Here was the result...
    20230629_222238.jpg
    Screenshot_20230629_223208_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230629_223138_Chrome.jpg

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    The US Supreme Court's decision knocking down Biden's student loan forgiveness plan speaks very well for the future (or lack thereof) of Biden's ATF's overreach on issues such as pistol braces and bump stocks.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Got my three (3) e-form 1’s back today, amnesty “free” tax stamp SBR’s. Weird getting this back with no actual tax stamp attached (“tax exempt“). These were all e-filed thru SilencerShop on 11 May. Turnaround time was a little slower than expected, but now I’m good with one Federal and State SBR, and two Federal SBR/Maryland legal braced pistols.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Got my three (3) e-form 1’s back today, amnesty “free” tax stamp SBR’s. Weird getting this back with no actual tax stamp attached (“tax exempt“). These were all e-filed thru SilencerShop on 11 May. Turnaround time was a little slower than expected, but now I’m good with one Federal and State SBR, and two Federal SBR/Maryland legal braced pistols.

I submitted one shortly after you so I hopefully get it soon.
    I’m probably just throwing a stock on mine. Since it’s now an “SBR” might as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I submitted one shortly after you so I hopefully get it soon.
    I’m probably just throwing a stock on mine. Since it’s now an “SBR” might as well.

Gonna trick out my IWI Zion pistol SBR into full tacticool SBR, as there is no sweat getting the MD 29” OAL. The HK SP5K and Springfield Saint 7.5” would like to be full legit SBR’s, but the stupid MD OAL is not reachable in any way that I can readily determine. Those 2 can stay as braced pistols for a while, or forever.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Federal Appeals Court finds Biden's pistol-brace rule likely unconstitutional and thus approves injunction.

Attorney General quote in the 1930s while discussing enacting the 1934 NFA: "I do not expect criminals to comply with this law".

There is also a 60 day time limit to get this all settled. I am not sure yet what that means but it looks like this will have to be put to bed soon.

Same thing but in layman terms.

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Federal Appeals Court finds Biden's pistol-brace rule likely unconstitutional and thus approves injunction.

Attorney General quote in the 1930s while discussing enacting the 1934 NFA: "I do not expect criminals to comply with this law".

There is also a 60 day time limit to get this all settled. I am not sure yet what that means but it looks like this will have to be put to bed soon.

Same thing but in layman terms.

Once pistols were removed from the 1934 NFA, SBRs should have gone with them. This whole thing is complete bulshit!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Once pistols were removed from the 1934 NFA, SBRs should have gone with them. This whole thing is complete bulshit!

It would appear that 92+% of the owners of braced pistols agree with your position, to the extent that they refused, or did not bother, to accede to the ATF's generous offer of a "free" tax stamp for their weapons.

An 8% (at best!) compliance rate would be on a par with the NY gun owners' level of compliance with the much-despised "SAFE Act" and is indicative of the position of the vast majority of American firearms owners regarding the over-reaching anti-gun owner legislation that is so popular in the legislatures of those few states which prefer their citizens to be unarmed, lest they be inclined to protect themselves, their families and their homes.

Last edited:

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    5th circuit declares pistol brace rule unconstitutional
    I didn’t read the other thread in its entirety, but in my glancing through it I got that they only said “probably unconstitutional” and granted the injunction to stop its implementation. An injunction only stops them for now until it can go through the complete court process. That doesn’t seem to be the same thing as what you said. I’m hoping you’re correct though.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I didn’t read the other thread in its entirety, but in my glancing through it I got that they only said “probably unconstitutional” and granted the injunction to stop its implementation. An injunction only stops them for now until it can go through the complete court process. That doesn’t seem to be the same thing as what you said. I’m hoping you’re correct though.

They told the lower courts how to interpret the law and try again because it violated Administrative Procedures Act.

Seems like the writing is on the wall and they told them to do it expeditiously in the next 60 days.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    The leftist owned media is starting to realize how much of a big deal loss this is going to be for them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom