• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yinzer

Oct 2, 2022
    Aberdeen
    Hi folks, new to the area and boy was I surprised to learn some of the gun laws too as other new members have mentioned. If I'd have known I'd be living here and what the laws were- I never would have gotten rid of a couple things in the past!:facepalm:

Ah such is life... well thank you all for having me. Lovely site-fantastic resource for Maryland-specific stuff that's hard to find gathered in one place.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    How ironic! Yes I'm from Washington County, PA actually. 84, PA (84 Lumber is HQ'd there-it is our only claim to fame)
    :thumbsup: There's a fair number of WPA transplants on the forum. I'm from Johnstown originally and lived in the 'burgh for a number of years.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Hi folks, new to the area and boy was I surprised to learn some of the gun laws too as other new members have mentioned. If I'd have known I'd be living here and what the laws were- I never would have gotten rid of a couple things in the past!:facepalm:

Ah such is life... well thank you all for having me. Lovely site-fantastic resource for Maryland-specific stuff that's hard to find gathered in one place.
    Welcome

Yinzer

Oct 2, 2022
    Aberdeen
    :thumbsup: There's a fair number of WPA transplants on the forum. I'm from Johnstown originally and lived in the 'burgh for a number of years.
    Get outta town! We went to Seven Springs all the time growing up. We also went to the flood museum up 'her in middle school. It's beautiful. I really miss the countryside, anywhere really. Aberdeen is...we gotta get outta here :-)

Yinzer

Oct 2, 2022
    Aberdeen
    Yinzer, My dad's kin(zer) from Washington via Nemacolin in the way back early 1900's days.
    We drive past there every other weekend when we drive home. There's a butcher now on 40 just past Nemacolin that's awesome. We actually stopped at Nemacolin to show my in-laws snow a few years ago, since it hadn't really snowed that year in Aberdeen. ;)

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    For all yins from Western PA.

My grandpa who sadly was the prime example of how to jack up generation after generation in our family, he was a dirt poor coal miner in Nemacolin. My dad has been adversely affected by this and his rough upbringing all his life.
    I thank God every day that I escaped any mental illness or chemical dependency.

BIGMOZEKE

Dec 15, 2022
    Rising Sun, Maryland
    Welcome Yinzer, I am new here as well and spend quite a bit of time learning the lay of the land. Not much you’ll have to go looking for elsewhere, this site is loaded with good info and many members willing to help with advice or guidance where needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom