• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I've actually noted completely the opposite. Just did a quick search on some gun boards, and CZs were always recommended within the first few posts.

I think the problem with CZ's popularity is having things in stock. They don't seem to be the best about it.

Did you check the posts on here? Notice who mentions CZ first on most of them? :innocent0

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    There aren't that many threads on here that apply IMO. People are usually very specific..."help me pick a 1911" etc. etc.

Searching for "recommend" in the thread title in handguns... these two looked applicable. CZs are recommended in both.
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=35849&highlight=recommend
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=28304&highlight=recommend

I was looking at thehighroad.org as well. More threads to pick from. CZs are one of the more recommended pistols in my experience.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    In .22LR I love the S&W 422/622/2206 & 2214/2213 series of pistols. Smith stopped making them in the mid 90's - some say for lack of sales #'s, some because they were relatively expensive to produce. An odd configuration in that the barrel sits under the slide, not within it. Most parts are still available from Numrich. EWK Firearms sells a suppressor thread adapter and replacement firing pins (supposedly a better design than OEM).

Agreed. I have a 622 with a 6" barrel and love it. Tack driver. Actually would love to find another 422/622/2206 to add to the stable.

31fdb8dba25b916e9f6729e3159aecbd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Huh. Now that's a good contender for a best kept secret. How much do they sell for?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Oh, are 22lrs on the table? In that case, the Beretta 71 is my choice. It's combat tough, small, and has decent ergos.

Attachments

• 10860913_10153248705895579_3589311193235084720_o.jpg
      10860913_10153248705895579_3589311193235084720_o.jpg
      68.9 KB · Views: 302

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The Sig sp2022, from what I've seen, is one of the best kept secrets in hand guns. A lot of people regard it as the stepchild of the P22X lineup, and it did seem to have some quality issues (based only on what I read) between 2009 and 2011, but those seem to have been worked out.

At sub $500, it's a pretty neat gun.

2022-Nitron-detail-hero.jpg

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Canik 9 mm century arms. Brother brought one in NC. I shoot it when I'm down there.$ 324.00 OUT THE DOOR
    But people have heard of it... it's a Walther P99 copy. This isn't to say it's not a great gun, but I don't now that I'd call it a "secret" at this point.

It's nice that the stores in NC sell that kind of thing, I never see anything like that around here.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    But people have heard of it... it's a Walther P99 copy. This isn't to say it's not a great gun, but I don't now that I'd call it a "secret" at this point.

It's nice that the stores in NC sell that kind of thing, I never see anything like that around here.

Yes, I have seen them in NC too, asking around here dealers are not familiar until you say Century Arms then they look it up ... interested.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Canik does the 55-C Stingray, and S-120 too. The 55-C Stingray is their own version of the CZ-75 P-01 - all steel frame, and oddly, controls on both sides of the pistol, which is new for me. I've seen ambidextrous safeties, but not slide stops too.

They come in other colors other than satin chrome - they'll do a black chrome and some other colors as well. In some of the reviews I've read, it's said that fit and finish is, with some specimens, actually better than the CZ. I'm intrigued because I'm curious about the CZ-75, and these are roughly 60% of the cost of the CZ.

Here's the Stingray:

HG2024CNLeftD.jpg

Here's the S-120:
    Tristar-Arms-S-120-9mm-Luger-L-06.jpg

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    "The reason for that is because polymer striker-fired 9mm are all the rage. Big metal hammer-fired DA/SA? No one wants antiquated junk..."

I have one striker fired pistol. It is polymer...my fourth poly gun. I can say I'll take the hammer fired metal gun over striker fired plastic any day...for good reasons. My present striker gun is the main reason for that. A personal preference based on those guns' performances.

HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    "The reason for that is because polymer striker-fired 9mm are all the rage. Big metal hammer-fired DA/SA? No one wants antiquated junk..."

I have one striker fired pistol. It is polymer...my fourth poly gun. I can say I'll take the hammer fired metal gun over striker fired plastic any day...for good reasons. My present striker gun is the main reason for that. A personal preference based on those guns' performances.
    I have come to the conclusion that they both have their place. If weight is my priority then I'm going to going with a polymer striker fired option. If trigger quality and accuracy are my priorities, then I'm going with a metal framed hammer fired pistol.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    CZ...and I have six (52, 75, 75B, 85 Combat, 97B, P-01) of them. Great pistols, well priced, sturdy and reliable!

Lew--Ranger63

Dang. I really need to pick one of these up. I already have a p09, the polymer framed stepsister. No steel guns for me, yet.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    Ask yourself why new and used CZs don't lay around on the shelf.
    I have a few (10) myself including a Canik T100.
    I always gravitate to this style of pistol. I have my eye out for the IMI clones.
    DocAitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom