• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M1842

Jul 27, 2009
    Yep, did it yesterday. Will be kind of fun to say "I'm a registered Democrat against <insert liberal cause here>"

Free Stater

Semper Paratus
    Mar 12, 2013
    Baltimore City
    Independent Going Pro2A Dem

I have to admit it was not very comfortable switching from an (I) to a (D).

But here in Maryland, and especially Baltimore City, this is the only way I can see to have maximum political impact. Insurgent politics 101. It is important get inside the system to actually affect some change and you simply cannot have as much impact outside looking in.

My reps in this area (Baltimore City) surely only fear a primary loss, as the person running in general election with a (D) after their name is the automatic victor.

I think of Ron Paul (and Rand) Paul's insurgent force in the national Republican party as something of a role model for us locally.

I'll be a "Blue Dog" Democrat to say the least. (But at least we can think of Gov. Bill Richardson, who was strongly pro-2A and on the Presidential stage for the Dems back in 2008. And locally, Sen. Dyson and Sen. Mathias sent me back strong pro-2A comments and backed it up with their votes on 281).

cz27jim

I *am* a curio and relic!
    Sep 27, 2012
    I changed my party affiliation from Republican to Democrat late last week. I am still waiting for confirmation by mail. Come primary time, I plan to vote against any incumbent who voted for O'Malley's anti-gun bill.

Silent Hunter

Feb 22, 2013
    Changed to Demoroncrat also. Worth it for the pay back it will allow. But now I have to hate myself until I can change back!

8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    I did it,

DINO_zpsa044f3fb.png

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Need to get the word out among non-gun owning conservatives as well.

Maryland GOP should get the word out to it's MoCo, HoCo, PG and Bmore members to switch up.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Need to get the word out among non-gun owning conservatives as well.

Maryland GOP should get the word out to it's MoCo, HoCo, PG and Bmore members to switch up.

Seriously.

The GOP should just give it up in in MoCo, PG and Bmore. I don't know how the hell these candidates pony up the money only to get beat down year after year.

BOTTLE.jpg

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    C'mon. I'm just a long lurking newbie, but this thread should be a sticky.
    Been a Republican since Reagan, but my wife and I are both going Dino asap. Tired of our votes not counting in this bs state.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    You know, the more and more I think about it.... i you live in a state that is largely democrat, then the best serious manner to cope with your vote counting is to become a democrat.

Some people indicate that they are going to just be dinos, but why not horrify the democrat establishment by joining them and changing their party for the long haul.

Every gun owner in the country should become a democrat... and then the democratic part will become the republican party lite.

....or, the far left will become marginalized to the point of having to form a new party.

Either way, we win.

Brian Frosh... I hope you are reading this. We're going to crush you.

Free Stater

Semper Paratus
    Mar 12, 2013
    Baltimore City
    I'm feeling better and better about this strategy.

Let every piece of correspondence you send your state reps start with "I'm a registered Democrat in your district and I absolutely will be voting in the next primary."

While you're at it, one strong ending might be, "while the Governor will be gone and out of office in less than 2 years, I and my friends will still be here - and extremely active politically."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom