• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swoop

Say hello to my little...
    Mar 25, 2012
    MD
    Hello, I am currently a member of the military living in MD. Grew up in DE but now a resident of TX. So moving to MD made me a little depressed because I can not carry, as my TX CHL is not recognized by MD.:sad20: So if anyone can tell me about the recent legal ruling concerning carrying permits, please enligthen me about the out come and the road ahead. Thanks.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Welcome, and thanks for your service!

Nothing official has been decided about the ruling, nor is it likely to be decided soon. The general consensus is that Maryland will fight it tooth and nail. After all, it's our money, not theirs, that they're spending to defend the "good and substantial reason" requirement, and so far, they have little to fear from the voters.

Swoop

Mar 25, 2012
    MD
    Your welcome. Yeah, it appears the state is more focused on social equality issues rather then the rights of citizens. I am thinking of submitting a request to carry when I figure out all the different laws/regulations MD has for possessing firearms. Whats the worst they are going to say “NO”.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Hello, I am currently a member of the military living in MD. Grew up in DE but now a resident of TX. So moving to MD made me a little depressed because I can not carry, as my TX CHL is not recognized by MD.:sad20: So if anyone can tell me about the recent legal ruling concerning carrying permits, please enligthen me about the out come and the road ahead. Thanks.

welcome, and thanks for your service...I just retired from the AF...MD is way different than Tx. Stick around here you will learn a lot...The MD CC is on its way for everyone to be able to get it..

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    Welcome.
    I have in laws in Texas, and just got back from a vacation there. I love Texas. If at all possible, my wife and I are going to retire there.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Welcome!

As GNLaFrance said, we are all holding our breaths. Technically we are 'Shall Issue' now, but until the State can get their act together, and we get beyond any appeals, in reality, very little has changed. For folks that have put in their application, and MDSP are sitting on it, if something were to happen and they were discovered in possession with a firearm, I think the AG would have a very difficult time trying to prosecute anyone who had not received their permit because the MDSP were told to sit on the permits. Not trying to down play the significants of the possibility of still being charged for the mistermeanor and no one wants to have to hire a lawyer for something that is a right, so I suggest those that have waited this long to do things right; waiting a little longer probably won't change anything.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 55

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

Swoop

Mar 25, 2012
    MD
    Thanks y'all for the warm welcome. I am still reading through all the different layers of regulations/legislation involving just being able to possess a firearm in MD. Since I can still order ammo online than I am g2g. Sorry for the delay in responding as I am in the Stan right now, so I am awake while y’all sleep. Getting close to coming home so I’d figure start hitting the forums to find out where to go shoot and get some insight to the way things are in MD.

Minuteman, thanks and the day will come when the people will stand up and let their voices be heard. Sorry I can’t vote in MD to help y’all out but the best thing people can do is check the vote for all Republican candidates block at the ballot box come November. Also I agree with the quote you have. But my view is simple, when criminals have no fear of physical harm while committing a crime it only emboldens them instead of deterring them.

WILCAM47, Thanks. I hope it comes soon because the wife is starting to ask about being able to carry. If my wife is asking to carry then that should be an indication of how safe she feels.

Johnthetoolguy, I love the gun rights TX has. You can legally carry with no CHL in your car as it is considered an extension of your home. Let me know if there are any other Governors who carry and aren't afraid to use it. I also plan to retire in TX. If you have any questions about what each area is like hit me up. I've lived and travelled the whole state (except Houston, as there isn't much worth seeing their due to all the flooding and crime).

Swinokur, I am going to join MSI to help support y’all’s fight for the 2A right to carry.

Dave_MP, Thanks for the links I have been jumping to a ton of different sites trying to learn all the restrictions MD has and what 2A rights I do have in MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom