• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Joe Bob could raise his prices on everything, as long as he still includes shipping and t-shirts, I will buy. :)

Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    That guy is a dealer, and has ordered tens of thousands of dollars from us. He paid an additional $250 to have a fair amount overnighted on Friday so he could have some inventory for a gunshow this past weekend. IE, we helped put food on his families table.

Just FYI for all those guys that are upset about missing out:

The more transparent we make deals, and the more we broadcast the availability, the quicker things go. PERIOD. So if you want us to advertise it really big and broad, then you're going to have an even harder time to get inventory. Can't have your cake and eat it too. If we had made a thread labeled "BCG's" would they have sold out in 45 minutes? 30 minutes?

Everyone is hard up for BCG's right now. That's across the industry. There is no way to feed the demand currently, from any supplier.

We'd rather see a dealer buy some to resell to put food on his table than to sell them to individual customers, honestly. The consumer is taking a beating now with high pricing, but dealers without inventory means many small businesses going under. We're much more efficient selling them a handful at a time, than one at a time.

If someone buys them to resell, then don't purchase them from them. Nobody has to buy them from us or anyone else. Consumers pick the price points they feel comfortable buying at, not dealers. The guy who buys them to resell has taken on risk. With that risk, he wants to make a profit, which is fair. However, he could end up getting stuck holding the bag too.

For those hard up for BCG's...just wait a while. We should be getting in some economically priced BCG's soon, in bulk.

400 BCG's sold in an hour, that weren't really marketed at all. Unfortunately, you can't please everyone.

We could jack the price up $50 to hedge demand though...

Sorry if I seemed to make a big deal about it, I was just posting that someone else was selling the cera plated BCG's. Personally I have no problem with you doing business as you see fit. You have a company to run and you must do what works for you. I think you have been more than fair with MDS members and I couldn't ask for more. Honestly you can't beat your prices, especially on the BCG's, it was a steal. Hope I didn't cause too much trouble. THANKS AGAIN!

olddawg

Feb 3, 2011
    Harford County
    You guys are the first vendor I check when I'm shopping for parts or accessories. Great prices and prompt shipment. I just picked up a vortex VMX 3 from you guys a couple weeks ago. It was out of stock everywhere but you guys got some in. They didn't last long either. I was lucky. I check your website daily. I love the discount and the free shipping. Thanks guys! The current environment has frayed everyone's nerves. This to will pass. Keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I just got notification that Cera-plated BCGs are available. It allowed me to add to cart, but I don't need one. Good luck!

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Looks like another 100 straggling BCG's arrived today but sold out quickly again. I don't think anymore are hitting us anytime soon of that variety.

I'm in South Carolina right now at a buying show, so I wasn't 100% sure of how much more inventory arrived today. Looks like PS90 50rd mags, XDs mags, and 100 more ceraplate BCG's were the hot items today .

Fieldman

Dec 22, 2009
    Clayton, DE
    I am always missing the BCG's
    Ditto.. feels like I'm tryin to catch a unicorn.. I will catch it eventually with patience and persistence. I think Joebobs is the only place I've seen them come in without being extremely gouged. I understand demand and availability drive up prices, and joebob in the past and even now has the most fair & reasonable pricing I've found.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Sorry dude. We only got in 40 of each 16" upper and they sold out within 15 minutes. We are trying to avoid giving any advance notification to anyone because then it causes even more "hype" and then everyone gangbangs them at the same time, and they sell out even faster.

We'll try to post up on here next time, hopefully we'll get more in soon.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    By the time I got the e-mail notification they were gone. Not that I Neeeed another AR but I definitely want a MOE LE version.

No worries JoeBob! I'll get one when the time is right.

BTW, a good friend of mine in West Virginia is very pleased with the service you've provided. Thanks for rockin'.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I missed 2 BCG's the other day. I was here , but...on this FORUM for one...hahahahahaha...about 1/2 hr went by ...SOLD OUT...then about 2 hr for the other before I noticed it...was out at the store....:-( Dagnabit.....

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    By the time I got the e-mail notification they were gone. Not that I Neeeed another AR but I definitely want a MOE LE version.

No worries JoeBob! I'll get one when the time is right.

BTW, a good friend of mine in West Virginia is very pleased with the service you've provided. Thanks for rockin'.

I did the same last night. I was sitting at the computer when the email came in. I clicked the link and they were gone.

Meh, is what it is. I'm glad JB is making money but I bet he wishes he had more product to sell.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    I did the same last night. I was sitting at the computer when the email came in. I clicked the link and they were gone.

Meh, is what it is. I'm glad JB is making money but I bet he wishes he had more product to sell.

Right now we have a disproportionate amount of disappointed customers every time items come in. Hundreds and hundreds will be fighting over the same 50 uppers, etc. It sucks, but not much we can do about it unfortunately.

We're supposed to receive (3) pallets of Spike's uppers for our June, July, and August shipments from 2012 that are still outstanding. Half of May is still outstanding now.

Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec 2012, and January 2013 monthly upper shipments that are still outstanding were bumped up to (10) pallets of uppers total. So, that should help out with some of the availability we'd hope :D.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    You keep getting them in, I'll keep watching for them. Hell, everything is in such short supply that it's not like I could complete a rifle right now anyway with quality parts.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    This is exactly what I'm doing too. I just ordered a lower from JoeBob and it's been shipped. I plan on stashing it in the safe until things calm down a bit before starting my build. I figure, if I'm going to do it, I might as well do it right.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    Sorry dude. We only got in 40 of each 16" upper and they sold out within 15 minutes. We are trying to avoid giving any advance notification to anyone because then it causes even more "hype" and then everyone gangbangs them at the same time, and they sell out even faster.

We'll try to post up on here next time, hopefully we'll get more in soon.

Hopefully I can get one next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom