• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Okay guys and gals, there are multiple treads on requests for help, applying for, status of, and bitching about, etc. the HQL applications. Let's make this a thread strictly for those to report that they actually received, in their personal possession, a new HQL. PLEASE DO NOT POST EXTRANEOUS COMMENTS - KEEP THOSE IN THE OTHER THREADS. Only post if you have actually received a license that YOU applied for! This will help us determine who, if anyone, actually received a HQL, and who can read and follow directions among us!

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    And which FFL's have their HQL's and are legal to receive firearms in MD?

Dealers don't need the HQL to possess handguns for inventory. type 07s are exempt all together and dealers just need it to transfer from inventory into personal collection.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Please guys - received HQL's only. The other threads are a great source of information but they have become long and complicated, and have veered from there original OP's message. I was trying to create one location that all can easily monitor for when the first HQL is received. Please don't hijack the effort.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Please guys - received HQL's only. The other threads are a great source of information but they have become long and complicated, and have veered from there original OP's message. I was trying to create one location that all can easily monitor for when the first HQL is received. Please don't hijack the effort.

Not be a downer, but there's nothing saying HQL1 will be a MDS member.

It will be interesting, yes... but we'll hear about it when it happens.

Shoot, If I read it right, no one even got a "completed" on everything until something like Thursday morning.

Honestly, I'm just as interested... We'll know when we know.

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=2762229#post2762229

Manufacturers are specifically exempt (to keep Baretta in MD) , FFL01's ... show me

Again, the HQL is for personal possession. MFGs are totally exempt (can transfer from inventory to personal collection w/o it). Dealers need the HQL only to transfer from inventory to personal collection. Neither FFL statuses need it for inventory. This info can be found on the MSP website. A FFL could not sell or offer for sale a handgun before without being a MRFD being a MRFD is an exemption.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Mine went active on the website today. It gives you your number & expiration date.

Thanks - now lets see if we get a steady stream of additional HQL's being issued, or if you are the token "yes your Honor, the MSP has issued a HQL."

Again, please let's try to kept the posts to those that have actually received their license number either through the website, or those that receive their actual HQL card which MSP says may take 14 days to process.

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Mine went active on the website today. It gives you your number & expiration date.

Same here! Awesome. Now have to wait for it to come in the mail.

License Status: Active
    Certification Date: 10/9/2013
    Expiration Date: 10/8/2023

1. Date Applied 10/1/13
    2. Date it went Active 10/9/13
    3. Date Card was received (not yet received)
    4. Training/ or exemption : Exempt

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013
    Is it possible to include on the post

1. Date Applied
    2. Date it went Active
    3. Date Card was received
    4. Training/ or exemption (if you feel comfortable)

Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    Don't have it in hand, but when i Login, i have a number and an expiration date of 2023.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Is it possible to include on the post

1. Date Applied
    2. Date it went Active
    3. Date Card was received
    4. Training/ or exemption (if you feel comfortable)

Sure - no problem on my end - I was just trying to keep this thread from devolving into a mixed bitch and gripe session, and make it easier for all to see the trends in "actual" HQL issues. Keep it coming.

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013
    Sure - no problem on my end - I was just trying to keep this thread from devolving into a mixed bitch and gripe session, and make it easier for all to see the trends in "actual" HQL issues. Keep it coming.

I am trying to manage the "Count of HQL Applicants" thread the same way!:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom