• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Good times. We had about 60 Jeeps in our group and split into smaller groups. Here's mine.
    e7a9uvab.jpg

7ajajupe.jpg

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Quick question for you Jeep guys out there. I am looking at getting a jeep if/when I sell my Corvette. Now, I am only looking to spend $6K-$9k. what should I look for in a used Jeep. Where are the problem areas or years/models to stay away from?

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Quick question for you Jeep guys out there. I am looking at getting a jeep if/when I sell my Corvette. Now, I am only looking to spend $6K-$9k. what should I look for in a used Jeep. Where are the problem areas or years/models to stay away from?

In that range you should be able to pick up a pre 05 TJ at least. I'd stay far away from the 4 cylinder and go with the 4.0 inline six.
    Dana 44 in the rear is good to have too.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Not sure of the price, year or specs, but there is one located here:
    39.70467, -77.48747

I will try to stop by there tomorrow for info.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Any of you guys going to Rausch Creek this weekend with Element Offroad? I joined them on FB and I'm gonna check it out. Leaving early from Baltimore if anyone is interested let me know and Ill add you and give the details.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Thread bump

Just got my first jeep last week! 2015 wrangler sport!! Got a question about them, I want to put a lift and bigger tires on it but will that void my warranty in anyway? I email jeep asking them but they gave a B.S. answer of look in your owners manual.

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    Just got my first jeep last week! 2015 wrangler sport!! Got a question about them, I want to put a lift and bigger tires on it but will that void my warranty in anyway? I email jeep asking them but they gave a B.S. answer of look in your owners manual.

Talk to the Jeep dealership, I've seen a few that offer lift kits with lifetime warranty, key is having them do it.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    My 96 Cherokee is the best vehicle I've ever owned, though the old 64 Chevy panel I had back in the late 70's comes close.

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    Mine would of been nice except Jeep decided to change the casting on the head in mid 1999 and the majority of them crack with no fault to the owner. So a heads up if your looking at mid 99's ALL 2000's and maybe 2001's research head cracks.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Mine would of been nice except Jeep decided to change the casting on the head in mid 1999 and the majority of them crack with no fault to the owner. So a heads up if your looking at mid 99's ALL 2000's and maybe 2001's research head cracks.

I just had my cylinder head (0331 casting) replaced on my '01 at 94k miles.
    I bought thr head from quadratec and had a local mechanic install it for $1000.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I just bought a 90 off of a guy at work for $500 . He put a battery in it backwards and tried starting it , It fried a few things lol . It has been sitting for 2-3 years , It will be a project for my son and i this spring/summer to get running , he can have it when he turns 16 in to years as long as he doesn't turn stupid between now and then .

That said it has square headlights so we can't be friends and wave :rolleyes:

Attachments

• jeep.jpg
      jeep.jpg
      125.2 KB · Views: 220

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    I just bought a 90 off of a guy at work for $500 . He put a battery in it backwards and tried starting it , It fried a few things lol . It has been sitting for 2-3 years , It will be a project for my son and i this spring/summer to get running , he can have it when he turns 16 in to years as long as he doesn't turn stupid between now and then .

What an awesome deal !!!

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    What an awesome deal !!!

It's in great shape , frame looks good , the tires are new no rot , only rust on the body the that little spot under the drivers door which is an easy fix . It needs a top and I want to put full doors on it . I probably pull the back seat and bolt a tool box it .

I'll get it running with my son so he can learn how to fix his own shit and then I'll bounce it off a few trees for a couple years until he gets his license. He wants me to black it all out with black primer . I have a Warn 9000lbs winch just sitting so it may go on it .

I don't know , it's a project and ultimately I'll leave it up to him what to do with it as long as I can get it up and running for under $1000 which should be no problem .

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    big island jeep

This is a picture of my 2014 with my wife and her bff jeep on the big island of Hawaii. The black stuff under the wheels is not a road but a lava flow. Followed it all the way to the ocean. Other picture is of the Waipo Valley. Both places take a four wheel drive to get too.

Attachments

• DSC00499.jpg
      DSC00499.jpg
      132.4 KB · Views: 203
    • DSC00493.jpg
      DSC00493.jpg
      80.3 KB · Views: 207
    • DSC00474.jpg
      DSC00474.jpg
      74.7 KB · Views: 206

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Man, you stole that

There is absolutely nothing wrong with square headlights on a Jeep!!!

Attachments

• 20140213_115119.jpg
      20140213_115119.jpg
      94 KB · Views: 165

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    One of my favorite places to park my Cherokee.

Attachments

• AGC 20120209b.jpg
      AGC 20120209b.jpg
      113.8 KB · Views: 160

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads