• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The HQL - Your Plans

Votes: 127 35.9%
    • Wait until I have something I want to buy, the suck it up.

Votes: 96 27.1%
    • No way. No HQL for me.

Votes: 95 26.8%
    • I'm moving out of MD and escaping all of this.

Votes: 36 10.2%

• Total voters

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    So as October 1 nears, I am curious where people are coming out on the HQL.

Are you going to go get it immediately?

Are you going to wait until you have a purchase you want to make?

Are you just swearing off handguns because you will be damned if you'll be fingerprinted like a criminal just for exercising your rights?

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Thinking of buying a handgun next week, just simply to beget in early on telling them what BS it is that buying a pistol a few days later than a certain date means I can get it for over a month.

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    For what it is worth, I am probably waiting. I figure it will be a complete cluster f*** for at least six months, and I am going to need to recharge the bank account anyway. The thing expires and so I am not getting it until I need it. I am very sympathetic to those saying screw it, I just won't buy, but I think that is exactly what they want us to do. They don't care why we don't buy, just that we don't buy so all the LGS go out of business.

Bean Guy

Apr 4, 2013
    Eldersburg
    As I looked into the process for getting an HQL it really rankled me, not that I have to get fingerprinted but that my fingerprints would be in the Maryland CRIMINAL data base. So basically, as a tax paying law abiding citizen who funds the government MOM and his ilk think my information belongs in a CRIMINAL data base. FU O'Malley and the horse you rode in on, and I hope you slip and fall and land face first in a pile of steaming horse turds.

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    We going to flood MSP with HQL applications so they never get caught up.

I am sympathetic to that for sure. But one of the other threads on here got me thinking about this very issue.

Suppose you didn't have ANY gun at all and you waited until after October 1 for whatever reason. You didn't have the funds, you didn't figure it out, I'm not going to judge the why.

I am not sure I want to be responsible, even indirectly, for you not being able to buy a weapon to protect your family. I may not have come up with all these crazy rules and all that, but if my application is slowing yours down and I know I don't actually need the license immediately, I'm not sure I am entirely comfortable with doing that.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    I am sympathetic to that for sure. But one of the other threads on here got me thinking about this very issue.

Suppose you didn't have ANY gun at all and you waited until after October 1 for whatever reason. You didn't have the funds, you didn't figure it out, I'm not going to judge the why.

I am not sure I want to be responsible, even indirectly, for you not being able to buy a weapon to protect your family. I may not have come up with all these crazy rules and all that, but if my application is slowing yours down and I know I don't actually need the license immediately, I'm not sure I am entirely comfortable with doing that.

:thumbsup:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It'll take me the better part of six months to repair the damage SB281 has done to my finances. Then I'll have to build 3 ARs. I doubt I'll hold back on any nice C&R opportunities. After that, we'll see about an HQL.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave

The state of maryland should feel VERY uncomfortable about doing that. Not you.

All I can say. They are responsible in that scenario, not you.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    As I looked into the process for getting an HQL it really rankled me, not that I have to get fingerprinted but that my fingerprints would be in the Maryland CRIMINAL data base. So basically, as a tax paying law abiding citizen who funds the government MOM and his ilk think my information belongs in a CRIMINAL data base. FU O'Malley and the horse you rode in on, and I hope you slip and fall and land face first in a pile of steaming horse turds.

Do the horse first so you last longer when you get to him.

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    Anyone that gets the HQL, trains people for it or consents in any way is helping the State suppress your rights.

I don't think I agree with this, although I completely appreciate where you are coming from on it.

Here is how I see it - they want to ban ALL GUNS PERIOD.

They know they can never get there because of the 2A.

But if they can make it difficult enough to buy and sell guns in Maryland, and undermine the economics of the LGS in the state so they all go out of business, they can largely achieve indirectly what the 2A clearly says they can't achieve directly.

If we don't keep the LGS alive - honestly it doesn't much matter what the laws are anymore at that point. If the only way you can get a gun of any kind in Maryland is through an out-of-state transfer by a non-stocking FFL for $200 a gun - smoke 'em while you got 'em.

Whatever room they leave us, we should run with it. Doesn't mean we endorse what they have done, but this is multi-front war - it is about $$$ just as much as it is about the Constitution.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I turned 21 this year. I'm not stopping because some little insolent sh!t in Annapolis doesn't want me to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom