Are dealers ripping us off on transfer fees?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    can anyone recommend a FFL in the surrounding AA county area for under $75 bucks regulated and non regulated transfers and honoring 8 day release?

henn5849

Aug 29, 2009
    Cecil County, MD
    I just paid $10.00 msp fee, $50.00 for first regulated firearm, and $25.00 for each firearm after. Had 11 firearms transferred from my mom (out of state) to me. $310.00 total. I don't mind the fees, just wish I did it with a dealer who released on time. Sucks leaving them for 3-4 months...

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I just paid $10.00 msp fee, $50.00 for first regulated firearm, and $25.00 for each firearm after. Had 11 firearms transferred from my mom (out of state) to me. $310.00 total. I don't mind the fees, just wish I did it with a dealer who released on time. Sucks leaving them for 3-4 months...

Considering the date today, it will truly suck if the dealer refuses to release them after Oct 1st if you don't have an HQL.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    what are his requirements for on time release...

Its somewhere in his IP section here. But I think its DC, C&R, or recent approval (long gun, shotgun, or regulated - they all count to early release) Worst case, transfer a cheap longarm through him if you plan on doing a bit of regulated business:) I think wideners has $120 mosins;) You could always sell it later.

Mj45

Feb 4, 2013
    nevermind looked it up... over an hour away from me in Odendon. The time and gas alone for TWO trips there would cancel out any good savings vs driving 20 mins to the Dealer Worth a shot and paying $75

Just got back from filling out all the paperwork for a transfer at Worth A Shot and the cost was $75 xfer fee + $10 MSP fee. They are doing 14 day release provided you've bought a gun before in Maryland and have the pink copy from that sale or you can provide a copy of your Designated Collector letter if you have one. It was a quick and easy process with no stress and the shop was ran by all woman who were pleasant to talk to so that was a bonus! In addition they are also a Glock Blue Label dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom