• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    We need to craft our message to them...

For people who live in Central Maryland, esp Baltimore, people really need to understand the lengths the Democrats/Unions go to protect the rank and file at the expense of public safety and education. Exhibit A is the Correctional officer mess brought to you by the union bill of rights, which prevents the state from firing officers who have babies with gang leaders and smuggle drugs. Exhibit B are tenure rules that shield teachers from review and evaluation. People who can leave, do, leaving the worst of the worst in public schools in Baltimore. The system creates educational inequality and poor/minorities suffer.

I think you'd be surprised, the message resonates with parents and residents. People instinctively understand self interest and when someone else's self interest is not theirs.

I think for too long R and centrist Dems have been afraid to but heads with the unions because of the money/power. But, we have a lot of experiments around the country going on, like vouchers in LA, and people are going to demand results. Soon. DeBlasio in NYC tried to kill charter schools and parents rebelled. Detroit is one giant laboratory.

I dont think you can change people's minds without concrete results to point to, no matter how resonating the message is. But...once people decide to try a little taste of sugar, whomever is positioned to give it to them will win.

Dec 31, 2012
    Good stuff in this thread. I'm so gad to see most people not just give up. This is a long term struggle.
    To those who have given up before the fight has begun, keep the defeatism to yourself. It's like a plague that spreads.
    You're in it for the long term or you just don't yet have a grasp on what it's going to take to change things.

So you lost the first battle, there are many more to come.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It kind of was. Even if you could get enough seats that, if you could go back in time and vote on 281 again, you could stop it from passing, now that it's passed, you will need much larger numbers to ever hope to repeal it. It's a lot more politically dangerous to try to repeal a bill like that than to oppose it at its inception, because if it is repealed and then a shooting happens, that politician's opponent can be blamed for that shooting. (legitimately, no...but it will sway the average voting moron)

It was because people hung their hat on SB281 and can't see beyond it. There is a LOT more that can be done to make things worse. There are a lot of things that can be done to make things better.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It was because people hung their hat on SB281 and can't see beyond it. There is a LOT more that can be done to make things worse. There are a lot of things that can be done to make things better.

It's unfortunate that more folks don't realize that the resilience against SB281 prevented us all from becoming criminals overnight...

Dec 31, 2012
    Lot of (I) I talked to said they would have voted Gans or Miz so we need to convince those people to just vote republican otherwise they're voting a loss.

That's you're next assignment right there. ^^^^
    Add to it that I know D's who voted that way because they don't like Brown.

It's unfortunate that more folks don't realize that the resilience against SB281 prevented us all from becoming criminals overnight...

:thumbsup:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

As bad as things are in MD... they are not NJ, or NY. Could have been a LOT worse.

Our presence there actually did do a lot. A lot of people see anything other than blocking the bill in it's entirety as a loss. In some respects it is a loss, but could have been worse. If the apathy continues, they can always incrementally pass all the stuff that was taken out of the original bill.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I've never spent more or worked harder on an election than I have this year, and I will continue to fight as long as I live here, including this November. But I'm also starting to think about an exit plan. If we end up with Brown and Frosh this fall for the next 8 years, I don't think I can tolerate it.

Also, in some important ways, we're killing ourselves. Ask Mike Smigiel about how the Republican Party in Cecil County stacked the primary against him in order to get more "mainstream" Republicans in Annapolis. They ran spoilers to drain off just enough votes that he missed the third spot among District 36 Rs by 142 votes. Ridiculous.

I think I know what's going on. I have always known that something was up. Money talks...

Anyway... I am on plan D... trust me no shame in moving on..just realise the fight starts again at the new venue...

Baltimore will kill Md and enough md's will kill the us. If we fight is not the question. The only question is where .

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    For people who live in Central Maryland, esp Baltimore, people really need to understand the lengths the Democrats/Unions go to protect the rank and file at the expense of public safety and education. Exhibit A is the Correctional officer mess brought to you by the union bill of rights, which prevents the state from firing officers who have babies with gang leaders and smuggle drugs. Exhibit B are tenure rules that shield teachers from review and evaluation. People who can leave, do, leaving the worst of the worst in public schools in Baltimore. The system creates educational inequality and poor/minorities suffer.

I think you'd be surprised, the message resonates with parents and residents. People instinctively understand self interest and when someone else's self interest is not theirs.

I think for too long R and centrist Dems have been afraid to but heads with the unions because of the money/power. But, we have a lot of experiments around the country going on, like vouchers in LA, and people are going to demand results. Soon. DeBlasio in NYC tried to kill charter schools and parents rebelled. Detroit is one giant laboratory.

I dont think you can change people's minds without concrete results to point to, no matter how resonating the message is. But...once people decide to try a little taste of sugar, whomever is positioned to give it to them will win.

I don't plan to win. I plan to fight. If I wanted to win I would let Baltimore implode. If I wanted to win right now I would help it implode ;)

This is all prep work... we still need the cascade failure as a catalyst... to soon, before the prepwork , things get worse... to late... none of us survive..

Just right is hard to judge. All I am sure of is a failure now, before the prepwork is too soon

And I remain thankful I will die childless.

Do we give it a shot? That's the only question.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Time to get Serious

:)

th

bpSchoch

Jan 16, 2009
    Bethesda, MD
    Wife and I did the Dino thing in 16, obviously not happy with results.

But going forward we have to try new tactics such as playing on concept that people aren't happy with government.

We need to be pushing CHANGE!

INSANITY: Expecting change and voting the same people in again

Don't complain about Taxes (including RAIN Tax) if you re-elect the same people in.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I didn't mean to offend or upset anyone regarding my DINO comment. My issue was in my opinion for it to have worked there needed to be a concrete strategy. Take the AG race as an example. If the Braveboy votes went to Cardin he would have won. How many DINO's voted for Braveboy and how many for Cardin? I'm not looking for a number, just making a point. Not voting for Frosh wasn't enough. In all honesty, I am more worried about him winning than Brown.

My biggest fear is the Romney effect. If the Independents don't like Hogan and stay home, it's just as good as a vote for Brown.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I've never spent more or worked harder on an election than I have this year, and I will continue to fight as long as I live here, including this November. But I'm also starting to think about an exit plan. If we end up with Brown and Frosh this fall for the next 8 years, I don't think I can tolerate it.

Also, in some important ways, we're killing ourselves. Ask Mike Smigiel about how the Republican Party in Cecil County stacked the primary against him in order to get more "mainstream" Republicans in Annapolis. They ran spoilers to drain off just enough votes that he missed the third spot among District 36 Rs by 142 votes. Ridiculous.

You sir, have more skin in this game than anyone I know! Well, except for one other person, and we both know who that is,

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    Its also good to keep in mind that in the whole voting process its really not about pro-2A or anti-2A candidates.

For a huge % of voters, that's just a tiny minor side issue that has very little to do with what they care about. 2A as a voting block is not that large, tends to vote (R), and is easy to swallow up or forget about in a (D) state. That's why the whole DINO thing is so important to get into--in serious numbers.

For the (D) candidates, they mostly only see any 2A issue as an easy social values-type vote. Its not a primary plank, its not how they plan to help the economy, or anything that is really critical to their base at all. Its more of an "and I also did this!" type thing. Most of the Democratic base accept this as a good thing, and move on. No one really pays a lot of attention to it.

It may be rough to think about as an aside, but that's what it is. This is also why the (R) candidates sometimes turn against 2A values, or ignore them entirely. It is just a small issue, politically speaking.

The only way to fix that, is to do the same things that other minorities have done. Again, look at the Gay Rights movement, or any Civil Rights movement.

2A has a HUGE advantage right off the bat though--it is so explictly covered in the Bill of Rights that any infringement is challengable in the courts. So there is actually much faster traction for us than other civil rights groups, as the courts will sometimes weigh in.

However it may be time to seriously study, or even reach out to the 2A communities of CA., NJ., NY, and IL. Some of the things they have done have been spectacularly successful, and also we can avoid the mistakes as well.

Gundahar

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Coke or Pepsi

Republican or Democrat

There is no practical difference. Both are sell outs to the special interest groups NOT the citizens who elected them. Get the $$$ out of politics, get active and informed voters and maybe there will be hope in Marylandistan.

Apathy and ignorance of the electorate is one of the chief problems and it aint gonna change in MD.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I didn't mean to offend or upset anyone regarding my DINO comment. My issue was in my opinion for it to have worked there needed to be a concrete strategy. Take the AG race as an example. If the Braveboy votes went to Cardin he would have won. How many DINO's voted for Braveboy and how many for Cardin? I'm not looking for a number, just making a point. Not voting for Frosh wasn't enough. In all honesty, I am more worried about him winning than Brown.

My biggest fear is the Romney effect. If the Independents don't like Hogan and stay home, it's just as good as a vote for Brown.
    I read your comment incorrectly is all.

The rapier is sheathed...
    (look up he latin word for sheath)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Coke or Pepsi

Republican or Democrat

There is no practical difference. Both are sell outs to the special interest groups NOT the citizens who elected them. Get the $$$ out of politics, get active and informed voters and maybe there will be hope in Marylandistan.

Apathy and ignorance of the electorate is one of the chief problems and it aint gonna change in MD.

Of course by electorate you mean everybody else and by special interest you mean all the ones you disagree with. Got it.

I promise not to lobby on your behalf any more :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom