Who Wants to Help US Shut Down Annapolis Again?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Thank you for your input, so does that mean you aren't coming?

Considering the fact that I live in Denver now, no, I will not be in Annapolis for this.

By the showing of 4,000 and the worst law ever passed in MD taking effect ... proves this an ineffective approach.

The real action is to start picking them off at the ballot box.

Busch is vulnerable.

This. We had so many people in the state house the fire marshal had to evacuate the building. How did that work out for us in preventing SB213?

It occurs to me that the anti legislators are coming at us from all directions. Would it not be effective for us to do the same to them?

Someone mentioned earlier testifying against their pet bills. I think this is a good idea. I also think we can sink them "back home" - at HOA meetings, BBQs, their fundraisers, etc. Get creative. Stand up in their community in full view of all and sundry and ask them why they oppose Civil Rights. Get a chair and a sign and sit at functions. Get creative. Look at what the #BLM anarchists were able to get done.

It may be a lame concept, but it's much better than folding up and playing dead for the rest of the year IMO.

I'm done. Discuss.

Yup. The legislators are not going to change no matter how many times you pack the grounds of the state house. You need to pressure the lawmakers at their home offices in front of their voters. I think 50 people protesting in front of the offices of 20 different state legislators on the same day at the same time would be much more effective than having 1000 in Annapolis one time.

Also, it's hard for people to take off work and find transportation to Annapolis, but they can run out on their lunch break to spend an hour at a local politician's home office. It just makes so much more sense to hit them at the offices and not in Annapolis.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    NRA-ILA is on it ...

LIVE LINKS to bill information with hearing date/time ...

House Bill 692 would criminalize the private transfer of long guns and instead requires that a dealer process the transfer. Criminals in Maryland do not follow the law and they will continue to obtain firearms illegally through theft, straw purchases and the black market. HB 692 would only burden law-abiding gun owners.

House Bill 703 seeks to legally redefine “firearm” to include antiques and replicas, such as muzzleloaders. Antiques and other black powder firearms are owned, collected, and used by law abiding citizens for hunting, recreational shooting, and historical reenactment. This bill would regulate these firearms in the same manner as modern firearms, potentially damaging the ability of many Marylanders to enjoy these pursuits.

House Bill 879 and Senate Bill 742 would ban “imitation” or replica firearms. This legislation is poorly drafted and short-sighted. It will ban the BB and pellet guns that many parents use to teach their children safe gun handling and marksmanship. This legislation will ban the airsoft and paintball guns that many people use for outdoor recreation. It could even ban the drill rifles used in JROTC and ROTC programs, by American Legion and VFW posts, in exercises designed to honor our military and our country.

House Bill 1002 and Senate Bill 906 would ban the possession or carrying of firearms and knives on college campuses. Those with wear and carry permits do not present a threat to public safety, as they are one of the most law abiding segments of the population. Current law already allows each university to set its own policy regarding the carrying or possession of firearms. This legislation is a blanket prohibition that disallows schools from using discretion on their campus.

House Bill 1000, the “Terrorist Watchlist” bill, seeks to remove the right to due process of those on the “terror watchlist.” However, those on the secretive government watchlist have no idea if, when or how they were added and may have not been charged or convicted of any crime. In every other case in which a person is deprived of their firearms rights, they were afforded a judicial proceeding. Due process of law must be followed before depriving anyone of their Constitutional rights.

House Bill 542 would ban the sale of legally acquired ivory and horn products, such as those in bona fide antiques, or taken from mammoth ivory, an extinct species. Many valuable and sometimes historical firearms and knives contain legal ivory. Illegal poaching of elephants in Africa is a tragedy, but ending a white market in legally acquired ivory products will do nothing to inhibit the black market for illegal ivory.

Attachments

• NRA-ILA GBD.jpg
      NRA-ILA GBD.jpg
      90 KB · Views: 281

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Considering the fact that I live in Denver now, no, I will not be in Annapolis for this.

How's that working out for ya ? :innocent0

Our Stance: Colorado needs more gun control, not less

Colorado Lawmaker Who Champions Gun Control To Meet With President Obama

This. We had so many people in the state house the fire marshal had to evacuate the building. How did that work out for us in preventing SB213?

We did make an impact, and the face of the Legislature along with the Governorship changed. There are still a few Democrat 'party bosses' that need to be taught a lesson, and with O'Malley's piss-poor showing on the National level, they don't have the statue that they once had. Miller, Busch, and Frosh are domestic enemies of MD 2A.

Yup. The legislators are not going to change no matter how many times you pack the grounds of the state house. You need to pressure the lawmakers at their home offices in front of their voters. I think 50 people protesting in front of the offices of 20 different state legislators on the same day at the same time would be much more effective than having 1000 in Annapolis one time.

Also, it's hard for people to take off work and find transportation to Annapolis, but they can run out on their lunch break to spend an hour at a local politician's home office. It just makes so much more sense to hit them at the offices and not in Annapolis.

That's a damn good suggestion ... Along with the rallies, we should put that on the agenda immediately.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Other outlets picking it up ...

FreedomOutpost.com -
    Maryland's new Unconstitutional Gun Confiscation Legislation Violates the 2nd & 5th Amendments

Though they are touting new gun confiscation measures as "common sense solutions," the reality is that Maryland Democrat Communists pushing Communism instead. New legislation that has been introduced is attempting to advance three new gun confiscation measures despite a federal appeals court decision that recently said the state's 2013 gun control measures known, as the Firearms Safety Act of 2013, were a violation of the Second Amendment.

According to <House Speaker Michael> Busch, "We are taking common sense steps to make our communities safer because guns don't belong on college campuses or in the hands of convicted abusers and suspected terrorists."

No, you are acting unconstitutionally by infringing on people's rights without due process of law.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The wife is coming on the 15th. Her first time. Hoping to get some friends to come, too.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado

I love living in Colorado. I have no desire to ever step foot in Maryland again. I'll fly my family members out here before I fly back to Baltimore. No gun control will get passed in Colorado because the house and senate are split. We have a constitutional carry bill in committee in Colorado, as well as a school carry bill.

We did make an impact, and the face of the Legislature along with the Governorship changed. There are still a few Democrat 'party bosses' that need to be taught a lesson, and with O'Malley's piss-poor showing on the National level, they don't have the statue that they once had. Miller, Busch, and Frosh are domestic enemies of MD 2A.

The face of the legislature changed due to gerrymandering. You even lost Mike Smiegel and Don Dwyer, two of the biggest 2A proponents in the legislature.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    No gun control will get passed in Colorado because the house and senate are split. We have a constitutional carry bill in committee in Colorado, as well as a school carry bill.

The face of the legislature changed due to gerrymandering. You even lost Mike Smiegel and Don Dwyer, two of the biggest 2A proponents in the legislature.

Dwyer lost himself due to his own indiscretions. Mike Smiegel lost due to his own party. Smiegel continues to support our cause and we should continue to support him. Oh ya Smiegel for U.S. Congress!

So back on subject.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I think the time has come to stop wearing three piece suits or khakis and blue blazers when standing up to those who mean to lord over us.

I'm in full agreement. It's now time to be aggressive and offensive towards the libtards.

You've got that right Tim. We have to walk around unarmed, exposing ourselves & loved ones to the criminal element that doesn't obey or care about laws.

Our GA is the laughing stock of at least the eastern half of the US. How many more examples do these mental midgets need before seeing the necessity for CCW in the state? Are they trying to start a revolution?

Already I see a few fun pointers to bring out in testimony in this ^^^ quoted post.

I'm in. Both days.

Would like to know about a carpool from Eldersburg/southern Carroll area if one develops.

The carpool thing I may be interested in.

Yes, on the 9th.

"shutting down Annapolis" would take more than 200 people.

What do you suppose will be different THIS time? Hundreds of people in opposition vs a dozen in support.... and the bills still fly through...

Shutting down Annapolis will take about a minimum of four thousand people in attendance on our side, maybe more like five thousand.

To all fellow 2A supporters and MDS'ers,

Last week I told dblas that I wouldn't be fighting in the front lines at all this year due to my condition and subsequent slow recovery process of my open heart surgery, but instead, my support will be coming from being in the rear with the gear. I've submitted a proposed Bill and have another in the works but will hold off on both due to the development of the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals. After reading this thread, all of us should be there at least for one of the two days that dblas mentioned, March 9th or March 15th, and both if at all possible.

After further reconsideration, I would like to make my physical presence be known in Annapolis at least on one, if not both of these days. To make this possible I will need the help of a few others. To catch a ride to Annapolis and be dropped off in front of the House/Senate buildings, the loan of a wheelchair for the time frame involved, and a person to help with anything I might havva' problem with such as steps, ramps, etc. I can walk on my own to some degree but mostly with a cane and needless to say, with the time involved in these endeavors, a wheelchair will be most definitely needed. If in the event these conditions should be able to come together, I can be there.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    If you want Hogan to veto, you have to show him that its the will of the people.

If we get thousands, we can stop things in committee. they arent pushing a large bill like the fsa, its many small bills. overriding all of those vetos next year would take a lot of time out of the GA's 90 days.

1994 required all handguns to go through a dealer for a nics check
    1996-2013 the md ga piled on
    locks, waits, bans, rosters, ballistics, registration, license, ever increasing training

2016- maryland wants all long arms to go through dealers for a nics check
    2017- you know whats next

they've already stated they want all firearms to be "regulated firearms" the last couple years.
    this bill and the one for regulating black powder rifles, and the one to ban bb guns, are the opening salvo on that front.

they cannot be allowed to take one step further, or it will be hql, training, microstamping, rosters, bore locks, and universal registration for everything.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    If you want Hogan to veto, you have to show him that its the will of the people.

If we get thousands, we can stop things in committee. they arent pushing a large bill like the fsa, its many small bills. overriding all of those vetos next year would take a lot of time out of the GA's 90 days.

1994 required all handguns to go through a dealer for a nics check
    1996-2013 the md ga piled on
    locks, waits, bans, rosters, ballistics, registration, license, ever increasing training

2016- maryland wants all long arms to go through dealers for a nics check
    2017- you know whats next

they've already stated they want all firearms to be "regulated firearms" the last couple years.
    this bill and the one for regulating black powder rifles, and the one to ban bb guns, are the opening salvo on that front.

they cannot be allowed to take one step further, or it will be hql, training, microstamping, rosters, bore locks, and universal registration for everything.

How about 3-4 thousand of us facing the Gov's mansion chanting VETO, VETO, VETO, VETO !!!

We need a catchy slogan ... Guns Save Lives is okay, but there's got to be something more 'biting' ...

How about "Hey Hey, Ho Ho, Busch and Miller Got To Go"

Attachments

• Miller & Busch.jpg
      Miller & Busch.jpg
      82.7 KB · Views: 237

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I love living in Colorado. I have no desire to ever step foot in Maryland again. I'll fly my family members out here before I fly back to Baltimore. No gun control will get passed in Colorado because the house and senate are split. We have a constitutional carry bill in committee in Colorado, as well as a school carry bill.

Last I checked Colorado has a private sale ban as well as a magazine ban on anything over 15 rounds. Oh, that applies to possession too if acquired after enactment.

Hard to prove but the law nonetheless. You can count on Colorado and Virginia going the way of Maryland in a decade or two if population migration patterns continue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom