• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    :-)

Actually my wife stole some of it so I had to get $40 from the ATM, which I am glad I did! I think I had $4 left after admission and the cost of that lower.

What blows my mind is I missed south mountain, unfortunately, but their Anderson were $60, Fox was the next cheapest with $115 Spike's lowers and then basically everyone else seemed to be $140+ for lowers. Maybe they were higher quality or made with the tears of democrats or something, but just seems really expensive to me for a relatively small piece of aluminum that isn't exactly terribly intricate. I guess the law of supply and gouge.

You missed the Andersons Blue Fins had for $99 and $110 with integral trigger gaurd?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I think I'll pick up a Crusader lower at lunch on Monday from the FFL near my office. Prolly a good idea to get one per month until we're sure Trump has the presidency locked up.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I left without one (at that price I should have just gotten one).
    I have no idea who it was that had them though (if anyone knows, pm me)
    They were 7mm mauser but did seem to be non matching and scrubbed crests.

I would have liked to have gone but my wife had our first son yesterday. Good excuse to bail on a show

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    Was there Sat. nice show. found an old Ivers 12 ga single break-action shotgun for $50. not sure what i'll do with it, but for that price I'll keep it for a winter project. Saw an M1 carbine for $800 when I first walked in at one of the front tables on the left side. came back shortly, gone.

zxcvbnm

Jun 14, 2008
    I was there Saturday. Bought a handful of subsonics from TomKat, some of the TopShot ammo stuff from EMac, and a few other accessories from the people that had the huge block of tables in the far back. Talked to a few people in MDS shirts too!

Glad I went. Probably the best MD gun show I have been to. What did you all think?

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I saw those L-shaped nightsticks.

At $10 I would have bought a stick, but not at $20.

Boom nunchuka chuka boom nunchuka chuka

I might have bit on the HK flare gun at $100 or maybe even $125 but at $190 fageddanoudit

I'm going to find one at a small show for under $100 this year I think.

Damn, just because he was asking too much theres no need to call him a fag donut

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I've never been to a gun show before and ended up not making this one. Hoping to go to Chantilly at the end of the month. I live in Frederick and Silverado will be here in November. How does the Howard County / Frederick show compare to Chantilly? Similar enough to not make the trek down there and just wait a few months?

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I've never been to a gun show before and ended up not making this one. Hoping to go to Chantilly at the end of the month. I live in Frederick and Silverado will be here in November. How does the Howard County / Frederick show compare to Chantilly? Similar enough to not make the trek down there and just wait a few months?

Chantilly is about 5 times bigger and better.
    :thumbsup:

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    Went on Sat with the misses and had a great time. Looked around for a few things, but left with odds and ends. Grabbed a fair Type 99 Nagoya bayonet with scabbard, odds and ends AR parts and the misses spent a bunch of time digging through the vendors with the vintage currency. Left a few things behind that I wanted to get, but just have no safe space for... Shoulda grabbed either the 1891 Argentine that was tucked away or the M38 with the correct stock... All I know is I know the vendors I'm hitting up later this week :D

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You missed the Andersons Blue Fins had for $99 and $110 with integral trigger gaurd?

Damnit!

Oh well. Next time I'll fly solo so I can do a (much) better job really talking to everyone. My son is classically quiet when he doesn't have friends/siblings around and I couldn't figure out if he was still sick, being his quiet self or nervous around all the guns (he's never been to a gun show before and it isn't like he plays with my guns, though he has handled a couple of them, of course with me there). So I tried to hit everyone who seemed likely.

Apparently I did a real half assed job of that

No one to blame but myself.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    As much as I loved the show, I think I'll wait till this winter to go to another one and then take my time. That way I can feel like I can actually buy something that goes bang (out of the box) and if it happens that I collect something else cheap that is a project, like another break action shotgun, maybe a .410 or something, or some old bolt action rifle in need of real refinishing for cheap to go with an SKS I won't feel really, really guilty.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    I sold a gun to Fox and got $100-200 more than the ******** offers 2 other IP's here would give when I went to their shops. Ammo prices were decent, guns not so much IMO. Better than previous HoCo shows I've been to

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012

If you're going with the intent of buying a firearm, go the Frederick Silverado show and buy from a local/Maryland shop. Preferably one that is also an Industry Partner (IP) here on MDS.

If you're going for most anything else, the Nations Gunshow in Chantilly will have everything the Silverado show has, but about 10 times the selection. It's sort of like the difference between doing your grocery shopping at Sheetz vs Wegman's. It's nothing against Silverado, it's the best show going in Maryland - but that's the thing - it's in Maryland, and most traveling vendors won't come to MD shows.

But again, Silverado is THE PLACE to go if you live in Maryland, and want to buy a firearm. Everyone's together & it's easy to compare prices, and get all your paperwork done right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom