Jul 7, 2016
    Baltimore County, MD
    992ecj.jpg
    That's what I'm talking about!

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Id like too. Need to dig through the thread see what they had. Im hunting 1911 parts and some powder for 300 blk

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I saw that and went in to preview the items. There were some interesting items there but, look them over good. A couple of the handguns were in really good condition. Most of the long guns were not so great and had rust or were modified to the extent that their value should be significantly diminished.
    The first thing that caught my eye though was a plastic 1911 toy, an old Johnny Eagle lieutenant. I remember those from way back when I was a kid.
    There was a box behind the long guns that had 2 parts guns and on closer inspection, they were nickel plated old Remington Army civil war type. One was percussion and the other was an early rimfire cartridge version. Both were incomplete and had missing many parts, but were cool reminders of firearms history.
    Still have to do some research on a couple other items. It will definitely be worth attending.

Beware of the Leupold scope at the auction, from my research, it appears to be one of the Chinese copies.
    Oh, and South Mountain had M4 stripped upper receivers for $55 ( if I remember correctly) in addition to the $60 lowers.

Thanks for the tips and advice. I probably would not have known the Leupold was a fake. The auction staff guy that was in there handed that 1911 toy to my son and said "here, hold my gun". My 12 year old; his eyes got as big as saucers.

Did anyone have nice HD shorties for a reasonable price? Thinking about a Rennie 870 or Missie ...

There are several there, but none that I thought were reasonable. Fox had a few but there is no way I am buying from him even if they were reasonably priced. I saw probably 12 Mossy's and 6 Remmy's with short barrels. Don't think I saw one under $450.

I told him he is missed on the Board.

But he is still pretty disgusted with what he considers too much stoopidness involving politics.

You know, for the brief moment we spoke, I forgot he left us here. I really hope he comes back again.

anyone showing up tomorrow?

I will be there again. I sure hope beach traffic doesn't suck.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I will be at the MSI booth again, in the Am. For those that come to the show, stop by the table and join if you aren't already a member, or at least kick in a couple bucks to the HQL lawsuit.

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dang I missed the CCI!

I did get my lower (or a week from Wednesday I will). So I am happy. Not as happy about the price. I talked to pretty much everyone and I only ran across 4 guys selling rifle AR lower (engage had 9mm lowers) and Fox was the cheapest at $115 for Spike lowers.

:-(

But I had the spare cash, even if only barely.

I really wish I'd gotten in to shooting 5 years ago.

Now that I have a stripped billet lower, or shortly will, I'll check out an 80%, or two (more in case I butcher the finishing on the first one), poly lowers online. That can wait though. No hurries and no worries.

I also heard one dealer (not naming names) who sold a rifle with clips telling the guy that the clips had to be pinned to 10rnds, but he could just remove the pins when he got home. That last part doesn't sound correct/legal, or am I missing something? Un-pinning would be "manufacturing" a magazine >10rnds wouldn't it?

I think I know where that spare cash came from and in what denominations it was in:D

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    ....I also heard one dealer (not naming names) who sold a rifle with clips telling the guy that the clips had to be pinned to 10rnds, but he could just remove the pins when he got home. That last part doesn't sound correct/legal, or am I missing something? Un-pinning would be "manufacturing" a magazine >10rnds wouldn't it?

Just a little nudge here to remind you that we are talking magazines, not clips.

Several years ago I was at the Timoniun show when a vendor with pinned magazines was arrested by undercover officers after the vendor whispered to the officers--posing as customers--how to knock the pins out of the mags when they got home.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Did anyone stop by the Jamaican festival?

Yeah, one of my help was trying to offload one of his kids, already fatted up and an apple to stick in his mouth for the pig roaster an' those Jamaicans said they couldn't do it due to the thunderstorm coming in, some sorta' religious thing I guess, so we jus' left him at a restaurant asleep at the table to do the dishes when he wakes up.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    If any of you get there tomorrow there is an auction at an adjacent building and there are MANY guns for sale along with cars. The guy was quite the collector.

I saw that and went in to preview the items. There were some interesting items there but, look them over good. A couple of the handguns were in really good condition. Most of the long guns were not so great and had rust or were modified to the extent that their value should be significantly diminished.
    The first thing that caught my eye though was a plastic 1911 toy, an old Johnny Eagle lieutenant. I remember those from way back when I was a kid.
    There was a box behind the long guns that had 2 parts guns and on closer inspection, they were nickel plated old Remington Army civil war type. One was percussion and the other was an early rimfire cartridge version. Both were incomplete and had missing many parts, but were cool reminders of firearms history.
    Still have to do some research on a couple other items. It will definitely be worth attending.

Beware of the Leupold scope at the auction, from my research, it appears to be one of the Chinese copies.
    Oh, and South Mountain had M4 stripped upper receivers for $55 ( if I remember correctly) in addition to the $60 lowers.

Here is the auction site and list of guns. The auction starts at noon. I'm guessing the "Chinese Rifle w/ bayonet" is an SKS.

http://www.gregorysauctions.com/auction.asp?id=495

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Just a little nudge here to remind you that we are talking magazines, not clips.

Several years ago I was at the Timoniun show when a vendor with pinned magazines was arrested by undercover officers after the vendor whispered to the officers--posing as customers--how to knock the pins out of the mags when they got home.

That I believe falls under the category of being a fvcking idiot, in some cases punishable by law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom