• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Considering no one even knows who he is? I'm guessing this isn't the best option for us.

Also considering we're discussing it on a message board (on a Sunday morning), rather than it being officially announced .... this blows. :tdown:

Tells me you still don't understand the game..

Jack might get the nomination, and never get confirmed..

And while we love him to death..he is a bit light on rank. That means he can be defeated much easier on non policy grounds..

Of course maybe what you want is a public defeat..

Personally I want private victories..

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Apparently PA understand "the game", Kane announced literally immediately.

I'm sure there is some magic behind the curtain though as you seem to be suggesting. Cconsidering my almost constant disappointment with MD politics, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Hogan appoints someone who's openly AGAINST gun owners, and the doesn't see the issue.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Tells me you still don't understand the game..

Jack might get the nomination, and never get confirmed..

And while we love him to death..he is a bit light on rank. That means he can be defeated much easier on non policy grounds..

Of course maybe what you want is a public defeat..

Personally I want private victories..

This is very true. Whomever gets picked needs to get approval in part by a board with Raskin at the helm... Jack's exploits are no doubt known in Annapolis... An overtly pro-gun individual may not get confirmed at all.

This make you no less awesome if you're reading this, jack.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Just a puss move to appoint someone other than what he sees as the best person for the job (whomever that may be), simply based on speculation about who may not be approved.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Apparently PA understand "the game", Kane announced literally immediately.

I'm sure there is some magic behind the curtain though as you seem to be suggesting. Cconsidering my almost constant disappointment with MD politics, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Hogan appoints someone who's openly AGAINST gun owners, and the doesn't see the issue.

here we go again...

Hogan DOES understand...

what he can DO about it (and when) becomes the question

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Time will tell, especially if this possible appointment does absolutely nothing about the permitting process with a year or two.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    hey-why don't we wait and see who it is?

picard_clapping.gif

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Just a puss move to appoint someone other than what he sees as the best person for the job (whomever that may be), simply based on speculation about who may not be approved.

Exactly, if that's what happens. I am hopeful the powers to be realize they actually won the election and have balls enough not to be making apointments defensively.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Oversimplifying, I'm sure, but...

If the super follows orders to process apps the way we'd like, who cares?

I'd like to think I am wrong, and that Hogan would provide direction if necessary, but I see there being a better chance of Hogan appointing the right person who will make an independent decision on g&s, such that Hogan doesnt have to "order" anyhting. No reason to put himself in the line of fire. Let the appointee carry the ball since that's his job.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Moving someone up from inside is usually a good morale booster for an organization.

Since the majority of LE is pro-2A, not knowing doesn't bother me

PA on the other hand, is getting an outsider whose politics conflicts with most of the rank and file. If his boss lets him say or do anything at all, it will likely bring more pro-2A legislators to the next PA legislature. My real guess about Marcus going to PA is its window dressing for the PA leftists; no real effect.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Moving someone up from inside is usually a good morale booster for an organization.

Since the majority of LE is pro-2A, not knowing doesn't bother me

PA on the other hand, is getting an outsider whose politics conflicts with most of the rank and file. If his boss lets him say or do anything at all, it will likely bring more pro-2A legislators to the next PA legislature. My real guess about Marcus going to PA is its window dressing for the PA leftists; no real effect.

I can only speak from personal experience, but idk about that being a blanket statement. Some LE are pro-2a FOR LE only, not the general public.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I can only speak from personal experience, but idk about that being a blanket statement. Some LE are pro-2a FOR LE only, not the general public.

If they are pro-2A for LE only, then they aren't pro-2A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013

The State Police have been forced to suffer through a series of Superintendents who never wore the stetson a day in their lives prior to being appointed to head the organization. I can't say exactly how much of a difference this fact has made in terms of the day to day operations of the agency but I can tell you from conversations that I've had that the rank and file have noticed this fact and they resent the hell out of it. The internal culture of every Police agency is different. LAPD, BPD, NYPD, MSP and every other Department in between does things differently and they all have different priorities. I would characterize MSP as a proud agency more than anything else. Tradition is very, very important to Troopers. Having someone who came up through the ranks at the helm the way LTC Pallozzi did is sure to improve morale and that's a fact that any Governor should consider in making his decision as to who he will nominate to fill the position.

Now as far as the 2nd Amendment community is concerned, LTC Pallozzi was in charge of the Support Services Bureau prior to his retirement. That means that he oversaw the licensing division of the Maryland State Police and was Captain McCauley's superior when Captain McCauley was commander of the licensing division. I don't know LTC Pallozzi and I wouldn't recognize him if he walked up to me on the street and offered to shake my hand. I don't know his personality or his politics. What I do know is that he is intimately familiar with the internal workings of the State Police in general and the licensing division in particular. I'm also encouraged by the fact that when members of AG Gansler's MSP detail complained about the AG ordering them to break the law by proceeding Code 1 for the AG's convenience LTC Pallozzi stuck up for his men and all but called the Attorney General a liar on network television. At the time LTC Pallozzi made those comments the prospect of a long shot Republican candidate being elected Governor was a distant fantasy. If he was a man interested in scoring political points he would have been better served by remaining silent or throwing his own men under the bus. In the end, he did neither but rather publicly rebuked the Attorney General. I give him credit for that and I think it bodes well on many fronts.

I don't believe for a moment that Governor Elect Hogan would nominate someone who will make things harder for us. We may not have gotten him elected but our support certainly didn't hurt him no matter how hard Anthony Brown tried to make it backfire. I for one will wait and see what our incoming Governor has in store for us. Unless he proves himself hostile to the Second Amendment I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013

I have yet to meet a sworn Officer/Trooper/Deputy here in Maryland that opposes your average law abiding adult owning and carrying firearms for self defense. I'm sure they exist but I have yet to meet one.

I would much rather respond to a report of a shooting and find an armed robber shot on the pavement with his intended victim standing over him than the reverse. We don't respond to all that many justified homicides but when we do I can tell you that everyone on the shift is pleased. Too often it seems like the bad guys carry the day. It's always refreshing to see a non-LEO stand up to them successfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom