• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Dang... I put one on the watch list and the email came in after I went to bed. Eleven hours later and they're gone again.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    I honestly dont think they lasted 11 minutes lol. When they got spikes lowers in back in november I got the email at 4pm and ordered at 4:15................sold out by 4:30.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Uppers were released around 7PM your time, and most sold out within an hr unfortunately.

We had 3 pallets of them arrive this time around, which was a little under 200 total.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Uppers were released around 7PM your time, and most sold out within an hr unfortunately.

We had 3 pallets of them arrive this time around, which was a little under 200 total.

Wow, that's moving. I saw a few that showed up on Gunbroker shortly after that time. I woder if people there are actually listing stuff ebfore they've even got it in hand.

Any rate, I appreciate your notification option. I'll keep my eyes open.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Wow, that's moving. I saw a few that showed up on Gunbroker shortly after that time. I woder if people there are actually listing stuff ebfore they've even got it in hand.

Any rate, I appreciate your notification option. I'll keep my eyes open.

I hope not. This "flipping" inventory crap is pretty ghay as of lately. We ultimately want to sell inventory at a fair price to customers who want to shoot their guns. We don't want to play middleman to have someone buy something to immediately gouge a panic buyer. It's a shitty system, but unfortunately no way to fix that.

The only real option we have is to jack our prices up to prevent it, to limit the possible profits of said flippers to alleviate that problem, but that's a pretty poor approach in general to our normal customer base.

P.S. Being a firearms retailer is pretty shitty right now. It's very hard to get inventory, and when you do get some in at a fair price a portion of it gets sold for a higher profit margin than you make with all the risk :rolleyes:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I think you guys are doing as well as you can, it's just a bizarre market right now.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Certainly ^. This will pass. I am interested in seeing the used market later.

Make the hot items a private type sale, just to MDS and other forums you feel you could trust? I only say this so we get all the goodies :)

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Certainly ^. This will pass. I am interested in seeing the used market later.

Make the hot items a private type sale, just to MDS and other forums you feel you could trust? I only say this so we get all the goodies :)

Haha that would be awesome. Joe bob is a great retailer and right now my first stop when i need anything. Im just waiting on the bcgs to come in stock!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    The ceraplated BCG's are sold out now. Only let you guys and an FFL forum know about it.....400 went in less than an hour without even being live on the website. That's not too shabby I suppose...

No solid ETA on the next batch of these, but hopefully soon. We're trying to get BCG's in ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom