So Freds in Waldorf is building a gun range.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I have yet to see this mystery ammo log these guys rant about. The only thing I sign for is black powder and smokeless powders, that I have no issue with, that's a federal requirement.

No, that's not a federal law. That's just another inane Maryland moron law. People in normal states don't sign anything to buy smokeless powder, anymore than they have to wait seven days to buy a handgun or "restricted" weapon, or buy chamber locks, or pay the state police and go to a barracks to sell a gun to someone else, or wait for politicians and their minions to decide what handguns are legal to buy.

I don't buy black powder, but I doubt anyone signs for that either.

SOMD shoot is partially correct. It's state (not federal) law for both smokeless and black powder sales and purchases to be recorded. Strangely enough they are classified as explosives, but gasoline isn't. Glad I don't have to sign a log everytime I fill up at the local Wawa.

My solution to MD's stupid law is Chantilly or a neighboring state.

My solution to Fred's is not to buy there. I, being the ever skepical guy I am, Tried a run at them and they wanted me to fill out the log for a box of .45acp. I refused and they told me it's state law. I called them on it and refuse to purchase. Door never hit me on the way out. This was several months ago. Your mileage may vary.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    that is the only thing I could think of,as of right now law abiding people can buy ammo.

Same here.

Certain types of past arrests/incidents would definitely got the early morning visit if they found your name on a ammo log, I'd think.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    this still doesn't justify them invading out right to privacy

Agreed, but if certain stores wouldn't participate in a un-mandated ammo log, it'd be a bit harder for them to invade our privacy. ;)

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    that is my point.

maybe we should all get together and go in to freds take up the help's time try to buy ammo and when they want to put our information in the book say no and walk out maybe if we can get enough people to do this in a day or two they will loose enough money and might come to relise they are wrong.
    :lol:

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    I went to Myrtle Grove today and talked to a guy that works at Freds. He said that the range is going to be 50' long, and cost over $400 a year membership and you have to buy their ammo to shoot there because of insurance reasons, "so they say". I will not be shooting there!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Typical...

I'll stay with my backyard shooting, no range fee, great commute, and no ammo restrictions. :D

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    I went to Myrtle Grove today and talked to a guy that works at Freds. He said that the range is going to be 50' long, and cost over $400 a year membership and you have to buy their ammo to shoot there because of insurance reasons, "so they say". I will not be shooting there!

Old Polish saying: Never buy guns from a furniture store with Mr Ed out front as a mascot!

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    MSAR is/was $15 for the day. I'll drive up there.

My neighbor got a 6am visit from the MSP because of Fred's ammo log.

Maybe someone can dig up that thread about the MSP knocking on the LaPlata guys house at 1AM because of the Fred's ammo log... I cannot find it.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    One thing i have noticed though are more people with the Fred's GOT GUNS stickers. I wish they knew they GOT RIPPED. Way better off with choices like Keep Shooting and Accurate Guns and Ammo in loveville. I would love a indoor range to shoot at but being associated with Freds, NO CHANCE.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's

WHAT A DEAL! Do we have to turn off our cell phones too!

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    OK -- here's my DNA-sample for them...

No, but you do also have to give up your first-born and submit a dna sample... ;)

tumblr_lzae0pvJ0A1qbrvuu.gif
    :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads