• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W.Coyote

MDS Supporter
    May 30, 2013
    Kingsville (Hazzard County)
    Hi folks, new to the area and boy was I surprised to learn some of the gun laws too as other new members have mentioned. If I'd have known I'd be living here and what the laws were- I never would have gotten rid of a couple things in the past!:facepalm:

Ah such is life... well thank you all for having me. Lovely site-fantastic resource for Maryland-specific stuff that's hard to find gathered in one place.
    Welcome! So what brings you to Aberdeen?

Yinzer

Oct 2, 2022
    Aberdeen
    ndpa who sadly was the prime example of how to jack up generation after generation in our family, he was a dirt poor coal miner in Nemacolin. My dad has been adversely affected by this and his rough upbringing all his life.
    I thank God every day that I escaped any me
    Oh wow, I'm sorry and very much happy you broke the cycle. The cycle has so much damn momentum usually...
    We still burn coal. The coal mine, with an entrance a mile from our plave, caught fire in the early 90's. I'm not sure how long it burned, they just plugged it and let it burn out. There's also a lot of mine subsidence from whoever had the bright idea to mine the pillars out...

Yinzer

Oct 2, 2022
    Aberdeen
    I did my share of breaking things and blowing stuff up at APG for almost 47 years. Seemed every day was something different! Just retired in September.
    You lucky lucky lucky sob. We have an 80 year old that tells us stories of thee old days. Days when the Ordinance school was there, desert storm, Abrams was new, a draft army was there... Us new guys toooottally missed the wild times.

I was here for the chick that swam ashore on the island because she fell off her pontoon boat on Independence Day and was picked up by the guy going out to the ranges to shoot next morning. Said she was standing there in a bikini scared to move because of all the warning signs (ya know, danger this, unexploded that...).

Best old story was the Swedish ambassador was vising. His son took the opportunity to do a kayaking competition along the Bay and asked the army if he could come ashore at such and such a time and place. Well, time comes and goes and the he doesn't show. He comes ashore sometime in the middle of the night and a patrol finds him. They immediatly start questioning him of course and, since he doesn't speak english- the soldiers thought he was a RUSSIAN! So threw him in the brig...until eventually the garrison commander comes around, hat in hand, to apologize and let him out. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom