920 is ridiculous for any "small business".

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Why would you defend a place you haven't really shopped at? 300 over msrp for a colt 6920 is ridiculous for any "small business".

Did you try negotiating or make an offer? Do a "bundle deal?" You might have been pleasantly surprised... or not. YMMV.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Wow. I think I am going to have to make a trip and check this place out for myself. One thing is for sure, he is getting a lot of exposure/publicity here. You know what they say about bad publicity; there's no such thing.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Jeeeeeez!! I couldn't believe this is still going and strong!!

It's going, but neither side of the argument has ever really been strong... Die thread Die!

Seriously. They have positives and negatives like every other shop. If I am cruising by and they have mags I want at a good price I will get them. If I am looking for something I want and they won't give me a price they can pound sand I will get it somewhere else. Their choice. At least they don't keep an MSP ammo log.

zyo81

Jan 6, 2013
    Did you try negotiating or make an offer? Do a "bundle deal?" You might have been pleasantly surprised... or not. YMMV.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

No I didn't, because I already have one, that I bought for hundreds less at a different small business.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I just don't get why about 5 people keep bitching about a place that hasn't cheated them, treated them badly, or done anything else of that sort. It seems like the only complaint that these folks have is that they didn't like the price that they saw on something.

Here's a proposal for those few people. Have a yard sale and put all your firearms out for sale. The rest of us will show up, tell you what prices WE think you should be selling them for, and we'll take them home at those prices.

Doesn't sound so good when the tables are turned, does it?

Let's put this BS thread to sleep.

Wood5443

Sep 23, 2012
    Lexington Park

I didn't look at the 6920s cost since I was not in the market. I was looking at mags, ammo, handgun and mosin costs. They have good prices on the mags especially the magpuls and the mosins were good (cheaper than tackle box by 70 bucks)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom