• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NavyATFP

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 3, 2013
    Hyattsville
    Went back and fourth over the issue of the HQL being an infringement(still think it is) and then comparing it to a concealed carry permit being an infringement(still think that is also) but it seems that while many here refuse to get the HQL they want the CCW permit here while living in MD. Decided as I had no 1911 in my collection and i didn't want to go find the 4000$ Korean War/WWII era Colt I would have to give in to the state.

As others have pointed out, Between time with the military and with government work my fingerprints are on file somewhere. Id assume they they can find out what I purchase with my credit cards quite easy(sure I could go carry around lots of cash to semi hide my sport shooting/hunting/home defense items by why should I have to do that?).

If your willing to obtain a permit(in this state or any other) to carry concealed why not get the HQL, its an infringement and a pain but the choice is have it and get to purchase or don't have it and buy 50+ year old handguns only.

Same reasons I didn't have the HQL is the reasons I chose also not to own suppressors, Ive finally given in and am now at Day 20(less if you count working days) waiting on final approval for my HQL. That Springfield 1911 will soon be mine.

Last edited:

NavyATFP

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 3, 2013
    Hyattsville
    I am just curious about people who say their check is taking longer than usual... Without revealing details, have they lived in many other states (I could see a few factors slowing down mental health records checks), or have a security clearance?

What is longer than usual? Mine started around 20 days(7 day weeks not working days) ago. Is that longer than usual? I haven't been paying much attention as I don't know anyone that has done it recently. The mental health checks and all the state specific stuff was done on the 25th to the 29th. My checks are showing incomplete on the NICS and the other two federal databases.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    ARGHHHH it is done.......submitted today

I feel dirty......gonna go cry in the shower for a while now..... and I notice I'm walking a lil funny too......no lube at all......scarred for life.....yep

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    ARGHHHH it is done.......submitted today

I feel dirty......gonna go cry in the shower for a while now..... and I notice I'm walking a lil funny too......no lube at all......scarred for life.....yep

I won't hold it against you. A personal choice each of us has to make for themselves.

The pain and sense of disgust will subside, but it'll never go away. Your next handgun purchase will be good therapy. :)

*Still holding out, temptation is a bitch.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I won't hold it against you. A personal choice each of us has to make for themselves.

The pain and sense of disgust will subside, but it'll never go away. Your next handgun purchase will be good therapy. :)

*Still holding out, temptation is a bitch.

yeah I'm hoping my first Glock, a G19 will help with the healing process. I been really drooling over the Walther PPQ too.

I knew not scooping these before 10/1 would haunt me later, I just couldn't make it happen in time because of the 60 day cool down, prior to me getting DC status.

Sharadeth

Oct 11, 2011
    Well a certain somebody just turned 21 the other day. So guess who has to get an HQL (training class as well) to get himself a shiny new CZ clone.

This guy! That's who. I shall spend my time waiting for a class I can attend preparing certain body parts for the financial rape I'm about to endure :sad20:

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    Well a certain somebody just turned 21 the other day. So guess who has to get an HQL (training class as well) to get himself a shiny new CZ clone.

This guy! That's who. I shall spend my time waiting for a class I can attend preparing certain body parts for the financial rape I'm about to endure :sad20:

happy belated birthday man:thumbsup: damn shame you must go through all that just for a pistol:tdown: too bad you didn't turn 21 last year around this time:sad20:

sar82007

Apr 6, 2013
    People's Republic of MD
    I have no plans to acquire an HQL

I already purchased most things that I could not live without. There are other wants but they will just wait until I get out of MD. MDSP and other MD revenue generating agents will not get my hard earned money. The HQL process is just another one of those attempts to steal our money.

Sharadeth

Oct 11, 2011
    At least this way he gets to see early on how much Maryland sucks. :sad20:

Tbh I kinda always knew. Several years ago when I was a wee little boy scout just getting out of cub scouts we went to visit our local representatives. Lest to say Steiny Hoyer said "Christ's sake, again? I don't have time for this shit" when we tried to talk to him........

But I digress. Yes this state sucks but being in college means I don't have much of an opportunity to escape as of yet so I gotta roll with the punches.

Feb 28, 2013
    Tbh I kinda always knew. Several years ago when I was a wee little boy scout just getting out of cub scouts we went to visit our local representatives. Lest to say Steiny Hoyer said "Christ's sake, again? I don't have time for this shit" when we tried to talk to him........

That's because liberals are such nice people.:rolleyes::tdown:

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    I had wanted a S&W model 41 for a while, but didn't have the $$$ last year for one. I found one for a good price had the $$$, but now I need a hql...shit... am I going to let marty and his crew tell me what i can do or am I going to bite the bullet, say f#ck him and do what those people don't want me too and buy another gun.

I have my hql and a really sweet shooting 41 and am saving up for a S&W 686 or a Blackhawk in .357 I'm not sure which one yet but it will be another nose thumbing at the gun haters.

We are going to look at a house in Martinsburg WVA tomorrow so the hql could be a moot point soon anyway.

Coffee

Jan 12, 2009
    Odenton
    No HQL. I got one pistol before 10/1, and without the ability to carry I don't see the need or have the desire for another.

Been collecting plenty of long guns post 10/1

dspurlock

Mar 31, 2013
    HQL is just the first step on a long road of hurdles/restrictions and rising fees that await Marylanders who have an HQL. Just look at the states that have similar licenses. It's only going to get worse.

JVP409

Jan 31, 2013
    Bel Air
    Getting finger prints next week. No current needs for another handgun but want to have the option. I'm not going to be one of those that cut off my nose to spite my face, but to each his own.

Feb 28, 2013
    I swallowed my own bitter pill yesterday, got fingerprinted and did the application. I want that VR barrel .357 mag revolver.

On a good note, I also did my prints for my FL CCP yesterday.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom