• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Dogbone, we need some demographics. And an alternate communication path. Been doing some recon and thinking hard on this, but am reluctant to post here. Are you starting a email distribution list?

*** When any nation mistrusts its citizens with firearms, it is sending a clear message. It no longer trusts its citizens because the government has evil plans - George Washington ***

I have been sending a few PMs to try to update infrequent posters and keep them in the loop. I agree an alternate line of communication might be useful at times but despite the klunkiness of the forum as a comm tool, it does serve as a useful way to spread word of the project.

Maybe I am not being concerned enough about OpSec but what we are doing is well within the letter and spirit of election laws. I don't want to keep this a secret. I want every gun owner in the state to know about it and tell all their friends, family, etc. about it.

I put in the Comments/Suggestions that a area like the Water Cooler should be made for stuff like this .

Calling Annapolis tomorrow as Cecil County doesn't do VR classes :tdown:

Question with this bassackwards state is the training only good for your county?
    once trained think it might be better to assist in counties that need it since Cecil County is a "safe" area but others need all the help they can get.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I think that would be wonderful! Great PR for our side as they try to trample not only our RKBA but our right to vote. :)

But they are probably too scared of EBRs to get within a mile of a gun shop.

You really think it would be reported that way? Lil ol' me doesn't want to find out.

*** When any nation mistrusts its citizens with firearms, it is sending a clear message. It no longer trusts its citizens because the government has evil plans - George Washington ***

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I put in the Comments/Suggestions that a area like the Water Cooler should be made for stuff like this .

Calling Annapolis tomorrow as Cecil County doesn't do VR classes :tdown:

Question with this bassackwards state is the training only good for your county?
    once trained think it might be better to assist in counties that need it since Cecil County is a "safe" area but others need all the help they can get.

Training is good statewide. The only reason to be trained in your county is for your convenience. Once you have the certification, you can set up anywhere in MD. I was trained in HoCo and set up in AA.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I think that would be wonderful! Great PR for our side as they try to trample not only our RKBA but our right to vote. :)

But they are probably too scared of EBRs to get within a mile of a gun shop.

My assessment of the press suggests otherwise. Call or pm if you want to know what I would do if I were playing opposition. You will not like it. And frankly only the left could get away with it. But they will get away with it, and we need to deal with the facts on the ground.

shallnorinfringe I think has the right idea.

Right now we really need no PR at all in my opinion. Stay below the radar and get stuff done.

Let them guess what we are up to. ;)

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    My assessment of the press suggests otherwise. Call or pm if you want to know what I would do if I were playing opposition. You will not like it. And frankly only the left could get away with it. But they will get away with it, and we need to deal with the facts on the ground.

shallnorinfringe I think has the right idea.

Right now we really need no PR at all in my opinion. Stay below the radar and get stuff done.

Let them guess what we are up to. ;)

Yeah, our side would likely get trashed in the MSM should any sort of confrontation occur.:sad20:

There are some advantages to discussing initial and general plans on an open forum. Voter registration is a numbers game. To get those numbers and get people involved we have to get the word out. Just posting often enough to keep this thread on the first page keeps bringing new folks into the game.

Are enough antis trolling/lurking to interfere with a VRV program here? I don't know. I do know if we don't use the MDS forum as a communication channel to get things started nothing will get off the ground.

I am not saying every aspect of the project should be or will be discussed here. There are always wheels within wheels.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Pretty sure you can't do that when doing registration..Very big no no. Don't even think about it.....

Can use the power of suggestion? Which technically is NOT telling them what to do.

As in: Democrats are pond scum sucking bastards who are out to ruin the United States of America.

With a follow-up statement of: You look like a smart (add gender here).

With a follow-up question of: Do you really want to be like them?

Then wait for their answer. Remember that in sales, the first person to talk looses.

Using the above formula, I didn't TELL them to vote for anyone.

Just a thought.

Just my .02

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Can use the power of suggestion? Which technically is NOT telling them what to do.

As in: Democrats are pond scum sucking bastards who are out to ruin the United States of America.

Which is exactly the sort of thing anyone looking to f' with us would be looking for you to try.

By trying to register customers at a gun shop we are already pretty much assured they will be pro2A. If that is the case, I am not particularly concerned which party they choose to affiliate with.

If you have taken the certification training, at the end of it you swore an oath to play by the rules. Does that have any meaning for you?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Which is exactly the sort of thing anyone looking to f' with us would be looking for you to try.

By trying to register customers at a gun shop we are already pretty much assured they will be pro2A. If that is the case, I am not particularly concerned which party they choose to affiliate with.

If you have taken the certification training, at the end of it you swore an oath to play by the rules. Does that have any meaning for you?

I was adding a moment of levity.

If we don't take a "chill-pill" once in a while we're all going to develop heart disease and die.

Then the pond scum sucking bastards (AKA: Democrats) will win.

Look to your left. See the snake? See my name? See the clever wording under my name?

I don't want the Democrats to win.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I was adding a moment of levity.

If we don't take a "chill-pill" once in a while we're all going to develop heart disease and die.

Then the pond scum sucking bastards (AKA: Democrats) will win.

Look to your left. See the snake? See my name? See the clever wording under my name?

I don't want the Democrats to win.

Just realize that one man's joke is another's establishment of the elements of conspiracy.

Which means even innocent mistakes will look like something more if we are not above reproach. We will not get a pass..

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Yeah, our side would likely get trashed in the MSM should any sort of confrontation occur.:sad20:

There are some advantages to discussing initial and general plans on an open forum. Voter registration is a numbers game. To get those numbers and get people involved we have to get the word out. Just posting often enough to keep this thread on the first page keeps bringing new folks into the game.

Are enough antis trolling/lurking to interfere with a VRV program here? I don't know. I do know if we don't use the MDS forum as a communication channel to get things started nothing will get off the ground.

I am not saying every aspect of the project should be or will be discussed here. There are always wheels within wheels.

Basically as long as they do not know exactly where or when in advance there is no issue.

Its fine for general info.. never meant to suggest otherwise. Frankly, they can guess our general game plan, just like I can guess theirs. .....

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    here is the response from the state board , following up with my county

There are no regularly scheduled classes for voter registration volunteers, either at the state board or the local boards. State law does not require such training, it simply states that local boards do not have to supply materials and assistance to anyone who has not been trained. I believe that Cecil County can provide that training (which would certainly be more convenient than you making arrangements to come to our office in Annapolis). I would suggest that you give the count office a call and request voter registration volunteer training.

Please let me know if we can be of any more assistance.

Voter Registration Manager of Operations
    State Board of Elections
    Office Phone: 410-269-2862

deleted names

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    wish cecil county would update there site. Called over to them and they say come over any open hours and we will do a quick class . Now just to squeeze the hours in and get my wife to go :D

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Could you tell me how to find the training information for Howard County? I poked around on their web site but was unable to successfully negotiate the maze. I would like to sign up and maybe do a local gun shop registration day.

Probably the quickest way to get the information is to give them a call:

Howard County
    9770 Patuxent Woods Drive, Suite 200
    Columbia MD 21046
    410-313-5820

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    This is a great idea. I only scanned the thread but has there been consideration on seeing if we can't get a table at local gun shows to attract other like minded non registered?

Also, if anyone wants to take the Montgomery County Class, I'm willing to take an afternoon off.

Welcome to the project!

SNI has checked out the Silverado shows and they already have VRVs at every show. (http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=2343018&postcount=27)

Not a bad idea to talk to some of the other gun show promoters, though.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Cecil County folks this was the simplest and least painful 10 minutes of my life in dealing with the government :)

Voter Registered Training : Wife and I Done
    Voter Registration Forms: A unopened package of em
    Gun Store to sit in front of:Thats Next

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom