• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    We call it a carbine match because that is what most competitors use. There are no restrictions on rifles, you'll see a lot of AR15's, some M1a's, and maybe even a Garand. Any safe rifle that you can reload quickly and carry approximately 150+\- rounds of ammo for would work.

Steve B.

rockstarartist

I shoot like an android
    May 3, 2009
    Baltimore City
    So....

I only have bench-rest shooting experience with my rifle. I have never been running around with it... should I try this out? I havent taken any carbine courses, but damn, this sounds crazy fun.

Should I sit this out until I take a carbine course that actually has me strolling about and kicking dirt with my shoes while I hold a bang stick?

steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    Rock star, I would recommend taking a training class or trying a more conventional multi gun match. Either will give you some experience with shooting and reloading on the move during shorter and closely supervised conditions. The Mayberry match is a good challenge for those experienced with shooting and moving and they will shoot over 100 rounds without a stop in the action.

Steve B.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Rock star, I would recommend taking a training class or trying a more conventional multi gun match. Either will give you some experience with shooting and reloading on the move during shorter and closely supervised conditions. The Mayberry match is a good challenge for those experienced with shooting and moving and they will shoot over 100 rounds without a stop in the action.

Steve B.

That being said, may I suggest York IWLA as a starting point (15 min north of the Pa line off of 83)? We teach the ways of multigun in a no pressure venue called a FunShoot, and turn up the heat with our action multigun shoots for experienced competitors. We are very new shooter friendly.
    We are currently asleep for the winter. We have a few fun things to do in Jan and Feb to get you warmed up, and go full throttle come March.

Watch our blog www.yorkpistol.blogspot.com for updates Come on down (up) and you will be assimilated. We will have you ready for Mayberry by next year (this will be my second year, it is a blast! But run and gun does take a bit of a different discipline to get used to).

Cheers

Gary

Last edited:

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    anyone have a lead on what type of M80/7.62 I can find that is not a bi-metal core bullet? I don't want to destroy his steel, and from I am reading, M80 spec is actually bi-metal..

Attachments

• image-2026856566.jpg
      image-2026856566.jpg
      56.8 KB · Views: 209

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I have a lot of different brands of 145-150g 7.62x51 I could check a few to see which are and which aren't the ones with base type steel penetrators.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Sounds like you're scurred :innocent0

Wow Brennan you've been silent on here for a while and then you throw this out. I might just have to take some annual leave (if I can get it) and come shoot this. If Steve makes this even for Lefty shooters there should be some differences in the times this year :innocent0

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Wow Brennan you've been silent on here for a while and then you throw this out. I might just have to take some annual leave (if I can get it) and come shoot this. If Steve makes this even for Lefty shooters there should be some differences in the times this year :innocent0

I gotta poke the bear :thumbsup: (Teddy bear that is LOL)

I haven't mailed in my damn entry yet... Everytime I think about getting to it, I get distracted LOL... Actually mailing in an entry is almost like work... I much prefer email LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom