• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fieldman

Dec 22, 2009
    Clayton, DE
    They would have went even faster if posted in a thread that actually has a subject with "bcg" in it. Say the NiB thread.. i breezed over this thinking it was related to the subject "spikes upper". After updated a couple times i looked to see what the activity was in this thread and was dumbfounded by the bcg link in there. Missed'em again. Been watchin site endlessly for bcgs to come in and bam.. gone..

ckaminski74

Jan 1, 2013
    anyone got JUST ONE they want to sell. been updating website and FB watching and waiting at a compulsive pace to find out NOW i have to find hidden links to buy one

it wont be going on gun broker

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I got my email notification when the spikes uppers came in. I had one in my cart and was filling out my billing information and then my browser reloaded and poof all the sudden it dissapeared from my cart and was sold out. Talk about being pissed!

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS

That guy is a dealer, and has ordered tens of thousands of dollars from us. He paid an additional $250 to have a fair amount overnighted on Friday so he could have some inventory for a gunshow this past weekend. IE, we helped put food on his families table.

Just FYI for all those guys that are upset about missing out:

The more transparent we make deals, and the more we broadcast the availability, the quicker things go. PERIOD. So if you want us to advertise it really big and broad, then you're going to have an even harder time to get inventory. Can't have your cake and eat it too. If we had made a thread labeled "BCG's" would they have sold out in 45 minutes? 30 minutes?

Everyone is hard up for BCG's right now. That's across the industry. There is no way to feed the demand currently, from any supplier.

We'd rather see a dealer buy some to resell to put food on his table than to sell them to individual customers, honestly. The consumer is taking a beating now with high pricing, but dealers without inventory means many small businesses going under. We're much more efficient selling them a handful at a time, than one at a time.

If someone buys them to resell, then don't purchase them from them. Nobody has to buy them from us or anyone else. Consumers pick the price points they feel comfortable buying at, not dealers. The guy who buys them to resell has taken on risk. With that risk, he wants to make a profit, which is fair. However, he could end up getting stuck holding the bag too.

For those hard up for BCG's...just wait a while. We should be getting in some economically priced BCG's soon, in bulk.

400 BCG's sold in an hour, that weren't really marketed at all. Unfortunately, you can't please everyone.

We could jack the price up $50 to hedge demand though...

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    That guy is a dealer, and has ordered tens of thousands of dollars from us. He paid an additional $250 to have a fair amount overnighted on Friday so he could have some inventory for a gunshow this past weekend. IE, we helped put food on his families table.

Just FYI for all those guys that are upset about missing out:

The more transparent we make deals, and the more we broadcast the availability, the quicker things go. PERIOD. So if you want us to advertise it really big and broad, then you're going to have an even harder time to get inventory. Can't have your cake and eat it too. If we had made a thread labeled "BCG's" would they have sold out in 45 minutes? 30 minutes?

Everyone is hard up for BCG's right now. That's across the industry. There is no way to feed the demand currently, from any supplier.

We'd rather see a dealer buy some to resell to put food on his table than to sell them to individual customers, honestly. The consumer is taking a beating now with high pricing, but dealers without inventory means many small businesses going under. We're much more efficient selling them a handful at a time, than one at a time.

If someone buys them to resell, then don't purchase them from them. Nobody has to buy them from us or anyone else. Consumers pick the price points they feel comfortable buying at, not dealers. The guy who buys them to resell has taken on risk. With that risk, he wants to make a profit, which is fair. However, he could end up getting stuck holding the bag too.

For those hard up for BCG's...just wait a while. We should be getting in some economically priced BCG's soon, in bulk.

400 BCG's sold in an hour, that weren't really marketed at all. Unfortunately, you can't please everyone.

We could jack the price up $50 to hedge demand though...

:thumbsup:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    JoeBob, you've got nothing to appologize for. As a customer, I appreciate your business practices and as a forum member I appreciate your support of our community.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS

I meant private people like members here.

We limited it to 2 forums total (MDs and an FFL dealer forum). Many of the dealers need BCG's for complete rifles and uppers so they can keep food on their tables so we're of course not going to limit them. Within an hour 400 sold out, with that little market saturation. Someone of course posted it on Arfcom, which means that link is no longer "hidden" by any means like it once was.

There's not much more we can do. If we get a SMALL batch in, we might be able to give an exclusive link to these guys here only, with a strict limit in place on quantities.

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    We limited it to 2 forums total (MDs and an FFL dealer forum). Many of the dealers need BCG's for complete rifles and uppers so they can keep food on their tables so we're of course not going to limit them. Within an hour 400 sold out, with that little market saturation. Someone of course posted it on Arfcom, which means that link is no longer "hidden" by any means like it once was.

There's not much more we can do. If we get a SMALL batch in, we might be able to give an exclusive link to these guys here only, with a strict limit in place on quantities.

Stop apologizing or defending yourself. You posted something that you didn't have to. You did it as a favor. It's snooze you lose these days. If I needed BCGs I would have snatched a bunch up when you posted it.
    Thanks for being the way you are, class act

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    We're just explaining our reasoning for doing things the way we do. Everything we do is calculated to try to give the best service to as many people as we can, period.

You have no idea how many hundreds of emails a day we get, especially after some good inventory comes in and sells out instantly, with everyone whining about not getting any. Honestly, the only way to hedge the demand is to raise prices. So for everyone that complains, they do need to realize that. We're investing millions of dollars this next year into BCG supply lines to try to keep things rolling in as best as we can.

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    We're just explaining our reasoning for doing things the way we do. Everything we do is calculated to try to give the best service to as many people as we can, period.

You have no idea how many hundreds of emails a day we get, especially after some inventory comes in, about everyone whining about not getting any. Honestly, the only way to hedge the demand is to raise prices. So for everyone that complains, they do need to realize that. We're investing millions of dollars this next year into BCG supply lines to try to keep things rolling in as best as we can.
    Raise the price for everyone but me, problem solved:)

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Raise the price for everyone but me, problem solved:)

Consider it done ;)

Just an FYI to all, we REALLY don't grease squeeky wheels around here. However, we do listen to customers and try to help out the appreciative ones, so try not to let panic buying cloud judgement and stop common courtesies to a dealer. We'll do the best we can to get inventory at a fair price to customers. Obviously, there is a finite amount of supply and a huge influx of panic buying buyers into the market now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom