Will Maryland Get Away With Banning "Assault Weapons" Within 5 Years?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Within 5 years Maryland will ban "Assault Weapons" ?

• Total voters

Abagnale

Jan 27, 2022
    That's their plan! Will they succeed?
    I've heard from some prominent Dems in the State that they are planning at this point to do "whatever it takes" to get this passed...

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    No one wants to find out what "whatever it takes" really means.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Yes, but it won't survive SCOTUS until the makeup swings left.
    Worst case, that could happen shortly after the 2024 election. If Dems keep the White House, hold the Senate (w/o Manchin and Sinema to block killing the filibuster), and retake the House, there's nothing to stop them from stacking the Supreme Court by adding 4 or more liberals.

And making DC and Puerto Rico states to ensure their future hold on the Senate.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    That's their plan! Will they succeed?
    I've heard from some prominent Dems in the State that they are planning at this point to do "whatever it takes" to get this passed...

To me the answer to this question is all based on SCOTUS. If they can win the election in 2024 and find a way to change the makeup of the SCOTUS, then we are f^$%&%^d.

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    We all know they will do everything they can to do so. If they decide to pass a law like MC county carry law. One or two of the courts up hold it for a short time. Before it gets overturned. We will all be felons in the mean time. Or have to give them up until it is overturn. Don't think they won't try. Maybe our assault weapons ban will get a ruling soon. But who knows. They seem to keep us in limbo for a long time.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Why am I not amazed at the number of people that have absolutely no clue about "Bianchi"

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Why am I not amazed at the number of people that have absolutely no clue about "Bianchi"
    Because 4CA is trying to sweep it under the rug, out of sight, out of mind.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I voted yes. MD is full of psychotic bastards. And that's just in Annapolis when the MGA is in session.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I don't know about MD in 5. I will say that if the next Uvalde or Sandy Hook happens when Dems have the WH, House and Senate, they WILL propose a constitutional amendment to strike the 2A.

Absent outright bans, I expect taxes, training requirements, storage requirements, insurance requirements, prohibition of sale of powder for reloading and a constant barrage of trial balloon legislation.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I don't know about MD in 5. I will say that if the next Uvalde or Sandy Hook happens when Dems have the WH, House and Senate, they WILL propose a constitutional amendment to strike the 2A.

I think that the reptiles in the national party understand that such a move is not only counterproductive to their actual goal, but also a loser politically. There are better ways for them to execute their infringements, and we see them on lower levels that take longer to challenge. A full frontal attack on the 2A is not their MO.

I speculate that such a move would also start to give certain folks an excuse to ratchet up from rhetoric to action. Then again, perhaps this is actually what the reptiles what.

"Do you want a big igloo? Because this is how you get a big igloo."

Absent outright bans, I expect taxes, training requirements, storage requirements, insurance requirements, prohibition of sale of powder for reloading and a constant barrage of trial balloon legislation.

This is their way. They take 100,000 bites at the apple on dozens if not hundreds of different fronts, get what they can, and then only face the prospect of potentially having to give it back years later, if ever.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    <Absent outright bans, I expect taxes, training requirements, storage requirements, insurance requirements, prohibition of sale of powder for reloading and a constant barrage of trial balloon legislation.
    So same as it ever was...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom