• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    In most cases it doesn’t help that much as most of us find out the day of delivery

Better than nothing I suppose
    It is nice for knowing what to expect in case something important is missing when you go to your mailbox. Or for a heads-up to grab your mail quick so no one gets an important mail piece.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    Sometime in the near future is a person who submits an application that will get approval on the day that the MGA gavels in, or shortly thereafter.

That poor bastard may be screwed because chances are the MGA has a bill burning a hole in their pocket that zaps this whole W&C regime.

And you know that bill will go to the head of the class, especially if Wes Moore is elected governor.
    You better believe it.

EXIT WOUND

Sep 22, 2011
    Anyone see any 7/24 accepteds around here? I have a weak/bullsh!t theory that the LD was given that Sunday off in preparation for the onslaught that had already begun to arrive. It's the first time (I think) I've seen a skipped accepted date, and I'm not even convinced it has been skipped per se.

I was heartened by the flattening of the spike from yesterday's numbers to those of today. It's the Tuesday rush, so I'm sure tomorrow will be slower and we'll see a resulting rise in the numbers.

That said, I'd be happy to be wrong and get approved on Friday. Or sooner. No rush, just a bitter 28er here. :)
    Funny you say that. I just went to pick up my new gun at the local gun store and an officer told me that Msp licensing was indeed off Sunday and Monday this past labor day weekend. It delayed the pick up of my gun from 7 to 9 days....

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    Funny you say that. I just went to pick up my new gun at the local gun store and an officer told me that Msp licensing was indeed off Sunday and Monday this past labor day weekend. It delayed the pick up of my gun from 7 to 9 days....
    That's odd. I picked up a gun today that I purchased last Friday. No delay at all.

In fact my not disapproved Email came in bright and early at 6 a.m. I actually got a call from a trooper early yesterday morning to clear up some confusion about my middle name. He told me he be finished with it that morning. Though they obviously weren't going to send the email until today.

Longhorse

MSI Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2021
    Sometime in the near future is a person who submits an application that will get approval on the day that the MGA gavels in, or shortly thereafter.

That poor bastard may be screwed because chances are the MGA has a bill burning a hole in their pocket that zaps this whole W&C regime.

And you know that bill will go to the head of the class, especially if Wes Moore is elected governor.

When does the MGA usually start their session?

Edit: I just found it. Second Wednesday in January is what their website says.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

I was talking about Sunday, July 24. Not this past weekend.

When does the MGA usually start their session?

Edit: I just found it. Second Wednesday in January is what their website says.

They start in early/mid January every year. If you are not already a member of Maryland Shall Issue, I very strongly suggest you join. This is going to be the worst session since the abomination that was 2013.

The above advice goes for anyone reading it, naturally. If you want that permit to mean much of anything between January 30 and the time the courts take a few years to few decades to sort out the finer points of carry, MSI is the first/best/last line of defense in the interim.

Join today. It's $20, you cheap bastards.

ThisStateSucks69

Sep 2, 2022
    MSP need an idea to raise money for more printers?? Make next day shipping an option for an extra $100. I bet 80% of people would do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Interesting - I picked up one today as well. 77R submitted last Friday, Not Disapproved this morning (i.e. the normal wait time). No extra day wait for the holiday for me.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Have you been to the LD? Unless they have remodeled the waiting room is tiny

It’s basically a hall with a window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom