• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rkh

Feb 25, 2014
    Training exempt, hunter's education in '12

I applied as training expempt on 2/24. Today, 2/25 everything is complete but training says "incomplete". I told them I have "Hunter's education in 9/12". Any idea why?

brian5258

Feb 25, 2014
    Let me know how that turns out. I completed my livescan today but I'm waiting to receive a copy of my Hunter's Safety certificate from 1999 in the mail before I submit the Training Exempt HQL.

Hambone

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    Let me know how that turns out. I completed my livescan today but I'm waiting to receive a copy of my Hunter's Safety certificate from 1999 in the mail before I submit the Training Exempt HQL.

You have 72 hours after your Livescan is complete to submit your application. I hope you receive your certificate quickly.

brian5258

Feb 25, 2014
    I found the original certification card and submitted with pictures today! I'll report back when it goes through.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    2/13 Livescan & Application
    2/26 HQL arrived #26xx
    online still pending

Post marked yesterday, so batch mailing must be occurring on something other than a weekly basis

brian5258

Feb 25, 2014
    Looks like my DNR Hunter's Safety course from 1999 was accepted. :)

Training = Completed.

Everything is completed besides NICS, CJIS, DHMH, which are marked incomplete.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    2/13 Livescan & Application
    2/26 HQL arrived #26xx
    online still pending

Post marked yesterday, so batch mailing must be occurring on something other than a weekly basis

That is encouraging. I did Livescan and app submission on 2/17. Maybe next week, with luck, I'll see my HQL card.

rkh

Feb 25, 2014

Training = Completed.

There seems to be no way to upload a document after submitting the application. Now I guess I have to wait for them to request it by mail then mail a copy to them etc. etc.
    Tried calling and the lady who answered transfered me to another lady who transferred me to a corporal's VM...

signature

Jan 16, 2013
    Update. Everything sent in on Feb 9. Checklist disappeared, but pending. Sent them an email on Friday requesting some info. They sent back that there was no record of my application. Sent them my receipt with tracking number, etc. They found the application and sent out the license in the mail on the 24th. So I guess a new batch is on its way.

Seems like more and more are applying and slowing things down again. Stay on them either by phone or email. It appears that this process is a pain in the ass for everyone but the lawmakers. Including the State Police.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013

Training = Completed.

That is normal for NICS, CJIS, DHMH, to be marked incomplete till the end of the process. Those 3 take the longest. Once they become complete, you will no longer see the list and will become passed, accepted, or whatever they want to call it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom