• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    IMNSHO, the Colt 6721 is a great carbine.

My youngest son recently bought his first AR, and he selected the 6721.

He found an EOTech for a really good price. (I prefer the Aimpoint PRO.)

So many good choices. My preference(s):

Colt
    Windham Weaponry

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    LWRC makes MD legal rifles. If I had my choice that would be my number one choice. Plus they are made in Maryland.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    New ip on the board and probably a wee bit expensive for many, but Gun Metal, inc.
    right here in millersville/Pasadena. I know the owner and some of how they make their builds.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    The guy is asking about the best rifle available in MD he can buy. Not bashing windham or colt but if he's asking about BEST then There are options that are cash and carry and hands down better. LWRC and Knights are going to be better rifles if he's not asking what's the best value. Windham and colt are going to basically be identical other then a roll mark. Knights, LWRC and a few custom makers will be better. But with that said some of these high end makers have proprietary components and if they break your stuck with running back to the company for repairs or parts.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I just heard about LWRC having proprietary parts... which parts?

LWRC uses mostly a piston operating operating system (as opposed to standard DI). The piston, operating rod, BCG, are all non interchangeable with DI parts*.
    So if you're on a hunting trip in Bumbleduck Georgia and something breaks you're SOL unless you brought spare parts or can find an LWRC dealer who has the parts in stock.

*There may be other parts but I'm not sure.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    LWRC uses mostly a piston operating operating system (as opposed to standard DI). The piston, operating rod, BCG, are all non interchangeable with DI parts*.
    So if you're on a hunting trip in Bumbleduck Georgia and something breaks you're SOL unless you brought spare parts or can find an LWRC dealer who has the parts in stock.

*There may be other parts but I'm not sure.

Maybe leave this response up to Logan, the LWRC expert? Crazy I know because you need to get your opinion in edgewise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom