• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BaltimoreBass

Nov 13, 2008
    Baltimore
    They told me 15% of the purchase price plus $75. I'm not sure if the remaining balance is refunded as cash or store credit.

My latest purchase with them was in June so I likely won't see it until Christmas at best.

Bel Air Guy

Jul 29, 2013
    I submitted my paperwork the week the law suit was dropped against MSP. I'm kicking myself for believing that process times would speed up, I should have known they would double (from 60 to 120) or worse. I only blame myself for being so gullible, and Continental for being so indifferent to their customers. As planned the new law is making the purchase of sport equipment a royal pain for those of us that trusted the state government (including MSP) and obeyed all the laws.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    They told me 15% of the purchase price plus $75. I'm not sure if the remaining balance is refunded as cash or store credit.

My latest purchase with them was in June so I likely won't see it until Christmas at best.

That is the policy if you CANCEL the purchase? Is that the charge if you transfer it to another dealer or if you simply don't buy it there at all?

BaltimoreBass

Nov 13, 2008
    Baltimore
    That is the policy if you CANCEL the purchase? Is that the charge if you transfer it to another dealer or if you simply don't buy it there at all?

Yes, that is their cancellation policy. I'm not sure what the transfer fee is to send it to a better FLL but I'll find out later this month if they haven't changed their release policy by then.

Bel Air Guy

Jul 29, 2013
    I'll be going down for a visit soon. I am picking up an M&P from the Bank Saturday and want to talk to them about transfers to their shop. I know they were taking them when I submitted paperwork last Friday. Then it's down to Continental to see how much it will cost to have them transfer it to the Bank. That would leave just enough time to pass before I could pick it up (I can only get 1 every 30 days) in mid Sept.. Any major issues and I guess I'll just cancel the order.

RavensFan11

May 28, 2013
    Timonium
    Just a quick update..picked up my SR9 from Continental this week and had 2 pleasant surprises. First was that they provided me the necessary lock to take possession for no cost...I had to pay $20 for one at another FFL. Secondly, as a buyer there, I received an hour of free range time....which I used last evening. The ladies at the front desk were very friendly and the range officer was helpful and friendly as he always is when I am there. I know they are frustrating many of us by not releasing and I do think they will pay a cost for that in lost future sales...but it is their business to run. I just figured it was fair to also give them props for some good, customer friendly policies that they also have....

defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Just a quick update..picked up my SR9 from Continental this week and had 2 pleasant surprises. First was that they provided me the necessary lock to take possession for no cost...I had to pay $20 for one at another FFL. Secondly, as a buyer there, I received an hour of free range time....which I used last evening. The ladies at the front desk were very friendly and the range officer was helpful and friendly as he always is when I am there. I know they are frustrating many of us by not releasing and I do think they will pay a cost for that in lost future sales...but it is their business to run. I just figured it was fair to also give them props for some good, customer friendly policies that they also have....

Nice!

Their range crew has been pretty good, in my experiences there.

Ziggy has also been mildly pleasant to me once or twice.

They're not bad ALL the time....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Somebody said they felt like a"bother". Well thats what I felt about two weeks ago.

I have been looking at a Rem. AAC 16.5 in. 308. Well they were the only place locally that I knew had one. So I decided to make the drive.

Well from past dealings with them I knew I didnt want to be helped by balding/long hair in the back guy. Sorry for that description, but I dont know is name. From past dealings I knew I wasnt going to be treated like I was wanted there. Well of course thats who I got.

He showed me the rifle and let me compare the 20". I was kinda undecided and he put them back. Then a cop came in to lookeffect at athe. 22 and went to him never coming back to me. I thought what a dick. I mean I was still standing in the rifle section in front where they keep the Rems.

An older gentleman came up to me and showed me the rifles again. I told him I wanted the the 16.5 and he said great.

The rifle and I got walked over to the window where you pay and had to wait a minute or so because of other customers, which was no problem. I askes the older guy if tjey could give me a deal on some ammo, he said no. I was given my papeework to fill out and the older lady was very nice and took me into the lounge to fill it out. When I got back a to the window the tall balding guy was taking my money. As he was folding up my receipt and paperwork he slid the rifle box towards me.and said ...ok. That was it. After spending $998. I didnt even get a thank you.

I walked out sat in my truck for a few minutes and thought I just gave them 1k of my money and didnt get a ****ing thank you. I got out and walked back in wanting to see the owner or store manager. Well I saw the first office door open and I saw a man and women sitting in there and walked to the employees only line and waited. The guy came out the owner and I told him I just spent 1k in his store and didnt get a thank you. You know what he said to me.

"I dont know why they would do that". Thats it. After a few more words from me he dis say "Im sorry" and "I dont know why they would do that".

Not satisfied I just walked away from him and walked out.

I wont be spending any more money there or white marsh arms. Owned by the same guy.

I will save my observations of the tall balding guy.

Went to Duffys and wow what a difference in treatment. Only being in there once to fill out paperwork a week ago on a rifle Vince called me by my first name when I came into the store to pick it up.

That is how you keep customers.

**** continental and white marsh arms.

Chris05STi

Jul 15, 2012
    Anyone know what White Marsh Arms are at as far as dates? My paperwork ha been since 5 May. Anyone know if they are up to that date atleast?

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    :smoke: It is apparent that customers are dissatisfied with Continental Arms and White Marsh. Now my question is this, if you had such a bad experience, why in the eff did you go back to buy another gun or accessories? BECAUSE THEY HAD WHAT YOU WANTED OR NEEDED. Plain and simple. I bought my first semi at Continental in 1998 when the store consisted of maybe 8/ 900 square feet. Complaints were, they needed more room and inventory and better customer service. Two outta three ain't bad.

Now, for those of you who had a shitty experience. Be grateful they could get what you needed. For those of you who could have gotten a better deal elsewhere, it's YOUR fault you didn't do the effing leg-work to get the best deal, not the theirs. They have signs posted at the sales desk that explains their release policy and the fee's incurred if order is cancelled. They are business! If you expect an intimate relationship after dumping a grand of hard earned money on a machine, you bought the wrong machine Yes, guns are machines.

And while I am on my soap-box, when i joined MDSHOOTERS.COM we had a paltry 2,000 members, now we are in excess of 22,000. Out of that, how many discovered this forum from Continental?

Footnote; if you are due for renewal on your NRA membership, I am usually at Continental on Saturdays from noon till 5:00pm. Ten bucks off the annual and much more on other memberships. I host information on MSI, MDSHOOTER'S, 2A foundation.

carry on.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Somebody said they felt like a"bother". Well thats what I felt about two weeks ago.

I have been looking at a Rem. AAC 16.5 in. 308. Well they were the only place locally that I knew had one. So I decided to make the drive.

Well from past dealings with them I knew I didnt want to be helped by balding/long hair in the back guy. Sorry for that description, but I dont know is name. From past dealings I knew I wasnt going to be treated like I was wanted there. Well of course thats who I got.

He showed me the rifle and let me compare the 20". I was kinda undecided and he put them back. Then a cop came in to lookeffect at athe. 22 and went to him never coming back to me. I thought what a dick. I mean I was still standing in the rifle section in front where they keep the Rems.

An older gentleman came up to me and showed me the rifles again. I told him I wanted the the 16.5 and he said great.

The rifle and I got walked over to the window where you pay and had to wait a minute or so because of other customers, which was no problem. I askes the older guy if tjey could give me a deal on some ammo, he said no. I was given my papeework to fill out and the older lady was very nice and took me into the lounge to fill it out. When I got back a to the window the tall balding guy was taking my money. As he was folding up my receipt and paperwork he slid the rifle box towards me.and said ...ok. That was it. After spending $998. I didnt even get a thank you.

I walked out sat in my truck for a few minutes and thought I just gave them 1k of my money and didnt get a ****ing thank you. I got out and walked back in wanting to see the owner or store manager. Well I saw the first office door open and I saw a man and women sitting in there and walked to the employees only line and waited. The guy came out the owner and I told him I just spent 1k in his store and didnt get a thank you. You know what he said to me.

"I dont know why they would do that". Thats it. After a few more words from me he dis say "Im sorry" and "I dont know why they would do that".

Not satisfied I just walked away from him and walked out.

I wont be spending any more money there or white marsh arms. Owned by the same guy.

I will save my observations of the tall balding guy.

Went to Duffys and wow what a difference in treatment. Only being in there once to fill out paperwork a week ago on a rifle Vince called me by my first name when I came into the store to pick it up.

Vince is a GREAT guy. I used to only shop there until I had some problems with an employee there I wont mention. But Vince and Wilhelm, and Ed have ALWAYS treated me right.

seawolf823

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Dec 18, 2011
    Timonium

I totally agree Continental sucks and like you I went to Duffy's and just being there once with my wife to get her XDm, Vince knew me by first name when I went back a few days later to purchase a Glock 19 for me. Duffy's is highly recommended by me. They have A+ service

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Them having zero interest in supporting the largest gathering of firearm owners in MD is all I need to stay away.

Factor in the horrible service and high rates and there's really no reason to go.

Plenty of friendly...or at least GOOD IP's here that can get whatever you need. Many of them even say thank you and decide to spend a minimal amount of money to advertise and contribute to these forums.

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    :smoke: If you expect an intimate relationship after dumping a grand of hard earned money on a machine, you bought the wrong machine Yes, guns are machines.

If this is directed at me, no I dont expect an "Intimate relationship" but I do expect a thank you.

Their business motto is a little skewed. They are only there because they have customers willing to drop money in there establishment. They should and will learn that. Big doesnt mean they can be rude. They have lost me as a customer.

I had expected a phone call later from the owner just because I took the time to complain and not just go on a website and bad mouth......but I got no call.

Oh and I forgot to add. When I went to Duffy's I asked if he good give me a deal on some mags. and ammo. He gave me a great...I mean a great deal on mags. and ammo for my m1a. Not in anyway conected with Duffy's. Like I said I only been in there twice.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    As far as Duffy's goes, Vince is always a good guy but that so called mgr, John, should be kept in the back and never allowed to deal with people. Besides being a jackass he tried to rip me off on a suppressor one time and a time before that threatened me with sending some goons to my house if my check bounced. Made out like he was doing me a big favor even taking a $300 check, since I had bought from them before. I've stood there for 25 minutes waiting for service while he effs around looking at youtube videos then tells me they are closing. So Cont Arms isn't the only one with an ass hat working there. Yeah Cont Arms is high and doesn't do a 8 day release but they have a lot of stuff in stock you can't find elsewhere. Life's a trade off. With the exception of Ziggy everyone at Cont Arms has treated me well.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    And while I am on my soap-box, when i joined MDSHOOTERS.COM we had a paltry 2,000 members, now we are in excess of 22,000. Out of that, how many discovered this forum from Continental?
    Continental may have helped a lot of people discover MDS... after all if you Google "Continental Arms Sucks" the 3rd search result is from mdshooters.com

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    If this is directed at me, no I dont expect an "Intimate relationship" but I do expect a thank you.

Their business motto is a little skewed. They are only there because they have customers willing to drop money in there establishment. They should and will learn that. Big doesnt mean they can be rude. They have lost me as a customer.

I had expected a phone call later from the owner just because I took the time to complain and not just go on a website and bad mouth......but I got no call.

Oh and I forgot to add. When I went to Duffy's I asked if he good give me a deal on some mags. and ammo. He gave me a great...I mean a great deal on mags. and ammo for my m1a. Not in anyway conected with Duffy's. Like I said I only been in there twice.

nope, not directed at you, just at folks who spend money in general. i have seen threads shredding other gun shops, online gun brokers and the such. while i try to maintain a good relationship with all those who promote our 2A efforts locally, i also try to see points being made from every side. funny thing, i usually thank the seller for having what i need, matters not what their disposition is.

perhaps because i am around to many different places, including Pa., gun stores, i see the shit getting slung at many in the business, while seeing other folks completely content with the service? i have learned that THANK YOU goes both ways.

aaronn

Aug 8, 2013
    Baltimore
    I'll add my $.02. I've been avoiding Continental for years due to my colleagues having bad experiences there. However, I was looking to get my first carry pistol and wanted to try out a few and they are by far the closest range with a fairly large selection of rental guns.

I was helped by a shortish guy with a beard and a Sig shirt. He was a little brusque and not very enthusiastic, but he was very helpful and answered all of my dumb questions. He also only charged me for half of the guns I rented, which I thought was nice.

The only other people shooting at the time were polite and normal, whereas I've heard that sometimes that's not the case. Lastly, I thought 16.99 for a box of 9mm ammo was a very decent price.

So, I would go there again to shoot, but I don't think I'd buy a gun there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom