• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Yes I did that, when I went my my interview with the investigator, and he laughed in my face. Then he asked me if I BOUGHT it from a corner store. It took everything in me not to air him out. The MD Permit process is ridiculous for no reason. I don't get it.

Context always appreciated. (What the quote and multi-quota button are for)
    "I did that"...Did what?
    "I BOUGHT IT", what is IT?

Thread postings can go very fast, don't assume your post will be below the post the moment you hit the reply button.

bryanjusmc

Celer Silens Mortalis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Edgemere
    Investigator called today, interview scheduled for Monday.

Had my interview today, met with my investigator at the Waterloo Barracks. Friendly & professional, it lasted about 20 minutes. Verified some information from my application, asked me a few questions and lastly asked for something to show proof of my employment which seems(ed) strange to me. She gave her email address which I could forward it to and said once she receives it she will forward my packet to the Licensing Division which will be my new contact for the rest of the process and whom I should receive a decision from in the next 8 weeks. She also asked for 2 additional references from those listed on my application, and 5 of the 6 total references sent me text messages saying she contacted them within 4 hours of the interview.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Had my interview today, met with my investigator at the Waterloo Barracks. Friendly & professional, it lasted about 20 minutes. Verified some information from my application, asked me a few questions and lastly asked for something to show proof of my employment which seems(ed) strange to me. She gave her email address which I could forward it to and said once she receives it she will forward my packet to the Licensing Division which will be my new contact for the rest of the process and whom I should receive a decision from in the next 8 weeks. She also asked for 2 additional references from those listed on my application, and 5 of the 6 total references sent me text messages saying she contacted them within 4 hours of the interview.

Sounds like the same Trooper who handled my father-in-laws application. She was FAST! He had his permit close to two weeks before I got mine and we submitted at the same time. Good luck!

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Sounds like the same lady who did mine, did she say she was a retired trooper?

She was indeed nice, professional and quick.

bryanjusmc

Celer Silens Mortalis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Edgemere
    Still waiting as expected but I found myself wondering.. What exactly entails the processing of my application? I had my ftf interview 30ish days after dropping my application in the mail. Afterwords I was given a paper (which I've now misplaced and cannot quote) that said something to the effect that the conclusion of my ftf interview signified the conclusion of my background investigation. Also, that the investigator would forward my app to the licensing division and they would be my contact henceforth and from whom I would receive a decision from in the next 8ish weeks. My question is what else are they doing/going to do In the next (now 5) weeks if my background is complete? Digging for 'gold' to deny me? Watching my daily habits from the blimp over my house? I wish I could find the paper to quote it, also to get my app number so I could check the status. I've read recently of Trooper (Knaub?) I wasn't going to bother checking the status until I read of him recently and figured I should see if he is assigned my app now so I can prematurely start preparing for my likely appeal/review.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Still waiting as expected but I found myself wondering.. What exactly entails the processing of my application? I had my ftf interview 30ish days after dropping my application in the mail. Afterwords I was given a paper (which I've now misplaced and cannot quote) that said something to the effect that the conclusion of my ftf interview signified the conclusion of my background investigation. Also, that the investigator would forward my app to the licensing division and they would be my contact henceforth and from whom I would receive a decision from in the next 8ish weeks. My question is what else are they doing/going to do In the next (now 5) weeks if my background is complete? Digging for 'gold' to deny me? Watching my daily habits from the blimp over my house? I wish I could find the paper to quote it, also to get my app number so I could check the status. I've read recently of Trooper (Knaub?) I wasn't going to bother checking the status until I read of him recently and figured I should see if he is assigned my app now so I can prematurely start preparing for my likely appeal/review.

If you meet G&S and have a clean background you will almost certainly be issued a permit. Obviously they are looking for certain things to qualify you as a business owner. As one member experienced recently MSP doesn't consider all self employed folks to be business owners. While we may all feel that is BS that is the reality until something changes. I wouldn't worry about Knaub unless you have questionable G&S. No one that I am aware of has taken more than 95 actual (not business) days to be issued a permit in the last 2 years. I wouldn't bother calling until you hit that mark. Best of luck to you.

bryanjusmc

Celer Silens Mortalis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Edgemere
    If you meet G&S and have a clean background you will almost certainly be issued a permit. Obviously they are looking for certain things to qualify you as a business owner. As one member experienced recently MSP doesn't consider all self employed folks to be business owners. While we may all feel that is BS that is the reality until something changes. I wouldn't worry about Knaub unless you have questionable G&S. No one that I am aware of has taken more than 95 actual (not business) days to be issued a permit in the last 2 years. I wouldn't bother calling until you hit that mark. Best of luck to you.

The problem is my meeting G&S essentially depends on the person reviewing my case. I feel like I make a good case but then again we know of former Police Officers who have been denied :wtf: I know, I know... :deadhorse:

I guess I'm just getting antsy.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    The problem is my meeting G&S essentially depends on the person reviewing my case. I feel like I make a good case but then again we know of former Police Officers who have been denied :wtf: I know, I know... :deadhorse:

I guess I'm just getting antsy.
    Care to share your G&S? I personally have had MD Handgun Permits in more than one G&S category and I know others on MDS have as well. Perhaps we could respond better with more info.

bryanjusmc

Celer Silens Mortalis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Edgemere
    74 days mailbox to mailbox
    Grinchgrin_zps403b204e.gif

bryanjusmc

Celer Silens Mortalis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Edgemere
    So.... I have a question already, and I realize YANAL.

Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 4-102
    Says carry is off limits at school

Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 4-203
    Says wear, carry, transport is prohibited, at school but provides exception for permit holders.

What gives?

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Wait time is currently running at 6 years (length of my residency here) for this peasant...

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    So.... I have a question already, and I realize YANAL.

Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 4-102
    Says carry is off limits at school

Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 4-203
    Says wear, carry, transport is prohibited, at school but provides exception for permit holders.

What gives?

To my knowledge, schools are always off limits. The general assembly just passed a bill allowing off duty LEO to carry on school grounds.

divingraven

Apr 24, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Sent Application via UPS on 6/18/2015
    Received 6/19/2015
    Cashed Check 6/23/2015
    As my G&S, I used two different LLC's (Land Rental and Lawn Maintenance) of which I'm a member. Just to see what happens, I also used my profession designation as a CPA. Not sure where that will go.
    I'll update as the process moves along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom