• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    The WOA barrels they use are MOA to sub-MOA with the right shooter and ammo. If you want to get all the accuracy out of the platform you can, be sure to get a free floated hand guard installed. They do damn good work and have supported the community and forum for years. Just man up and drive to see them. It will be worth it.

I didn't go with a WOA barrel, I brought a Shilen in and asked them to assemble my upper for me, since I didn't have the tools at the time and I didn't know how to do it back then. It was also the first Shilen AR barrel they had ever seen...

If you are just window shopping, then you may want to look in their IP section, or find a shop closer to you.

Man up? lol driving 2 and a half hours has nothing to do with being a man.....
    And i'm not window shopping, if there store was across the street i'd own one already. Its just trying to find time to drive down there since I work during the week.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Man up? lol driving 2 and a half hours has nothing to do with being a man.....
    And i'm not window shopping, if there store was across the street i'd own one already. Its just trying to find time to drive down there since I work during the week.
    They are open on Saturday's...

5e0908c1ad41742437f2a8c6075a9507.jpg

Edit:
    The man up thing was meant as a joke, nothing more.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I played with a LWRC DI rifle yesterday. It was certainly a very nice rifle. Pretty much a done rifle aside from an optic IMO but then again for 1400 bucks, it better be LOL.

ambidextrous everything and felt very well made.

I still have a hard time swallowing a 1400 dollar AR-15 price but figure that a 700 dollar gun can easily climb to that price with all the options it comes with including the hammer forged barrel which is fluted and light weight.

Logan Betterton

May 14, 2015
    Eastern Shore MD
    ***Disclaimer: Obviously I am bias.***

I've chimed in on a few comparison threads on AR15.com about this topic. IMO the Di is probably the best high-end/ high-quality direct impingement AR for the money and its MD legal. In the $1500.00 ballpark, you are getting a lot of features per dollar.

FEATURES:
    Nickel-boron bolt carrier
    Nickel-boron fire control group
    (New) LWRC lightweight modular rail system
    Monoforged upper receiver
    Birdcage A2 FH
    LWRC ambidextrous charging handle
    LWRC Compact stock
    LWRC rail panels
    (New)LWRC Angled grip with QD sling mount
    MOE+ grip
    Barrel specifications
    -Cold hammer forged
    -NiCorr treated
    -Spiral fluted (reduces 20% of the barrel weight)
    Fully ambidextrous IC lower
    -Ambi magazine catch
    -Ambi selector
    -Ambi bolt catch

We are also 100% US made right here in MD and do a lot more machining then most gun manufactures out there. With so many AR components being mil-spec its rather easy to outsource certain parts and stamp a name on them. We actually machine and coat many of our components in an effort to control quality and continue improvement. As for our CS, feel free to contact me any time.

Logan Betterton

May 14, 2015
    Eastern Shore MD
    You'd get my money Logan. Was my first recommendation.

:D

And by all means, if our rifle does not fit the bill for someone's needs, goals, or budget; I would not suggest it. However, if anyone is looking for a 5.56 AR (Di) in the $1500 ballpark it's hard to beat the new Di. I'm not seeing much out there with the same amount of quality and features in that price range.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    :D

And by all means, if our rifle does not fit the bill for someone's needs, goals, or budget; I would not suggest it. However, if anyone is looking for a 5.56 AR (Di) in the $1500 ballpark it's hard to beat the new Di. I'm not seeing much out there with the same amount of quality and features in that price range.

I'm not in the market for an AR but a few weeks ago I was looking at a wall of them and the single LWRC really stood out and I swear it was whispering...buy me...buy me. I'm afraid to go back into to that store again. :drool: :deal:

timkz

Oct 14, 2013
    I'm in the market for my first AR. I am looking for durability and reliability and sure, accuracy. DI only please. This would be my SHTF rifle, as well as a fun range plinker. Because of marylands gun laws I know I am limited in my options otherwise I would buy KAC or Noveske. I know the HBAR Colts, LMTs (although hard to find now) and LWRC DI are good options. Precision Firearms in WV make HBARs that are match fitted, giesselle triggers, lothar walther barrels, and so on. Anyone have any experience with them? Are there any worthy options/brands that I don't know about? Because it will be my first, and for a while only AR, I would like a pre-built rifle with a good reputation, made for warfare. I know this topic has been beat to death so I appreciate the input.

I went through this same process about 8 months ago and ended up building my own. It was fun, got exactly what I wanted and did save a few bucks. Here is a link to a previous post on my first AR-15 build: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=4276042#post4276042

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    S2W (strength to weight) is DD's HBAR

Not to hijack, but I am totally stoked by this....

16" 5.56mm, Mid-length, 1:7, S2W®

The Daniel Defense 16” 5.56mm S2W® barrel is designed with a strength to weight profile (Daniel Defense's Heavy Barrel), a 1:7" twist rate, and a Mid-length gas system.

That is directly from their web site for the S2W profile. :party29::party29::party29::party29

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    I am in the same boat, looking for an off the shelf AR, I am really liking the LWRC DI, and the DD 5.56S2W as listed above, the shop I was at didn't have either of those in stock but did have the new Ruger SR5.56 takedown which was interesting to me in the fact i could have a 5.56 and 300 blackout in the same gun with only changing the barrel and using the different mags, of course all in for that gun would be around $2500 or so after buying the 300 blackout barrel kit which I am not sure how that would work in MD since the kit comes with 30 round mags

any input or feedback? I am hoping to buy in the next week or so

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I am in the same boat, looking for an off the shelf AR, I am really liking the LWRC DI, and the DD 5.56S2W as listed above, the shop I was at didn't have either of those in stock but did have the new Ruger SR5.56 takedown which was interesting to me in the fact i could have a 5.56 and 300 blackout in the same gun with only changing the barrel and using the different mags, of course all in for that gun would be around $2500 or so after buying the 300 blackout barrel kit which I am not sure how that would work in MD since the kit comes with 30 round mags

any input or feedback? I am hoping to buy in the next week or so

I've always been in the camp of Daniel defense thinks too highly of themselves. I think the idea of a 2 in 1 gun such as the ruger is a nice idea but pricey and not worth the trouble.

For that price btw, you could by an LWRC DI gun and an S&W 300 black out gun from the gun shop in Essex.

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    I've always been in the camp of Daniel defense thinks too highly of themselves. I think the idea of a 2 in 1 gun such as the ruger is a nice idea but pricey and not worth the trouble.

For that price btw, you could by an LWRC DI gun and an S&W 300 black out gun from the gun shop in Essex.

thanks for the feedback and I haven't really been into the AR long enough yet to say I can agree about Daniel Defense, I do see a lot of comments of an either love it or hated company.

I really did like the Ruger but yes it is very pricey but the idea of 2 guns in 1 is appealing but maybe not as appealing as having 2.

I will have to look more into the S&W 300, wasn't in my plans to get one, was only looking at a nice AR but then the Ruger kind of changed that

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    thanks for the feedback and I haven't really been into the AR long enough yet to say I can agree about Daniel Defense, I do see a lot of comments of an either love it or hated company.

I really did like the Ruger but yes it is very pricey but the idea of 2 guns in 1 is appealing but maybe not as appealing as having 2.

I will have to look more into the S&W 300, wasn't in my plans to get one, was only looking at a nice AR but then the Ruger kind of changed that
    Why don't you build one lower and then build 2 uppers. If done properly, it should run about 1300, with both uppers.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Lwrc DI. A bit more. But outstanding quality. OP did ask for "best" MD legal ar. Hell I got a noveske rogue hunter at Duffy's C&C.[/QUO

LWRC but I like piston vs DI
    or
    Engage.

Can't go wrong with either one. Have had both with zero issues after thousands of rounds through them. There are others I'm sure but I've used both of these in AR class in all kinds of weather conditions and like I said before. Zero problems.

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    Why don't you build one lower and then build 2 uppers. If done properly, it should run about 1300, with both uppers.

honestly for my first I would rather just buy one, I have tossed around the idea of building 1 or 2, but I would rather have 1 that is manufactured and all from 1 company and later on build 1 or 2 out from there.

I appreciate the build side of things but at the same time the instant gratification of just buying a gun off the shelf that is ready to go for the most part is very appealing

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom