• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    If you'd pulled that crap in my business, you'd have found you ass on the curb with instructions to never darken my door again.:sad20:

Just noticed he's banned:banghead:

Also, I've bought a couple of guns from Mark and referred several friends, always a pleasure to deal with.:thumbsup:

I think he will be back in 7 days and I'm guessing he'll check this thread first.

MarkinMD

MDS Supporter
    Dec 10, 2011
    Nut Bush City Limits
    I've had 6 great transactions with Mark and Tom last year. When I make a purchase I don't look for better deals because if you do you will find them sooner or later. When you make a deal be happy with it and save up for the next deal. 2A is a great shop with good people I trust.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I should also note that 2A Sales beat the big box stores on price on the Ruger pistol I bought from them last summer.

I was actually willing to pay a tad more than the big boxers just to buy it from them (or any of the IP's). :innocent0

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    I think he will be back in 7 days and I'm guessing he'll check this thread first.

This is going to significantly impact his race to 1000 post.:innocent0 The influx of FNGs lately is great and all but man some of them are posting the weirdest stuff i have ever seen on here.

I consider myself a NEWB still but these guys really hit the ground running (and screaming)! Maybe someone should setup a thread on the "unofficial rules" for being a NEWB.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Let me start by thanking everyone for all the support of our shop. It is very much appreciated.

That having been said, amoebicmagician I would like to address several discrepancies with your account of the events:

First - The price for all firearms is clearly marked on the tag attached to the weapon, enough said.

Second - On your first visit, after stating that you had no plans to purchase anything, you asked to see a high-end rifle off the wall. I replied to you that maybe you could handle that weapon at Wal-Mart as, according to you, they have the best prices. These weapons are for sale, and condition is a large factor.

Third - During your second visit to the shop to pick up your "friend’s" weapon, the two of you spent every bit of 45 minutes in the store window shopping. Not exactly the quick in-and-out that you alluded to.

Fourth - You and your friend returned to the shop One or Two days later with the rear sight issue, not the 5 or 10 minutes as stated in your post. Upon entering the store, you began to yell at the first employee you encountered demanding that the store exchange your friend's gun for a new pistol. We tried to explain to you why that was not possible, and further referred you to the posted store policy that all new weapons are sold with the manufactures warranty. We even offered to ship the gun to Rugar for your friend. You refused our offer and instead went on a tirade about reporting us to the BBB and posting bad reviews about the shop on the internet. In order to diffuse the situation, we went above and beyond our normal store policy and replaced the rear sight for you, even though that meant the shop would have to sit on weapon we removed the sight from until the replacement part arrived from the manufacturer.

In conclusion - We went above and beyond to fix the situation for a customer who clearly would be dissatisfied with any outcome. As you stated above you have made up your mind about our store and we wish you luck with future dealings.
    -Tom

:thumbsup: Nicely done Tom. :clap:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    This is going to significantly impact his race to 1000 post.:innocent0 The influx of FNGs lately is great and all but man some of them are posting the weirdest stuff i have ever seen on here.

I consider myself a NEWB still but these guys really hit the ground running (and screaming)! Maybe someone should setup a thread on the "unofficial rules" for being a NEWB.

Do you really think they will pay attention to the rules, much less read them? I find it very doubtful that they will. I do applaud your thinking outside the box though. Also, hi there :wave: from another noob!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Great thing about MDS is the same rules apply to everyone. Like Norton says

BE NICE OR LEAVE

If noobs don't bother to read or abide by the rules-well you see what can happen

Seems simple enough to me.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    Another ringing endorsement for 2A. I've never had a problem and always receive GREAT service and pricing.

Maybe one of these days I'll get a doughnut. :rant2:

:D

warmington

Jan 18, 2013
    Same here, bought my first gun at 2A and I have been a happy camper ever since. I still do drop in from time to time for various reasons and I have never had a bad experience.

Eddie Van

Dude
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hollywood Star Lanes
    Just to sort of pile on, the use of "anecdote" repeatedly to tell his pitiful story was starting to get to me, so...

an·ec·dote
    /ˈanikˌdōt/
    Noun
    1) A short and amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person.
    2) An account regarded as unreliable or hearsay.

Synonyms: story - joke

SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan
    Another big +1 for Mark & Tom! 2A has helped me with several transactions - they are ALWAYS professional, decent, and great to deal with! Mark has gone the extra mile for me on an item I placed there in consignment - without me even asking, and was able to get more for the item than I expected. I am always glad to refer business there.

2A rocks! :party29:

empire550

Spoons made me fat
    Nov 1, 2011
    maybe the price from their distributor was the reason it cost more.
    im most certain it was.
    by the way i have a poopy job also.
    give them another chance,they wont dissapoint.

Didn't know you were a plumber?

BTW I love 2A. They helped me with my first regulated purchase.

ravens52

Mar 8, 2011
    Millersville, MD
    I purchased several firearms from 2A over the past year or so and have had nothing but positive experiences. I travel each week by air and there is always that "one" guy complaining and screaming at the gate agents when flights are cancelled due to weather..... “I’m so & so and have to be at a certain place by a specific time”. It’s like the other 500 or so passengers stranded don’t have somewhere to be………..only him. “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain – and most fools do.”

VTHokie7

Feb 10, 2010
    Katy, TX
    Considering how many have already offered up their great experiences, this isn't really necessary. But great customer service should be rewarded and another very positive review certainly can't hurt.

It has been a while since I've been to 2A, but bought a 522 from them when they first came out. And I had a great experience at their shop. I was completely new to that style of rifle, so they went through how to tear it down and clean it. And were happy to answer any and all questions I had.

I don't buy as many new toys as some, but whenever i'm ready for the next purchase I will absolutely go back to 2A. :thumbsup:

Broder

Jan 13, 2013
    I'll say this. The discount websites are putting local stores out of business.

I have to disagree with that statement. The big online stores are driving business to the local shops. Not only do the local shops get significant revenue from the transfer fees but they also get a steady stream of gun owners walking into their stores to pickup their guns. While in the store those gun owners get introduced to the store's products and services, they buy accessories, ammo, guns, etc.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Interesting. I've never heard so much fuss over something so minor. Luckily for the member who resurrected this thread, Mark and Tom are calm, cool and restrained. I can think of two other shops where this behavior would not have ended well.

Additionally, 2A and Shooter's, are the only two shops I feel comfortable leaving anything on consignment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom