• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Bump. Remember, when you shop at Amazon.com for school supplies, Christmas presents, or anything else, do it through the Second amendment Foundation link http://www.saf.org/ to contribute to SAF.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    I wonder how much of a cut SAF gets. I’ve probably bought at least $200 worth of stuff on Amazon through this link already (I buy everything on Amazon).

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    I wonder how long it will be before the anti's go after Amazon for this and try to organize a boycott?

Probably never, if you said “Amazon supports SAF” to the average person they would probably ask you what SAF is. Really, as long as it is not the NRA people don’t care. NRA is associated with child murderers at this point but the other organizations are basically unknown.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I thought I would pass this along because what a better way to support SAF. :beer:

saf-alertsD.gif

Support SAF by Shopping at Amazon
    How can you save money AND support SAF’s lawsuits (helmed by legal rockstars like Alan Gura) at the same time? It’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!

1. Get to Amazon through saf.org/amazon. When you want to shop at Amazon, get there by going to saf.org/amazon – you’ll be redirected to the regular Amazon homepage. Voila!

2. Buy stuff! Really. It’s that simple. Every item that you buy through saf.org/amazon (even if you just put items in your cart and buy them later) is credited to our fundraising program. Oh – it costs you NOTHING, by the way. Total win-win, right?

3. Watch SAF win (with your help!). Up to 10% of every purchase through saf.org/amazon is sent by Amazon to SAF about 45 days later. That’s some 2A cha-ching!

Still have questions? No problemo. Here’s more on this awesome program:

When you go to Amazon through saf.org/amazon, Amazon creates a special “session” cookie that associates your purchases with our affiliate account. It’s all transparent to the shopper; there’s literally no difference in your shopping experience.

No, we can’t know who ordered what. Amazon does a great job making sure your privacy is protected. (Plus, you know, we don’t wanna know…)

Once you get to Amazon through saf.org/amazon, all you will see in your browser's address bar will be a url containing a "tag" like this one: http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&tag=s0cc7-20. There won’t be any “confirmation page” or notice that you’re shopping through saf.org/amazon. Hey, you didn’t want another pop-up to deal with anyway, right?

“This rocks!” you say? We think so, too, so don’t be bashful – go share the good news with the world! Thanks very much for your continuing support of our work to advance your rights.

Sincerely,

The Second Amendment Foundation team

Darn, I just made a significant (but not humongous) purchase on Amazon, and think I accidentally went straight to Amazon instead of through SAF. :whack::whack::whack:

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Darn, I just made a significant (but not humongous) purchase on Amazon, and think I accidentally went straight to Amazon instead of through SAF. :whack::whack::whack:

Me too. I emailed support and they said there's nothing they can do. The only solution was to cancel the order and redo it. I really needed the items for a project under deadline, and I couldn't risk it.

Just make sure you bookmark the Smile portal to Amazon. I just placed another order that way and it makes it easy.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I try to remind y'all as often as I can. See below. :D

This time of year calls for constant reminders. Too busy, too many distractions, and too many opportunities to forget. And, more important, too many opportunities to do some good to let them go by!

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Well gonna do this from now on. Thanks for the tip! I buy a lotta crap on Amazon. How about an ebay link? They do something similar with the referral cookie. I'd share this if I still had a Facebook.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I buy plenty from them as we'll! Great idea.
    I did hear a rumor that amazon plans on having a warehouse in MD so sales tax might be eminent. They say for quicker shipping but I would rather wait.

Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    Great idea, great cause. I buy a lot of stuff through Amazon and am also a Prime member, I'll make sure everyone in my family who has an account knows this as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom