• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The HQL - Your Plans

Votes: 127 35.9%
    • Wait until I have something I want to buy, the suck it up.

Votes: 96 27.1%
    • No way. No HQL for me.

Votes: 95 26.8%
    • I'm moving out of MD and escaping all of this.

Votes: 36 10.2%

• Total voters

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Well, I just got back from buying my F***U OweMalley handgun. First place I went said I needed an HQL to receive after Oct. 1. I said Retired military and he said MSP told him it only exempted you from the training portion. He also said he didn't attend the training since people that went to different training got different stories about what was what. Said thanks and walked out (never to return). I had only gone there since I had heard they had something I was looking for. Went to my regular dealer and purchased something else just so I could say F***U OweMalley. He also told me the special edition Henry I had asked about would be in on Friday. Double win for him and hope he has no problems with sales in the future.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I will get my HQL ASAP. I applied for designated collector status, even though, at the time, I didn't think I'd need it. Then the SB281 debate heated up, and it sure became useful and I was thrilled I got it years earlier. I'm feeling the same way about the HQL. My fingerprints were taken for a CCW permit years ago, so they're already on file. Day may come when I see something i gotta have, so I'll be ready to pounce. Also, the laws may change yet again, and there may be some benefit for those who already have an HQL.

jspero

Aug 6, 2009
    One Foot Out The Door
    Moving. Can't get out for 6 years, but planning already in the works. This state is not fixable in my lifetime and I don't want my kids to become adults in a communist outpost. The 2A issues are only part of a larger set of problems here.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I will get my HQL ASAP. I applied for designated collector status, even though, at the time, I didn't think I'd need it. Then the SB281 debate heated up, and it sure became useful and I was thrilled I got it years earlier. I'm feeling the same way about the HQL. My fingerprints were taken for a CCW permit years ago, so they're already on file. Day may come when I see something i gotta have, so I'll be ready to pounce. Also, the laws may change yet again, and there may be some benefit for those who already have an HQL.

Your fingerprints being on file means nothing unless you actually have an active Carry Permit.

I am in state and fed databases for carry permit (active) and work-related matters. In any event, I can't imagine that, no matter why the prints were collected, they don't live on in government files forever.
    :tinfoil:

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    If you have a Maryland Permit to Carry a Handgun, you will only need to check a box on the online application and enter the permit number and a HQL will be issued. If yours is not a Maryland permit, you're screwed.

Beemerguy

Oct 6, 2012
    So as October 1 nears, I am curious where people are coming out on the HQL.

Are you going to go get it immediately?

Are you going to wait until you have a purchase you want to make?

Are you just swearing off handguns because you will be damned if you'll be fingerprinted like a criminal just for exercising your rights?

When folks ask me how many firearms I own, I tell them I have more than I need, and not as many as I want...

Having said that, I've accumulated a nice collection over the years, but it isn't complete: there are a few more things I would like to get...a Colt Ace, a S&W 586 or 686, a Freedom Arms Model 97 revolver, a Seecamp. But it won't happen now...

I will not be fingerprinted and photographed in order to exercise a Constitutional right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom