So Freds in Waldorf is building a gun range.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Citizen

Red Man in a Blue State
    Nov 9, 2012
    Calvert Collective, PRM
    I guess you have never heard of a FTF purchase of a non-regulated firearm in Maryland? A quite of few people here also have C&R licenses that enables them to have pistols mailed straight to their house without MSP being envolved whatsoever.

Of course I've heard of the C&R licenses and the FTF. Pardon me for not clarifying, I was discussing 'Regulated Firearms' which is practically every modern handgun and 'assault weapon' in the state, and every firearm that I noticed at the range that day (yes, us guys do tend to check what the other guy is packing, don't we?).

So Fred's doesn't have an ammo log anymore? Hmmmmm...

- You use their range...
    - You watch their safety movie...
    - They have a form with your name, telephone and address on it...
    - You MUST purchase ammo at their store to use their range...

Yep, they even know I went to the range that day 'cause I paid my money, and I actually confessed that I was who I claimed to be. I even showed them my official MD state driver's license, that the MSP and the MVA have on file already. Yes, they know I was at a legally established, licensed business that day. Just like they know when you buy ammo or firearms over the internet with your credit card.

Think about it. Homeland Security knows; you bet'cha.

So how is this any different than their ammo log?!?!? IMHO this is even worse than an ammo log for two reasons; 1. It identifies customers who have purchased ammo.

Well, let me say for the third time... they did not take any information about me purchasing ammo. (I thought I made that clear; guess not) All they needed to see was a receipt that I purchased some ammo. They did not check my bag for what type of firearm I had. For all they know I could have brought .22 ammo and carried in a .308 or a .45.

2. It identifies customers who are in possesion and/or own firearms that may or may not be registered with the MSP.

How so? because I told them I watched a video and I verified it with my name? I repeat, NO ONE ASKED, OR REQUIRED ME TO SHOW, IDENTIFY, REGISTER IN ANY WAY MY FIREARM(S). How in the world does this identify me as in possession of certain firearms?

If the MSP walk into the store without a warrant and ask, "We are curious, mind if we see who has used your gun range lately?" Fred's will give them all of your information. I can think of several ways how this "gun range file" could be troublesome for customers; no differently than Fred's ammo log has been in the past.

Yes! I confess! I used the Range with my registered firearm Officer Fife. I am guilty! What type of ammo did I purchase? Excuse me? Fred's didn't tell you what ammo I purchased because they didn't record it? Why, of course it was for my registered firearm Officer Fife; I would never consider breaking the law. :bowdown:

I still do not see how legally using a legally established Range would somehow pique the interest of the MSP.... unless someone has a past history of nefarious deeds :innocent0...know what I mean? :cool:

Look, I realize the paranoia within the every dwindling circle of us firearm enthusiasts. I have quite a lot myself. I, along with many, many others here have given up a lot of basic freedoms and information about ourselves, more than any of us feel comfortable with in this Peoples Collective Utopia of Merryland just to buy legal firearms. But there comes a point where we need to stand and say we have nothing to hide. We are law-abiding citizens and we have certain inalienable rights granted to us by our Creator and guaranteed by the founding documents of our government. And we will stand for those rights until taken away by force.

Until our basic rights and freedoms are taken away (soon my friends, very soon), we have choices. Either go to Fred's Range, abide by their rules...or not.

Enjoy what you can, while you can. Life ain't a test drive....You can quote me on that.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    They post it on their website. Go here and scroll down. It doesn't matter if no customers see, much less fill in and sign, a log. They say they have one. It makes no sense to have one and not use it. Instead of arguing about it here, why not call or go over there and take it up with them?

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I still do not see how legally using a legally established Range would somehow pique the interest of the MSP.... unless someone has a past history of nefarious deeds :innocent0...know what I mean? :cool:

You know, a LaPlata resident once thought the same until one day he legally purchased ammo at Fred's and his information was entered into their ammo log.

If I remember correctly, all he did was purchase a caliber ammo for a firearm that he did not own. This interested the MSP so much that they entered his home without a warrant dressed in tactical gear demanding to see his firearms.

NIK

Jul 31, 2012
    MD
    J____ C_____, did you not even read the sentence YOU quoted?

Yeah I did. It was a link to a sh177y webpage that looks like its being maintained by some poor sap who doesn't care about his job. Who knows when that section was last updated. You still didn't answer the question.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Yeah I did. It was a link to a sh177y webpage that looks like its being maintained by some poor sap who doesn't care about his job. Who knows when that section was last updated. You still didn't answer the question.

Um, that link was to a post on this website, put up by Norton, the Admin. The actual page in question is at http://www.fredssports.com/maryland_hand_guns.htm It was last updated Friday, August 24, 2012.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County

So Fred hires 'poor saps who don't care about their jobs'?

This is not really a selling point for them.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

And yet you keep coming back to that sh177y website.

Does that explain anything about your being a Fred's patron?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    We're going in circles right now.

I guess we'll see if Fred's biggest fan actually wants to be a member of this community outside of cheerleading for them once this is closed.

I'm just a musician, but I know enough to edit a webpage in about 2 minutes.

Continuing to advertise that you participate in an extra-legal program that has led to an armed visit to a lawful patron's home in the middle of the night just >might< be a bad idea, but then again there I go using logic.

They'll get no money from me, and they'll get damned little exposure here as long as they either participate in that program or they have that page as it is.

I, and others, spent too much time trying to save other dealers in this state from being forced into that program under weight of law to have other rogues out there voluntarily doing it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom