Who Wants to Help US Shut Down Annapolis Again?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I'm in full agreement. It's now time to be aggressive and offensive towards the libtards.

Already I see a few fun pointers to bring out in testimony in this ^^^ quoted post.

The carpool thing I may be interested in.

Shutting down Annapolis will take about a minimum of four thousand people in attendance on our side, maybe more like five thousand.

To all fellow 2A supporters and MDS'ers,

Last week I told dblas that I wouldn't be fighting in the front lines at all this year due to my condition and subsequent slow recovery process of my open heart surgery, but instead, my support will be coming from being in the rear with the gear. I've submitted a proposed Bill and have another in the works but will hold off on both due to the development of the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals. After reading this thread, all of us should be there at least for one of the two days that dblas mentioned, March 9th or March 15th, and both if at all possible.

After further reconsideration, I would like to make my physical presence be known in Annapolis at least on one, if not both of these days. To make this possible I will need the help of a few others. To catch a ride to Annapolis and be dropped off in front of the House/Senate buildings, the loan of a wheelchair for the time frame involved, and a person to help with anything I might havva' problem with such as steps, ramps, etc. I can walk on my own to some degree but mostly with a cane and needless to say, with the time involved in these endeavors, a wheelchair will be most definitely needed. If in the event these conditions should be able to come together, I can be there.

I have a travel chair that I will gladly loan you. It is a small chair that folds up to go in the trunk of a car.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    If my mother doesn't get a call from Hopkins about getting her a liver or isn't recovering from having the transplant, I will do my absolute best to be there. :thumbsup:

You couldn't come up with something better than that? :rolleyes:

Just kidding. Hopefully you can't make it. :thumbsup:

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    "It could have been worse" is not a victory cry. That's trying to rationalize defeat.

Why not find another thread to Shit in instead on continually trying to push this one off topic. You escaped but many of us have decided to stay and FIGHT! If you have nothing helpful to add just go away. It seems to work for you.

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    I wish I could cut that time in half, but we have two considerations - first, she's a school teacher and is deeply vested in her retirement plan, so compounded by the fact that retirement plan reciprocity with other states is hit-or-miss thing if you move before retirement, she has about 5-6 years to go before she's eligible.

For me, at the tender "young" age of 44 years old, I got back into the National Guard to finally finish my 20 last March, and I have about 6 years left on that. Of course I don't have to finish my time in my current unit and I could go to another state, but that's the easiest way to do it.

But, we're definitely doing it sooner than later - the missus is a cancer survivor, and although her long-term prognosis is excellent, (early catch and aggressive treatment and preventative treatment for a breast cancer diagnosis 2 years ago) right now we're very much aware that we don't live forever, and we'd like to start enjoying life again, making use of the last part of the "slave, save and retire" American paradigm.

I fully understand. My wife is also a teacher. Fortunately she is eligible in the fall of '18. My challenge will be convincing her to move from Maryland.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Why not find another thread to Shit in instead on continually trying to push this one off topic. You escaped but many of us have decided to stay and FIGHT! If you have nothing helpful to add just go away. It seems to work for you.

Thank you...

You just saved me a 2-week vacation.

;)

Several people in this thread are really starting to piss me off.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    Work permitting, I'm going to come at least one of the two days to see if Mrs. Teratos has hair as good as the good Doctor's. Hopefully both days.

For those who aren't coming because you think last time didn't do any good, if you don't, then they'll know it only took one beatdown to beat us for good. The lying, chess-playing, bastards will think they won the whole GD war. They need to see that we're not going to go away. Ever. This isn't a "one and done" thing - this is for life. THEY think it's for life and THEY will never quit. Will YOU?

Never give up, never surrender, play until the whistle blows.

In St. Mary's, we threw out a 15-year incumbent House member who slow-rolled us on SB281, took the Senate seat away from a long-serving, former US congressman, and installed an all-red state and county government.

If you do your level best by trying the political process and the ballot box, then you can go to the jury box and the cartridge box with a clear conscience.

F*ck them. I like breakfast at Chick & Ruth's anyway.

Irons

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    And Oregon ... You can run, but you can't hide forever.

Just make sure that you retire in a state that isn't adjacent to a state, that is adjacent to another state that was just over-run by libs looking to avoid higher taxes, because they bring with them the same demands that you as a gun owner are fleeing from in the PRofMD. Then when they fvck up that state, they move again ... closer to you.

:thumbsup::patriot: These colors don't run.

Attachments

• images.jpg
      images.jpg
      12.5 KB · Views: 225

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I fully understand. My wife is also a teacher. Fortunately she is eligible in the fall of '18. My challenge will be convincing her to move from Maryland.
    I don't have to convince my wife - she wants to go. For her, she's always been a beach girl, and the clearer and bluer the water, and the finer and softer the sand, the better she likes it.

We're definitely fleeing the state. At the very least we'll go north, just across the PA line, but I'd like to go further south where it's warmer - I'm thinking gulf side near Tampa. I can still ply my trade as a freelance musician on two instruments, she get all the sand and beach she wants, and being on the gulf side, while not a guarantee, they don't seem to take direct hits from hurricanes.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I'll be there, both days if I can. I'll know for sure early next week. And I'll try to bring a friend - new to the fight in Maryland.

This state seems hopeless sometimes, and our on 2A "friends" on MDS often make it worse. It doesn't matter. We have a duty to liberty:

Winston Churchill said:
    Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

We stood all alone a year ago, and to many countries it seemed that our account was closed, we were finished. All this tradition of ours, our songs, our school history, this part of the history of this country, were gone and finished and liquidated.

Very different is the mood today. Britain, other nations thought, had drawn a sponge across her slate. But instead our country stood in the gap. There was no flinching and no thought of giving in; and by what seemed almost a miracle to those outside these Islands, though we ourselves never doubted it, we now find ourselves in a position where I say that we can be sure that we have only to persevere to conquer.

Sadly we're a lot closer to the beginning rather than the end of this fight, but you can count on me to stand in the gap.

The ballot box hasn't been that successful. People have said for years that "Busch is vulnerable," but he keeps getting re-elected both to the MGA (since '87) and as Speaker (since '03), too.

In my opinion part of our problem is that we have been too diffuse. The MD DINO movement was laudable, but ultimately unfocused. A similar effort was successful in Colorado because the pro-2A community focused on just two key races. But that included the popular State Senate President John Morse. Senator Morse and Senator Giron became the first two legislators in the history of Colorado to be recalled. It took resources from the whole state pouring into those two districts, but it worked. We have not tried to copy that successful model. And we should - looking at the demographics and voting patterns of Busch's district there is no reason why we should not be able to do the same if we have unity of purpose and a vision.

A few other random thought:

* We don't have to convince the entire legislative body, indeed I think it likely that some or all of these bills might pass. All we have to do is to sustain a veto - hard but possible if we're willing to show up and work as dblas has asked us to do.

* SB281 passed in 2013 in large measure because MOM clamped down the screws with political thuggery at its worst. Even with that they had to cheat to win. This year, they have no such driver.

* And playing off both of the points above: even with all of that we were only two votes shy of sustaining an SB281 filibuster in the Senate. Flip just two Members, and we're there before it even gets to a floor passage vote much less headed to the governor.

* It will take more than just those two days (though we must make a strong presence on March 9 & 15). We all need to call, we also need to write, we also need to flood their email servers. Hopefully the AGC is spinning up their excellent email portals as we speak.

* And FYI I can't register via the Facebook links. I don't do Facebook. But I'll see you there.

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    I don't have to convince my wife - she wants to go. For her, she's always been a beach girl, and the clearer and bluer the water, and the finer and softer the sand, the better she likes it.

We're definitely fleeing the state. At the very least we'll go north, just across the PA line, but I'd like to go further south where it's warmer - I'm thinking gulf side near Tampa. I can still ply my trade as a freelance musician on two instruments, she get all the sand and beach she wants, and being on the gulf side, while not a guarantee, they don't seem to take direct hits from hurricanes.

My wife is also looking forward to living her retirement on the beach. However the beach to her only means one place, Ocean City. Have had her to other beach areas up and down the coast, but she hasn't found any of them appealing. Personally I would rather be somewhere in a cabin on 20 acres out in the boonies. My wife however isn't amused. She has this thing about being around people. I don't particularly like people. I guess after 35 years of marriage we will eventually come to an agreement.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I'll be there, both days if I can. I'll know for sure early next week. And I'll try to bring a friend - new to the fight in Maryland.

This state seems hopeless sometimes, and our on 2A "friends" on MDS often make it worse. It doesn't matter. We have a duty to liberty:

Sadly we're a lot closer to the beginning rather than the end of this fight, but you can count on me to stand in the gap.

In my opinion part of our problem is that we have been too diffuse. The MD DINO movement was laudable, but ultimately unfocused. A similar effort was successful in Colorado because the pro-2A community focused on just two key races. But that included the popular State Senate President John Morse. Senator Morse and Senator Giron became the first two legislators in the history of Colorado to be recalled. It took resources from the whole state pouring into those two districts, but it worked. We have not tried to copy that successful model. And we should - looking at the demographics and voting patterns of Busch's district there is no reason why we should not be able to do the same if we have unity of purpose and a vision.

A few other random thought:

* We don't have to convince the entire legislative body, indeed I think it likely that some or all of these bills might pass. All we have to do is to sustain a veto - hard but possible if we're willing to show up and work as dblas has asked us to do.

* SB281 passed in 2013 in large measure because MOM clamped down the screws with political thuggery at its worst. Even with that they had to cheat to win. This year, they have no such driver.

* And playing off both of the points above: even with all of that we were only two votes shy of sustaining an SB281 filibuster in the Senate. Flip just two Members, and we're there before it even gets to a floor passage vote much less headed to the governor.

* It will take more than just those two days (though we must make a strong presence on March 9 & 15). We all need to call, we also need to write, we also need to flood their email servers. Hopefully the AGC is spinning up their excellent email portals as we speak.

* And FYI I can't register via the Facebook links. I don't do Facebook. But I'll see you there.

JIM FARKING BROCHIN!

If he votes for cloture; he deserves a kick to the nuts. Then to loose his seat.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It may. It could. But maybe not in our lifetimes.

Why continue to live in a state that is oppressive and unfair, and unreasonable towards the second amendment? As alluded in the post directly above; there are other good reasons to leave Maryland as well.

To fight for a switch back to Freedom?

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    JIM FARKING BROCHIN!

If he votes for cloture; he deserves a kick to the nuts. Then to loose his seat.

Yes, Brochin was one of the three big liars during the SB281 fight. Remember the big meeting with him where he expressed sympathy to our grievances? To that list of dishonor I'd add Senators DeGrange and Middleton. They voted for cloture, then against SB281. The bad news is that they stabbed us in the back on the filibuster and SB281 went on to pass. The good news is that they were afraid of us and tried to have it both ways by voting against SB281 on the floor, hoping people would have a short memory. But their flip flops speak to their vulnerability - something we could use to our advantage if were were politically savvy.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Thank you...

You just saved me a 2-week vacation.

;)

Several people in this thread are really starting to piss me off.

Ever wonder if that's the intent..

Of so why take the bait..

If no one gives a f..k we will find out soon.enough..and nothing we say will matter.

If they do..then nothing those folks say will matter..

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

My wife is also looking forward to living her retirement on the beach. However the beach to her only means one place, Ocean City. Have had her to other beach areas up and down the coast, but she hasn't found any of them appealing. Personally I would rather be somewhere in a cabin on 20 acres out in the boonies. My wife however isn't amused. She has this thing about being around people. I don't particularly like people. I guess after 35 years of marriage we will eventually come to an agreement.

How about you two take your conversation to another thread, or better yet, start your own thread for those folks that have given up and are making plans to leave the state?

Have a nice day. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cddrive

Latest threads

Top Bottom