• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave21042

Feb 17, 2012
    Ellicott City, MD
    I doubt I get the HQL. I have no plans of buying another gun. The HQL requirement is not the keeping from purchasing, if I need to purchase I'll get it then. Or if the state makes the requirements even tougher then I may get HQL.

PHRFcrewman

Jul 20, 2014
    Hamilton, Baltimore
    I got one.
    I don't own anything yet, and I want to.
    I figure all my prints, background checks, psychological exams, body markings, blood type, etc. are in the various State and National Databases, so what's one more database and some paperwork?
    Do I think it's right? No. Do I hope we can all get together for an HQL burning party? Hell yeah.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    I do not yet have my hql, but I am planning on getting mine soon as I want to get my first handgun or 2. First will be a G19, second will be something in .22, i think id like to get a revolver.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    Nope, have 2 handguns , So that's it for me till I get out of this Liberal utopia or the law changes. No saiga's ,so it looks like cash and carry long guns and when I can ,an Ar 10.

Watdahec

Flipside
    Oct 31, 2012
    Glen burnie
    Nothing sparks my interest of acquiring another regulated firearm yet. Lots of temptation, but still hanging tough. For now, my plans could be getting some lowers in the not so distant future.

Yellowhand

Jan 19, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    No! I do not, will not, shall not, give in to such BS and jump through monkey-hoops to satisfy what is already illegal legislation, registration, fornication, on my dime! Ef 'em all!

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    It's a shame ,the last pistol I bought was a xd45 from Gun Connection in 10. Financially everything has sucked the last couple years, I guess the Hope and Change finally caught up.Would have liked a Ruger Gp 100 in 4 inch, Ruger Lc9 ,not to mention the Cowboy actions I figured would be eventually get into.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    If I find a course or something locally to take so I can get it I will. I live on the shore so I have just imagined that it has not been available. I could be wrong.

From your signature it appears that you may already own a regulated handgun and therefore you would not need to take any course at all.

Based on your sig line,

SASS Member
    IDPA Member
    MD Designated Collector

You do not have to get the training to get the HQL. You are already exempt if you already own a handgun.

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    I really haven't decided yet whether I will or won't get one. I'm not in a financial position to buy what I want at the moment, so that means I don't have one yet. If things turn around and I get some disposable income, we'll see.

Maybe by that point I won't need one. We can dream, can't we?

SA223

Feb 7, 2014
    I got mine last Friday. At first I wasn't going to get one, but I really wanted another S&W 686 6" to replace the one I got rid of back in 1996. I needed the money, so I sold it and have regretted it ever since. However, I hopefully will be able to pick up my new S&W 686 Plus, on Saturday, and will again be happy, happy, happy!!

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    I have thought about getting my HQL a million times over. Aside from paying for a right that's already free, I think that getting one allows Liberals to tout to the media "see, it works and it has not slowed down legal firearms sales and has not HURT the gun owning community...looking at these numbers". On the back side of things, it has to be renewed. This means you pay again for your rights but most of all it gives someone the ability to NOT RENEW. If I don't renew or get denied for renewal, does this (somehow down the line) mean that guns bought before HQL are also NOT RENEWED?....and I payed for all that runaround...NO SIR!

BBQMAN

Jul 3, 2013
    Freeland
    Don't have the money to do anything with it if I were to get it. Inherriting a home in need of updates/repairs is a huge money sink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom