• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrl11

Jan 17, 2013
    Tom (and a couple of his customers/friends hanging out in the store) at 2A were very helpful to me when I went in to buy a 1911. Now the waiting for weeks for ¨not disapproved!¨ As I tell my son regularly, if you dont have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself. Walking into any small business and telling them the big box has better prices/selection will set off any small biz owner and send the relationship downhill quick.

Dlongjr

Oct 21, 2011
    Ellicott City
    Mark knows the site is down. I emailed him a day or so ago. I was also in there today and they had restocked a number of long guns. I am still amazed that HBAR Colt is still there. Also they had a really nice Sig 716 Tom kept trying to get me to buy.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    2A was able to get me a product that they could have shafted me on like 99% of people are online but didn't and sold it to me for an excellent price that was lower than the pre-madness pricing. No hidden costs, honest and upfront, smooth transaction from competent staff. Other than not having a lot of success contacting them online, my experience with them has been exceptional.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I walked in there last week to pick up a few magazines and I left with a rifle. I asked a simple question about a rifle on the wall and they asked me if I wanted to hold it. Next thing I know they made me take out my drivers license and credit card. I'll never go back there...unless I need some more magazines :innocent0

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    2A was able to get me a product that they could have shafted me on like 99% of people are online but didn't and sold it to me for an excellent price that was lower than the pre-madness pricing. No hidden costs, honest and upfront, smooth transaction from competent staff. Other than not having a lot of success contacting them online, my experience with them has been exceptional.

Wait, I thought this was the bitch, moan and complain section, no?:lol::innocent0

Mark and Tom have always taken great care of me. The haters can wait in line at Bass Pro.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    My first experience wasn't so good. Chalked it up to them being busy with their move. I gave them another shot a few weeks ago and they were top-notch.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    The three times I bought things there, all went well.

I can't say the same for every dealer I have worked with.

Just be careful. I think they mist gun oil into the air to trick you into buying. It's kind of like going into a Cinnabon for guys.

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    What's up guys .. I have been in the market for a new AK 47 and just wanted to share my experience with everyone and write a quick review about 2 A Sales in jessup. It's my first gun purchase so I didn't really know what to expect, except what I have read on these forums. I called a couple local stores to ask about the prices of some AK 47s and they had a few of them for around 8-9 hundred dollars ( Hungarian and vector models). I thought I could get a better deal online so I decided to buy a Polish milled 1960. I know a lot of people are against Century .. but all the reviews I have seen on this gun are good minus the non Chrome barrel. I called 2 A Sales to find out about the mdshooters discount for transferring guns at their store and the guy didn't believe I was a member and told me to message him from the site before he would believe me. Then I asked if he would transfer the gun for me and he said no because he can get that gun himself. I thought cool.. I don't have to worry about shipping and transfer fees. When I asked how much would it cost me he said well over 7 hundred ...wow.. the gun is only 580 online plus 40 to transfer and 20 to ship it makes it 640. Then he asked what site I was buying from and said that he doesn't do business with any discount gun website. Ok.... I then called the website and they gave me a whole list of shops in my area that have no problem doing business with them.... huh... It was a little disappointing to know that I guy who claims to want to help members of md shooters with a discount would try to get over on them so much. Oh well .. I'm new to the whole process so I guess I have to live and learn.

2A has a lot of defenders here. My word of advice- quietly take your business to another FFL.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Wait, I thought this was the bitch, moan and complain section, no?:lol::innocent0

Mark and Tom have always taken great care of me. The haters can wait in line at Bass Pro.

People have that choice. If someone is unhappy with service somewhere, they aren't required to go back. Personally I'd recommend 2A and if one had a bad experience I'd advise them to go back and perhaps talk to the owner who seems to be a first class individual from my interaction with him. As I stated, he sold me a gun for a price in which online sellers are charging over $500 more online and people were buying them left and right. To me that screams integrity. They've earned my business and public recommendation.

To my understanding, they've had some technology for their communication go down so between that and a gazillion customers, I'm not to worried if I can get ahold of them online given when I go in the shop I know it will be a good experience. Now the whole them having the store in the back is another thing...I was about to strangle the Waze lady as I kept driving by the shop but couldn't find it!

As of right now, anyone going to any gun store has to realize how busy people are and, because of that, there will be longer waits, longer turnover times, and longer delays. The demand for product is unprecedented and I imagine the stress placed on workers in the industry is equally substantial.

I HAVE! I would never do business with them again.

By all means you have every right in the world to post a review and not go back somewhere if you aren't happy with service. Furthermore, you have the right to post a review and not be trampled. With that said, others have the right to chime in if their experience is different from yours. Im sorry you had a bad experience...such events can be very frustrating. However, my dealings with them have been nothing but positive.

ESS

Jul 14, 2010
    Carroll Co.
    2A is outstanding in every conceivable way. Mark should have is own reality show based on life at the shop.

jb1677

Jan 21, 2013
    I have been in a few times since I found them a few weeks back. Each time there has been one g working who always answers questions, provides options and keeps a good banter going with everyone in the place. They also offered coffee and doughnuts on one morning, what else can you ask for?

BBQ1

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 1, 2013
    Glendale
    I had a good experience there overall.
    Thought it was odd they would only accept cash , no credit cards.

Great place

I stopped in there last night with a friend from work just to "look". They are a first class operation, knowledgeable and personable. There was a good selection, by today's pre-apocalyptic standards, of long guns and pistols on display. They even had a M&P15-22 on the wall which found its way into my possession. Service, knowledge, inventory and personality...I'll be back!:thumbsup:

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I had a good experience there overall.
    Thought it was odd they would only accept cash , no credit cards.

I've used CC for 2 guns and ammo there, never an issue. They don't take AmEx, but a lot of retailers don't like AmEx's terms, but that is a far cry from saying they don't accept credit cards.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I stopped in there last night with a friend from work just to "look". They are a first class operation, knowledgeable and personable. There was a good selection, by today's pre-apocalyptic standards, of long guns and pistols on display. They even had a M&P15-22 on the wall which found its way into my possession. Service, knowledge, inventory and personality...I'll be back!:thumbsup:

Amazing how that works there. You go in to look and something finds its way into your trunk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom