• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I am tired of the defeatism and "move away" attitude. You cannot run. People fled Baltimore for the rural areas, now are bringing the disease. Think they cannot find you in WV? Think again. When they grow to hate the crime and crowded conditions, and the schools suck, they'll move farther out. Gotta fight it where you are.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I am tired of the defeatism and "move away" attitude. You cannot run. People fled Baltimore for the rural areas, now are bringing the disease. Think they cannot find you in WV? Think again. When they grow to hate the crime and crowded conditions, and the schools suck, they'll move farther out. Gotta fight it where you are.

Or where you will be. Only where is in question.. may as well learn the game here. And we have a lot to learn. ...

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I've perused this thread all the way thought, although I admit that I didn't fully read everything, so if I talk about something that has already been covered, I apologize in advance.

I considered changing my party affiliation and doing the DINO thing, I truly did. We talked about it a lot right here on the forum, and in concept, it sounds like a great idea.

However, as someone earlier in the thread pointed out, there are way too many freeloaders in this state, and even if every single one of us on this forum changed party affiliation for the DINO movement and voted for the lesser of those evils, it still would have barely made a dent, due to the sheer numbers of the aforementioned freeloaders.

I believe that Maryland is toast. Done. Baked. Has exceeded critical mass. Has tipped over the edge. Is past the point of no return. Between the residents of Baltimore City and PG county, and the idealists of Montgomery and Howard counties, I don't believe this state will ever see another Republican governor, and it doesn't matter how grossly incompetent the current party in power is. All we have to do is look at Owe'Malley's unbelievable incompetence and record in his first term. He raised taxes higher in his first term than had ever been done before in the HISTORY of the state, drove the state further into the red than any other time in the history of the state, and yet in spite of those failures, not to mention his failures to keep virtually all of his campaign promises, and yet the libtards in this state reelected the man. It boggles the mind.

It doesn't matter if Anthony Brown is more of the same - he'll still get elected, and probably by larger margins than his predecessor due to his skin tone, which is in spite of the fact that he's not African American.

I'm truly not trying to bring a negative vibe to this thread, but that's the reality as I see it.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    I've perused this thread all the way thought, although I admit that I didn't fully read everything, so if I talk about something that has already been covered, I apologize in advance.

I considered changing my party affiliation and doing the DINO thing, I truly did. We talked about it a lot right here on the forum, and in concept, it sounds like a great idea.

However, as someone earlier in the thread pointed out, there are way too many freeloaders in this state, and even if every single one of us on this forum changed party affiliation for the DINO movement and voted for the lesser of those evils, it still would have barely made a dent, due to the sheer numbers of the aforementioned freeloaders.

I believe that Maryland is toast. Done. Baked. Has exceeded critical mass. Has tipped over the edge. Is past the point of no return. Between the residents of Baltimore City and PG county, and the idealists of Montgomery and Howard counties, I don't believe this state will ever see another Republican governor, and it doesn't matter how grossly incompetent the current party in power is. All we have to do is look at Owe'Malley's unbelievable incompetence and record in his first term. He raised taxes higher in his first term than had ever been done before in the HISTORY of the state, drove the state further into the red than any other time in the history of the state, and yet in spite of those failures, not to mention his failures to keep virtually all of his campaign promises, and yet the libtards in this state reelected the man. It boggles the mind.

It doesn't matter if Anthony Brown is more of the same - he'll still get elected, and probably by larger margins than his predecessor due to his skin tone, which is in spite of the fact that he's not African American.

I'm truly not trying to bring a negative vibe to this thread, but that's the reality as I see it.

Agreed! Get out now while you can.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Statewide elections may be out of reach for the DINO movement, but local elections, with small turnouts, aren't.

Senator Muse won his last primary by 300 votes. That is a margin the DINO movement could impact.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    It can be done but it is an uphill battle. My home (preferred) state was in the liberal bag and Democratic since the 40's. It finally got bad enough that the last mid-term elections the Republican Party not only took the Governor but both houses in Maine.

They did lose ground in last election cycle.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    We're losing anyway so let's quit. Eff that! I'm sick and tired of losers. That is a loser's way of thinking. I have no stomach for losing. Never quit, never give up. I have been involved in sports all my life. I have never lost. I have run out of time on occasion, but have never lost. There is a big difference.

The numbers can be quite daunting, but it can be done. Terry Lynn DeGraw is running for Delegate in the newly created 31A. It was gerrymandered specifically to gain a D seat in the House. The demographics are 2 to 1 against us. She ran a low profile primary because there was no R challenger. The results were quite eye opening. I firmly believe that with some careful planning, hard work, and the help of people like Ragnar, she can win.

When you look at raw numbers it's enough to say it will never happen. However when you break them down, it pretty easy to determine exactly what must be done in order to win. We will have a plan that will garner enough votes to win. We will do all the work necessary to carry out the plan.

The end result will be left to the voters, but even if it doesn't go as planned, she will not have lost. She will only lose if she gives up. I promise that won't happen.

We are at war for the very existence of our rights. It's ok to get beaten in a few battles along the way as long as we win. If we quit we cannot win.

Derek Jeter is a hall of fame player, yet he fails 7 out of every 10 attempts. He still comes back up to the plate. Michael Jordan missed way more shots than he made over the course of his career. You are guaranteed not to score on the shots you don't take.

I will not quit until my last breath no matter what the battle. Don't come here and complain about losing your rights while giving up your vote. Don't quit.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I know this may confuse some, but here's the reality as I see it.

DINO, while effective, is near-useless over the next 4 months.

Yes, we can still tell candidates we're "Democrats", but the fact is we simply need to be determined, mouthy, consistent Citizen-Voters.

I'm looking to gather more info over the next couple weeks, but I'm fairly certain we need to be all-in, and stay busy.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I know this may confuse some, but here's the reality as I see it.

DINO, while effective, is near-useless over the next 4 months.

Yes, we can still tell candidates we're "Democrats", but the fact is we simply need to be determined, mouthy, consistent Citizen-Voters.

I'm looking to gather more info over the next couple weeks, but I'm fairly certain we need to be all-in, and stay busy.

I agree. While I don't want to discuss details of strategy, it will not be party specific.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    It's obvious the disjointed DINO concept had little effect. Now it's time to get serious. We need the conservative vote in November. The defeatist attitude has to end. We need every vote. I'm tired of hearing that someone doesn't vote because it's "predetermined" or "their vote doesn't count". That is a loser mentality. I godamnguaranttee that each and every person who voted for Frosh thinks their vote was the one that brought him to victory and that their vote was important to the win.

The ONLY way to end this nightmare is for everyone to vote. This means directing efforts to convince people to vote and to register to vote. I know that I was responsible for getting 5 people to register and vote who are adults yet never bothered to vote. If each one of us can do that there is a good chance of turning things around.

it was obvious from its inception that it would have no effect

Dec 31, 2012
    Statewide elections may be out of reach for the DINO movement, but local elections, with small turnouts, aren't.

Senator Muse won his last primary by 300 votes. That is a margin the DINO movement could impact.

Exactly the point of the whole movement. Start with local changes and let them percolate upwards. Local turn over is the real key. Anyone who thought they were going to oust Brown was living in a delusion.

WE were all in...

Now it's time to put the whole state in, with a vengeance.

The electorate goes far behind the MDS membership.

We we're all in for a few months. We need to be all in for years and bring others.

Who realistically expected a few hundred voters scattered across Maryland to swing every election? Come on. This is just the warm up for next time.

You need to be proselytizing on a normal basis to bring others to the DINO fold over the next few years.

It is a numbers game requiring sustained effort.

it was obvious from its inception that it would have no effect

this time

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Dam it.....this whole situation makes me sick. I love this state minus the undesirables but it really does not look good for the future. Hell I'm taking a job in Saudi as an expat so IRS and MD cannot tax my foreign earned income and benefit from my labor.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    It is apparent to me that the "big winners" yesterday were those who advertised the most, and strategically.

So, LIVs were really the ones who pushed them over the top.

Overcoming that will be a huge challenge, since these folks will generally stick with the names they know and hear the most.

It takes $$$ to do this ^^^. Let's hope Hogan and other Conservatives can generate it.

I agree.

We created awareness and enthusiasm, which were primary goals.

Where it fell short was in saturation, and in underestimating the general apathy of Marylanders (which will be EVERYONE's downfall).

There is so much apathy among our community. There are too many people who see SB281 as the final attack on the Death Star and it failed. The overwhelming feeling is that the only way to win now is to move. There was low voter turn-out in this election. That includes both sides. If enough people were energized, we truly COULD have made a difference. The million dollar question is "how do we get people away from this defeatist attitude"?

Remember the 40% of those that signed the books for opposition to SB281 at the Senate Gun Bill Hearings in February 2013 not being registered voters??? Of course you do. If that 40% registered AND voted yesterday (R or DINO), the results would've shown in the numbers. :mad54:

Dec 31, 2012
    Remember the 40% of those that signed the books for opposition to SB281 at the Senate Gun Bill Hearings in February 2013 not being registered voters??? Of course you do. If that 40% registered AND voted yesterday (R or DINO), the results would've shown in the numbers. :mad54:

40% unregistered, that makes me ill.

The apathy is overwhelming.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Again, there is nothing corroborating that number.

Best we know, it was a staffer looking up emails signed one way, and the person may have been registered to vote with a different form of the name.

Sure, there were probably a good number of them that could be discounted, but no way it was 40%

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    It is all about turnout. About getting conservatives to vote and getting liberals to stay home.

It really is that simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom