• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    No connections whatsoever. I was amazed when he called me tonight to tell me. A little pissed, too LOL. I submitted mine on 12/08 and haven't heard yet, but I'm a little more anxious now.

How old are you vs. your father? Maybe age had something to do with it.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    No connections whatsoever. I was amazed when he called me tonight to tell me. A little pissed, too LOL. I submitted mine on 12/08 and haven't heard yet, but I'm a little more anxious now.

What was his reason and your reason for the permit?

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    What was his reason and your reason for the permit?

The same- business owners. He had a letter from his bank while I had a stack of deposit slips, receipts from wire transfers (leaving the Arundel Mills Wal-Mart with $8500 cash from a Money Gram transfer, LOL. If that aint G&S I don't know what is) and cash receipts.

We did have different investigating troopers. His called all of his references the day after his interview. It was almost a month before my references had been called. I'm sure that's the difference.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I am aware of reports of Troopers who have been assigned investigations that have gone out on vacation or sick leave, as well as extended leave or special assignment. I have also known applicants, including my own application, where files were "misplaced" or lost. Last year, this was approaching about 30% of submitted documents.

I believe the "granting" of civil rights to Maryland Handgun Permit applicants is simply not a priority for, or to the political advantage of the MSP at this time.

In states such as Utah, VA, and even PA, that respect civil rights, you can nearly guarantee an efficient and timely response to your application - with both public safety and customer service as equal goals.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I did not display my Utah permit at my MSP interview and question him as to why Utah would give me one but MD won't. Just does not seem to be a good interview tactic to jump on the offensive with someone you are trying to get something from....permit, job, etc. I did however mention that I have a Utah permit, if only to make him aware that I had passed a background check to obtain that permit.
    My interviewer went off on a speech about how letting the average citizen carry a handgun is not a good idea because in her words "guns make good people do bad things". Did i smile and make her happy? No, I jumped in with both feet and challenged her to back her assumption with facts. Did I get denied a permit for standing up for the truth? No. You don't have to be an *******, you only have to be right.

Unknown User

Oct 19, 2014
    Maryland
    Check cleared in November, just got my mail today stating that my permit request was Disapproved. I have 10 days to request an informal review of my application......

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Check cleared in November, just got my mail today stating that my permit request was Disapproved. I have 10 days to request an informal review of my application......
    Always request that informal review. What was your G&S? What reason did they give for denial?

Unknown User

Oct 19, 2014
    Maryland
    Always request that informal review. What was your G&S? What reason did they give for denial?

it says " Title 5-306, of the Annotated code of Maryland, establishes the qualifications and procedures for the issuance of a handgun permit. Based on that criteria, your request for a handgun permit has been disapproved."

My reason for a permit was for "work purposes". I already own multiple firearms so I don't know what the problem is.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    it says " Title 5-306, of the Annotated code of Maryland, establishes the qualifications and procedures for the issuance of a handgun permit. Based on that criteria, your request for a handgun permit has been disapproved."

My reason for a permit was for "work purposes". I already own multiple firearms so I don't know what the problem is.

I would bet that's the G&S part, they are referencing.

Sorry!
    Jim Smith

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    My interviewer went off on a speech about how letting the average citizen carry a handgun is not a good idea because in her words "guns make good people do bad things". Did i smile and make her happy? No, I jumped in with both feet and challenged her to back her assumption with facts. Did I get denied a permit for standing up for the truth? No. You don't have to be an *******, you only have to be right.

I'd have asked if she's one of the "good people" and when she went off the deep end. What utter BS. :mad54:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

Work purposes as in a security job? Did a company sponsor you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom