• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    Honestly what will happen to them if they refuse? Who's going to force them? The current resident of the White House and his minions certainly will not. I really expect NY and MD to flip the bird to the court and continue to arrest people for breaking what is now an unconstitutional law.
    The New York government executives and senior police officers may be sued in federal court in a 1983 action. The Bruen ruling would be relevant in any proceeding based on this re-written New York law. The White House may not publicly become involved but may privately pressure New York to comply with the Supreme Court ruling, not because they agree with it, but because of the political ramifications of appearing to collude in contempt of the Supreme Court would be a political problem in November and 2024.

I expect Gov. Ron DeSantis will file for the Republican primary and will be a significant contender, regardless what Donald Trump does. You can be sure he would use this against the Democrats.

Last edited:

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    The AG decision is arbitrary, it means that the decision was not based on reasonable judgment.

Frosh must act as the “People’s Lawyer” for the citizens. That means us too even thou we are in the minority.
    We must as MSI demand the Right to equal protection of the law without discrimination.
    That's NOW and not 240 days. .. A right delayed is a right denied.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Or, and. I'm just spitballing here, the left could actually just pass a federal law or constitutional amendment allowing abortion. You know, actually "stand up for women's rights" instead of just talking about. it for the last 50 years.
    Problem is not 100% are pro choice and they’ve had control over house and senate and presidency for about 8 months out of the last 50 years. Republicans would never let a pro choice law get passed, let alone a constitutional amendment.

They need 60 seats in the senate or it isn’t happening.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    We agree, unfortunately it’s not what SCOTUS gave us.

It would have to be an amendment.
    Not necessarily. Commerce clause. Most medical procedures involve interstate commerce in some way even if the procedure itself is done within a state by two residents of the same state.

Otherwise the civil rights act and Americans with disabilities act wouldn’t have stood up. Now, I am sure there are those itching to have SCOTUS throw both of those out too.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Not necessarily. Commerce clause. Most medical procedures involve interstate commerce in some way even if the procedure itself is done within a state by two residents of the same state.

Otherwise the civil rights act and Americans with disabilities act wouldn’t have stood up. Now, I am sure there are those itching to have SCOTUS throw both of those out too.
    The Commerce Clause is probably the second most abused clause of the Constitution, going far beyond what was intended. The most abused is the so called General Welfare clause, which is part of the preamble and doesn't directly impart powers to the government at all. Both are used to justify the feds doing and regulation anything and everything the Constitution otherwise doesn't explicitly permit. If we ever get judicial clarity on these two perhaps we truly can get liberty back.

Like everything involving the government, I'm not holding my breath.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The commerce clause can regulate fetal parts.

We are talking about people.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Or, and. I'm just spitballing here, the left could actually just pass a federal law or constitutional amendment allowing abortion. You know, actually "stand up for women's rights" instead of just talking about. it for the last 50 years.

The Demoncrats would forever be known as the baby killer party if either route was taken.

Having the supreme court opinion that allowed abortion gave them the ability to point at them as the enablers of baby killing.

We agree, unfortunately it’s not what SCOTUS gave us.

It would have to be an amendment.

It would have to be a constitutional amendment. The supreme Court has already stated that there's no federal protection for legalized abortion. They sent it back to the States because that's where it belongs. The federal government has no jurisdiction anymore. Good luck with trying to pass a constitutional amendment.

The New York government executives and senior police officers may be sued in federal court in a 1983 action. The Bruen ruling would be relevant in any proceeding based on this re-written New York law. The White House may not publicly become involved but may privately pressure New York to comply with the Supreme Court ruling, not because they agree with it, but because of the political ramifications of appearing to collude in contempt of the Supreme Court would be a political problem in November and 2024.

I expect Gov. Ron DeSantis will file for the Republican primary and will be a significant contender, regardless what Donald Trump does. You can be sure he would use this against the Democrats.
    Well first off the offended party would have to have the financial ability to fight in federal court and then a federal court is going to have to decide with them. It may eventually find its way in front of the supreme Court several hundred thousand dollars and a few years from now. I believe you're seeing the seeds of a dictatorship soon. When States refuse to abide by a ruling from the supreme Court the United States of America and the party in power refuses to enforce the supreme Court rolling that is tyranny. That's what our founding fathers warned us against and that's why they gave us the second amendment. Unfortunately there's really nobody willing to use it for the reason it was written. So we just suck it up.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The AG decision is arbitrary, it means that the decision was not based on reasonable judgment.

Frosh must act as the “People’s Lawyer” for the citizens. That means us too even thou we are in the minority.
    We must as MSI demand the Right to equal protection of the law without discrimination.
    That's NOW and not 240 days. .. A right delayed is a right denied.
    Define "unreasonable" as in "unreasonable delay"...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Well first off the offended party would have to have the financial ability to fight in federal court and then a federal court is going to have to decide with them. It may eventually find its way in front of the supreme Court several hundred thousand dollars and a few years from now. I believe you're seeing the seeds of a dictatorship soon. When States refuse to abide by a ruling from the supreme Court the United States of America and the party in power refuses to enforce the supreme Court rolling that is tyranny. That's what our founding fathers warned us against and that's why they gave us the second amendment. Unfortunately there's really nobody willing to use it for the reason it was written. So we just suck it up.
    That right there is a constitutional crisis, and they tend to go sideways and pear shaped very fast.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Just because they can’t convict you does not mean they can’t make it painful for you
    I have zero faith in the left run justice system at the state and lower fed level right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    When do these gov officials lose their immunity from being sued personally?
    Never.

Frosh is fighting hard to defend Qualified Immunity in the Hurlbert case.

In the alternative, federal law allows individuals to file civil rights lawsuits under section 1983.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    The court can order them to stop enforcing it and/or deem their permitting scheme unenforceable and order them to issue permits. If they refuse the court can effective invalidate the law/regulation entirely.

At that point, its constitutional carry. Good luck on NYC attempting to arrest people for carrying when the judicial system says what citizens are doing is legal. Yeah, the city/state could decide not to abide by court orders. Then it gets the feds involved. And they probably would, even as much as I dislike Biden. He is the type to "vehemently disagree, but still follow the courts instructions".
    Is the Democrats lose the House and the Senate in the midterms and Biden decides to give the bird to SCOTUS, he might very well find himself impeached.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Is the Democrats lose the House and the Senate in the midterms and Biden decides to give the bird to SCOTUS, he might very well find himself impeached.
    25th Amendment. Have Joe take a mental status exam on live TV. He’d fail miserably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom