• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I think this all goes away because of Obama's speech today after the Washington school shooting today.

Good Luck to us all.
    Jim Smith

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Everyone's ammo thermostat has been reset, with regard to 22lr.

Used to be the next trip to the gun show and how much you shot determined how much you needed. Now when ammo disappears for a year, and the left wing legislators talk about 50-100% ammo tax, suddenly you 'need' more. A lot more.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    From what I've read, several big federal agencies (some new, or new to bring armed or doing firearms training); have completed their stock pile / emergency surplus. So now on they will just be purchasing restock of the limited amount of training ammo they use. If this is true, this would be a huge contributing factor to the availability and cost of popular service calibers.

This does not explain the shortage of .22LR.

Big box stores (Walmart, Dicks, Cabelas, etc), are typically slow to change their prices up or down (beyond normal, programmed sales).

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    An optimist I like it. Time to stock up if a crash occurs!

That said, not so sure with continued media hype about nutjobs who insist on hurting people.

By the way while I get commodities are a cornerstone of capitalism, I hope some of the vendors who have been hoarding .22LR to sell at $100 per brick loose their a$$es. As they are probably bouying prices as much as the Walmart ammo cabinet stalkers.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    57088d1370288019-please-stop-hoarding-ammo-stockpile2.jpg

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    The .22 crash is definitely on the way. Go on gun broker, punch in 22lr in the search box and then sort by number of bids. Yes, there are still idiots on there trying to get $150 for a brick, but they aren't attracting any bids. Right now, a huge lot of golden bullets is running just under 9 cents a round + shipping. That is getting serious interest/bids. It may sell for a bit more than that, but it isn't going to end up at 25 cents a round. That nonsense is already over.

The ammo hoarders largely have what they want. The guys buying to flip ammo are dumping their inventory before they get hammered. Add that to the fact all the .22 manufacturers are still pouring out product 24/7 and we are definitely going to see prices return to normal.

Give it another few months - you'll be able to shoot and buy .22 again. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am definitely ready to pull out some old friends that have been gathering dust.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I guess I will believe it when I see it. With all the media attention given to any idiot with a firearm I just don't see the debate going away. As long as the debate is there, I think the prices will stay above the pre-Sandy Hook days. And as far as reloading, while components are getting a little easier to find, they still sell out quick. Just go on Powdervalley and see what powders they have instock.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Well, he also said yesterday, addressing the point that the problem is mental health, rather than guns, that other countries have mental illness, but much less "gun violence" than the U.S., so the problem must be inadequate gun regulation. From CNN:

“The United States does not have a monopoly on crazy people. It's not the only country that has psychosis," he said. "And yet we kill each other in these mass shootings at rates that are exponentially higher than any place else. Well, what's the difference? The difference is that these guys can stack up a bunch of ammunition in their houses and that's sort of par for the course.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/oba...s-his-failure-to-trample-2nd-amendment-enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom