Who Wants to Help US Shut Down Annapolis Again?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Has anyone gotten any FFLs to comment on taking possession of someone's complete collection because they are now prohibited? Does the law say the owner has to be compensated for surrendering their collection? Can they assign ownership to someone else? How would this work with a trust?

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I'm in full agreement. It's now time to be aggressive and offensive towards the libtards.

Already I see a few fun pointers to bring out in testimony in this ^^^ quoted post.

The carpool thing I may be interested in.

Shutting down Annapolis will take about a minimum of four thousand people in attendance on our side, maybe more like five thousand.

To all fellow 2A supporters and MDS'ers,

Last week I told dblas that I wouldn't be fighting in the front lines at all this year due to my condition and subsequent slow recovery process of my open heart surgery, but instead, my support will be coming from being in the rear with the gear. I've submitted a proposed Bill and have another in the works but will hold off on both due to the development of the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals. After reading this thread, all of us should be there at least for one of the two days that dblas mentioned, March 9th or March 15th, and both if at all possible.

After further reconsideration, I would like to make my physical presence be known in Annapolis at least on one, if not both of these days. To make this possible I will need the help of a few others. To catch a ride to Annapolis and be dropped off in front of the House/Senate buildings, the loan of a wheelchair for the time frame involved, and a person to help with anything I might havva' problem with such as steps, ramps, etc. I can walk on my own to some degree but mostly with a cane and needless to say, with the time involved in these endeavors, a wheelchair will be most definitely needed. If in the event these conditions should be able to come together, I can be there.

Lou, I can help you with this part. I have access to wheelchairs. I will not be able to make it to Annapolis but would be glad to help you in this way.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    LIVE LINKS to bill information with hearing date/time ...

House Bill 1002 and Senate Bill 906 would ban the possession or carrying of firearms and knives on college campuses. Those with wear and carry permits do not present a threat to public safety, as they are one of the most law abiding segments of the population. Current law already allows each university to set its own policy regarding the carrying or possession of firearms. This legislation is a blanket prohibition that disallows schools from using discretion on their campus.

The University of Maryland CP does not have any firearm regulations besides Maryland State law.

Frostburg State bans students from having firearms on campus unless they leave it at the Police Station. I assume this means that you can live on campus and go hunting without having to go home to get your weapon.

I see no reason for this bill. They are basically infantizing the Universities because they haven't gone wacko enough yet.

Go to UMD and tell me that they aren't a bastillion of liberal ideals. Yet they have the opportunity to ban guns and they have not taken it. Maybe there is a reason.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    The University of Maryland CP does not have any firearm regulations besides Maryland State law.

Frostburg State bans students from having firearms on campus unless they leave it at the Police Station. I assume this means that you can live on campus and go hunting without having to go home to get your weapon.

I see no reason for this bill. They are basically infantizing the Universities because they haven't gone wacko enough yet.

Go to UMD and tell me that they aren't a bastillion of liberal ideals. Yet they have the opportunity to ban guns and they have not taken it. Maybe there is a reason.

UMCP student code of conduct bans weapons, including firearms, at least for students.

http://www.president.umd.edu/policies/docs/V-100B.pdf

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Last I checked Colorado has a private sale ban as well as a magazine ban on anything over 15 rounds. Oh, that applies to possession too if acquired after enactment.

Hard to prove but the law nonetheless. You can count on Colorado and Virginia going the way of Maryland in a decade or two if population migration patterns continue.

Private sales need a $10 transfer fee at any FFL. There's a 15 round limit but all but 2 of the county sheriffs are plaintiffs in the lawsuit fighting it, and you can still buy parts kits almost anywhere in the state and assemble your own standard capacity mags. We're shall issue, open carry, no AWB, gun registration is illegal, loaded handguns in a vehicle are fine without a CCW. Our CCW is one the the most relaxed in the country. We can carry on school grounds, just not in the buildings. We can carry in bars and restaurants that serve alcohol.

Colorado is almost exactly 1/3 D, 1/3 I, 1/3 R. The senate is R and the house is D. We have 1 D senator and 1 R senator in DC. We have 3 D reps and 4 R reps in Congress. The Colorado state senate is 18 R and 17 D, the House is 35 D and 31 R. Colorado is about as balanced as a state can be. I don't see it changing drastically any time soon, and I don't think it will ever be as unbalanced as Maryland.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    UMCP student code of conduct bans weapons, including firearms, at least for students.

http://www.president.umd.edu/policies/docs/V-100B.pdf
    "Unauthorized" use or posession. From a conversation with someone in UMCP that means that if you have a CCP and you would be allowed to bring it on campus via ccp restrictions then that constitutes authorized use.

It is possible that the commander I talked to didn't know if I was a student and addressed the issue as if I was staff or something.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    By the showing of 4,000 and the worst law ever passed in MD taking effect ... proves this an ineffective approach.

The real action is to start picking them off at the ballot box.

Busch is vulnerable.

Great, start working today to remove him.

Now, back on topic, are you coming or not, and if so what date(s)?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It occurs to me that the anti legislators are coming at us from all directions. Would it not be effective for us to do the same to them?

Someone mentioned earlier testifying against their pet bills. I think this is a good idea. I also think we can sink them "back home" - at HOA meetings, BBQs, their fundraisers, etc. Get creative. Stand up in their community in full view of all and sundry and ask them why they oppose Civil Rights. Get a chair and a sign and sit at functions. Get creative. Look at what the #BLM anarchists were able to get done.

It may be a lame concept, but it's much better than folding up and playing dead for the rest of the year IMO.

I'm done. Discuss.

In another thread please, this thread is for the bill hearing dates and coordination of those dates.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The ballot box hasn't been that successful. People have said for years that "Busch is vulnerable," but he keeps getting re-elected both to the MGA (since '87) and as Speaker (since '03), too. It must be a politically attractive vulnerability.

I think his next race is in 2018. He might get too old and retire before voters ever decide to retire him.

His wiki bio mentions crime and safety legislation, but not FSA2013 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_E._Busch

So, back on topic, will you be coming to Annapolis and if so, what date(s)?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I was so looking forward to a year without Annapolis. Oh well. I got a "we miss you" card from the paring lot last year. Guess it's time to revisit.

Looking to get there both days.

Bring a few friends with you, thank you.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I love living in Colorado. I have no desire to ever step foot in Maryland again. I'll fly my family members out here before I fly back to Baltimore. No gun control will get passed in Colorado because the house and senate are split. We have a constitutional carry bill in committee in Colorado, as well as a school carry bill.

The face of the legislature changed due to gerrymandering. You even lost Mike Smiegel and Don Dwyer, two of the biggest 2A proponents in the legislature.

How about we stay on the topic of the thread......So you aren't coming?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Has anyone gotten any FFLs to comment on taking possession of someone's complete collection because they are now prohibited? Does the law say the owner has to be compensated for surrendering their collection? Can they assign ownership to someone else? How would this work with a trust?

Can we have this discussion in a thread for that specific bill please?

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Private sales need a $10 transfer fee at any FFL. There's a 15 round limit but all but 2 of the county sheriffs are plaintiffs in the lawsuit fighting it, and you can still buy parts kits almost anywhere in the state and assemble your own standard capacity mags. We're shall issue, open carry, no AWB, gun registration is illegal, loaded handguns in a vehicle are fine without a CCW. Our CCW is one the the most relaxed in the country. We can carry on school grounds, just not in the buildings. We can carry in bars and restaurants that serve alcohol.

Colorado is almost exactly 1/3 D, 1/3 I, 1/3 R. The senate is R and the house is D. We have 1 D senator and 1 R senator in DC. We have 3 D reps and 4 R reps in Congress. The Colorado state senate is 18 R and 17 D, the House is 35 D and 31 R. Colorado is about as balanced as a state can be. I don't see it changing drastically any time soon, and I don't think it will ever be as unbalanced as Maryland.

Nice dodge. Try to read with a little more attention to detail as to what I wrote. At no point did I say Maryland was better than Colorado in terms of gun laws.

I was also amused by your open admission of flouting the law with "parts kits" and implying that somehow since sheriff's are fighting it that.....well....uh.....it's still the law. *wink*

So the fact that it is a $10 fee makes the ban on private sales more palatable? Or the fact you have to pay the CBI everytime you buy a gun? Or that the CBI has a default denial after three days and places the burden on you to prove you weren't convicted of a crime? Or that Denver has its own assault weapons ban?

Colorado is changing for the worse. Your state politics seesaw. Right now the gun people can't get anything but they can block things. I wish you the best of luck in staving off the hordes of California migrants and the perpetually growing crowd of social justice warrior kids out of your university system.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    How about 3-4 thousand of us facing the Gov's mansion chanting VETO, VETO, VETO, VETO !!! We need a catchy slogan ... Guns Save Lives is okay, but there's got to be something more 'biting' ... How about "Hey Hey, Ho Ho, Busch and Miller Got To Go"

Rah rah rah...no more stupid laws.
    Rah rah run...were the ones with guns...

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    How about we stay on the topic of the thread......So you aren't coming?

I guess you missed this earlier:

Thank you for your input, so does that mean you aren't coming?

Considering the fact that I live in Denver now, no, I will not be in Annapolis for this.

I've been staying on topic and giving you suggestions for fighting these bills. I still have friends and family in Maryland and I am still just as concerned about their safety and well-being as I was when I left. When I mentioned I moved out of state is when others started interjecting with Colorado BS and side railing the thread.

I got the same NRA-ILA email that many of you got - the one that says

Maryland: It's 2013 all over again

So I have to ask - what have your ideas, your strategies, your work done for Maryland these past three years? You are farther back from where you started from and are about to get moved even farther back. But by all means, keep up with the same old, same old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom