Want a AK LaRue Iron Dot? Well theres this!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Is the reason those three don't co because thier base is to high?

All models should cowitness with decent optics from what I have read. I know Primary Arms Aimpoint Micro Clones dont allow enough clearance in the optics to adjust for some micro mounts for cowitness on AK's

They all shoul dhave Irons in the Lower 1/3 of the optic and the dot right above the irons.

This is all speculation till I mount and get a chance to test fire.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    All models should cowitness with decent optics from what I have read. I know Primary Arms Aimpoint Micro Clones dont allow enough clearance in the optics to adjust for some micro mounts for cowitness on AK's

They all shoul dhave Irons in the Lower 1/3 of the optic and the dot right above the irons.

This is all speculation till I mount and get a chance to test fire.

COOL.

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    I sold my Irondot, didn't like the Fastfire for the most part and no options for a different sight.

I'm still looking for a good AK set up. Whoever comes up with one will have the better mousetrap.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I put an order in with the Primary Arms MD 6 (I think thats the model#). It's supposed to co-witness. We'll see after it arrives...

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Just arrived today.

The MD-06 does cowitness with the iron sights. The laser is canted on the side, to allow the use of the iron sights on the lower half. Note: Removal of the picatinny base is a must for the MD-06.

Bore-sighted in close enough, time to go to the range to fine tune.

Attachments

• MI mini_dot (2) (Medium).JPG
      MI mini_dot (2) (Medium).JPG
      86.4 KB · Views: 302
    Last edited:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    They're running a special, a Primary Arms MD-06 with that mount for $159.95, if anyone's interested. Might have to take a closer look at this after the match...

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I have it installed now but I havent been to a range to live fire it. I did test it with live ammo in a test trap but that only shows me it wont fall off. I have no hold zero info yet.

I like the setup for what it is. Too many screws for my taste but I know why they are there. Ease of user install and variations in AK Rear Sight Bases. I woud prefer an oversized sight that needed to be fitted but no one would buy them except gunsmiths.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have it installed now but I havent been to a range to live fire it. I did test it with live ammo in a test trap but that only shows me it wont fall off. I have no hold zero info yet.

I like the setup for what it is. Too many screws for my taste but I know why they are there. Ease of user install and variations in AK Rear Sight Bases. I woud prefer an oversized sight that needed to be fitted but no one would buy them except gunsmiths.

So that bucket of gravel inside your van did the trick? :lol:

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    October 22nd is when im going to have the S223 down at the range, ill be able to give a report on it.

with mine i've found that the leaf spring holds the sight down WITHOUT the front screw in, and on the S223 it fits a bit tightly between the trunnion 'ears' or whatever which help holds it down...i actually have no screws holding it in/down/whatever and its rather secure...i also got lucky in that i did not need an elevation screw to adjust the high, its at the perfect high resting on the trunnion.

i can shake it around and such and it does not move, but i can still lift it up if i want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom