• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I switched parties last week. I'm in MoCo, no sense in voting for Republican primaries. If it's an important state or national race, I can always switch back.

cantonglocker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 27, 2011
    Pasadena
    This will require (true) non-anti gun candidates to actually vote for.

we primary a couple gun grabbers and a message will sweep through Annapolis. Remember these are the most selfish people in MD, they care about their careers more than anything else. There are only a few true-believers. The rest are just ignorant lemmings.

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    Why does changing party registration matter? I'm a registered Republican but can vote for a Democrat if I wanted to.
    Would changing parties make the legislators I email pay more attention to my letters?
    I live in Cecil County & from what I can tell is most of my county votes Republican... Not that it matters much... Most counties in MD vote Republican except for the "important" ones... Lol

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Why does changing party registration matter? I'm a registered Republican but can vote for a Democrat if I wanted to.
    Would changing parties make the legislators I email pay more attention to my letters?
    I live in Cecil County & from what I can tell is most of my county votes Republican... Not that it matters much... Most counties in MD vote Republican except for the "important" ones... Lol
    A democrat won't lose to a republican in a general election in Maryland, but they can lose to another Democrat in a primary.

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    Okay... I don't know a lot about politics but always vote in November elections.
    Is it really worth changing parties to affect primaries?
    I suppose I would consider doing something like this if would have a real impact but... Would probably need to know when to vote & who to vote against when that time comes...
    Also, like I previously asked, if I were registered as a Democrat, would the Democrats i email pay more attention to my opposition on gun laws?
    Do they look up my party affiliation we email them?
    I ask this because I really can't offer money to pro 2a causes or take off work to go to hearings or rallies so my emails/phone calls/letters are all I can offer now but want them to be as effective as possible

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Okay... I don't know a lot about politics but always vote in November elections.
    Is it really worth changing parties to affect primaries?

Yes. Period. We need to get these damn anti's out and this seems to be the best option right now since most counties will not vote a republic in.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    I changed my registration yesterday.

If you're already registered to vote in MD, you can switch your party affiliation online. It takes no more than 5 minutes and it's one more thing I can list, without being dishonest, when I write and call the representatives. Most reps ask for your name and address and they can check your party affiliation.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I just e-mailed the Senate Judiciary Commitee and my state Senator. It was nice being able to tell them that I'm a cop, and a father and married and Democrat and I don't support them since they all claim that my groups are on their side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom