• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheFamosN

Aug 24, 2022
    Harford County, MD
    Well 30 and 31 were both weekend days, and I don’t know that they were working weekend yet at that point, correct me if I’m wrong anybody. So in theory we might skip those days completely.

I could be on to something here, I just looked at the spreadsheet and it would appear that the acceptance dates completely skipped the weekend prior. The question is what weekend did they start working?

Sentinel911

May 8, 2015
    I could be on to something here, I just looked at the spreadsheet and it would appear that the acceptance dates completely skipped the weekend prior. The question is what weekend did they start working?
    I went through and looked too. There's only a couple approvals during the weekends that I found.

BigWilly

oK, nOw WhAt ?
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dundalk
    I hope so.

So many people are new to the game right now. They lack context and a knowledge of the fight for our rights here in what amounts to enemy territory.

Those of us who were around in 2013 remember how bad it was. We're seeing now the extent to which NY, CA, NJ, etc. are obfuscating presently. We have been lucky that our legislative body is out of session, this is an election year, and we have a term limited governor who seeks higher office and doesn't want appear like the RINO that he is on the issue.

Folks, it's going to get hairy in January and stay that way for at least four months. We will be worse off in April than we are today. You better get your minds right. Further, you better be ready to open your wallet and give your time and effort to defend what we have.

How bad will it be? Bad.

I promise you, the shit show is coming. Join MSI.
    Like what bad are you thinking? Likely wise.... are they gonna restrict places to the point it's useless or what?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Sentinel911

May 8, 2015
    I’ve been wearing an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5 for my Walther PPS M2 outside of Maryland since 2018.

I called Alien Gear today and got two Cloak Slide OWB’s today for my Walther and my Hellcat Pro, with an extra shell for the Pro for my 3.5 Cloak Tuck.

Really want a nice Desantis for the PRO, but they’re not making them yet.
    I waited forever for my Alien Gears it seemed like. I ordered the package deal they had. I had to start wearing it around the house to figure out if I liked them or not before the 30 day return policy was up. I still want a custom owb kydex of some sort. I think Insane Holsters gives a discount for those in the hellcat Facebook groups.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Like what bad are you thinking? Likely wise.... are they gonna restrict places to the point it's useless or what?
    That would be right up their alley, yes. They'll probably be treated to the spectacle of NY's attempt at doing so being smacked down in court, now that it's going into effect. In the Bruen decision, Justice Thomas definitely anticipate such nonsense, and provided plenty of ammo to shoot down such an infringement. But that doesn't mean they won't try and temporarily succeed as it drags through court. Depending on how things play out in NY, an early injunction against such a stunt in Maryland may be doable. All of this is exactly why you should NOT buy that pizza for dinner next week, and put that $20 in MSI's litigation bucket instead. Less fattening, and better for liberty!

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    I was talking about Sunday, July 24. Not this past weekend.

They start in early/mid January every year. If you are not already a member of Maryland Shall Issue, I very strongly suggest you join. This is going to be the worst session since the abomination that was 2013.

The above advice goes for anyone reading it, naturally. If you want that permit to mean much of anything between January 30 and the time the courts take a few years to few decades to sort out the finer points of carry, MSI is the first/best/last line of defense in the interim.

Join today. It's $20, you cheap bastards.

Good idea, I joined as "Executive"
    It is a MUST to support the ones supporting us and our rights to 2A

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    But why…why delay it. If it’s approved and printed (that’s a big if), then give it to USPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I doubt they are delaying the mailing of the cards. They probably just have a procedure to keep everything straight and work through it systematically. Fill one box at a time and when the mailman comes he takes the full boxes. They probably want to get those cards out of there as bad as we want them out.

ThisStateSucks69

Sep 2, 2022
    I doubt they are delaying the mailing of the cards. They probably just have a procedure to keep everything straight and work through it systematically. Fill one box at a time and when the mailman comes he takes the full boxes. They probably want to get those cards out of there as bad as we want them out.

Yeah I am going to retract my statement. It looks like they’re actually getting them out pretty quick for people approved this week.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yeah I am going to retract my statement. It looks like they’re actually getting them out pretty quick for people approved this week.

I was approved Wednesday

Attachments

• 9BDE1104-ED35-459B-BC4D-F0A76E17D9A3.jpeg
      9BDE1104-ED35-459B-BC4D-F0A76E17D9A3.jpeg
      48.7 KB · Views: 77

ThisStateSucks69

Sep 2, 2022
    I was approved Wednesday

That is great news. If you had to guess, 9/8 approval date maybe comes in Monday right? If not, Tuesday? Only reason I’m concerned is because I am leaving on vacation next week. Just want that sucker in my hand

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    I just made a list of 11 things I thought the MGA *could* do, then deleted them. F them if I'm going to give them ideas. Just look at the skullduggery in NY. MD could do the same, or more. Now, everything NY is doing will be easily defeat-able in court, but it will likely be implemented here first, then have to be fought in court.

The worst goddamned part is either a) the MGA knows it's all for nought but they want that boot on our necks for every possible second they can or b) they really believe that they have the moral high ground to "do the right thing" and only the "evil, partisan MAGA court system" is preventing them from making us all safe and happy - for our own good whether we want it or not.

Frankly, I think training requirements should be the next challenge. I fail to see how it's Consitutional, in any manner, to require me to pay a 3rd party for-profit entity, before I can exercise a Constitutional Right. Then fingerprinting, because I don't need to be fingerprinted like a common felon before I enjoy any other Constitutional Right, now do I? Hell, fingerprinting wasn't even invented in the founding era - super easy win. Then the silly interviews. Then the requirement to sign away your rights to privacy at the end of the permit paperwork - one could argue that was done under duress, because the Gov't gatekeeper demands you do it or else you can't have a permit to exercise a Right that requires no such thing to begin with. Virtually the whole goddamned MD permit process is Unconstitutional from start to finish. Pick a place, pick a plaintiff and let's get Big Daddy Thomas and his leetle fren Bruen into the ring for a cage match with the whole goddamned MGA.

Sig5335

Aug 14, 2022
    Baltimore County
    I just made a list of 11 things I thought the MGA *could* do, then deleted them. F them if I'm going to give them ideas. Just look at the skullduggery in NY. MD could do the same, or more. Now, everything NY is doing will be easily defeat-able in court, but it will likely be implemented here first, then have to be fought in court.

The worst goddamned part is either a) the MGA knows it's all for nought but they want that boot on our necks for every possible second they can or b) they really believe that they have the moral high ground to "do the right thing" and only the "evil, partisan MAGA court system" is preventing them from making us all safe and happy - for our own good whether we want it or not.

Frankly, I think training requirements should be the next challenge. I fail to see how it's Consitutional, in any manner, to require me to pay a 3rd party for-profit entity, before I can exercise a Constitutional Right. Then fingerprinting, because I don't need to be fingerprinted like a common felon before I enjoy any other Constitutional Right, now do I? Hell, fingerprinting wasn't even invented in the founding era - super easy win. Then the silly interviews. Then the requirement to sign away your rights to privacy at the end of the permit paperwork - one could argue that was done under duress, because the Gov't gatekeeper demands you do it or else you can't have a permit to exercise a Right that requires no such thing to begin with. Virtually the whole goddamned MD permit process is Unconstitutional from start to finish. Pick a place, pick a plaintiff and let's get Big Daddy Thomas and his leetle fren Bruen into the ring for a cage match with the whole goddamned MGA.

Well said

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom